Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-04-2022, 06:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Mine would only be one understanding among many….therefore meaningless and certainly not definitive or authoritative. One of things that demands self discovery.

So if there's a higher self there's also a lower self, I think I'll stay in the middle
Old 09-04-2022, 07:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
So if there's a higher self there's also a lower self, I think I'll stay in the middle

Might miss the narrow gate……:)
Old 09-04-2022, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Might miss the narrow gate……:)

But find the wide one
Old 09-04-2022, 07:36 PM
Quote:
I should have added that Christ (or your guru) can point one to the Way.
Well, you don't hear that everyday!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-04-2022, 07:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
But find the wide one

“Wide is the gate that leads to destruction”……:)
Old 10-04-2022, 12:25 AM
Master
Quote:

We see this in our postings. Some are drawn to the dire warnings they see in Scripture while others are drawn to the message of love.

Love is great and can be misleading too if all is too self-centered. I feel good eh.
Recognizing your spiritual error, followed by a deep conversion, awakened with prayer is like finding the pearl in my experiences. Faith is required as the savior opens the door through grace.
I don't consider Jesus my Guru, rather my savior.

Will the Buddha go to heaven, that depends on God. As a Christian, I feel this way. Nothing against the Buddha he found his own pearls on his path, Jesus came later.. and the Buddha was more about nirvana.
Anyway if God is love then love can't be divided, or a house at war against itself will never stand. So I have faith in God's divine wisdom and love.
Wide is the gate, narrow is the door, that could mean many things too. Was it meant to make us fearful, or more attentive?
Can Christianity be fully compared to Buddhism? Are they the same thing? Does Christianity hinder enlightenment? Does Buddhism close the gate to heaven? Or are they both pointing at the divine essence that God is? I have an open mind and I wonder. However as you all know I consider myself a Christian, heart and soul.

Last edited by Nowayout : 10-04-2022 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:21 AM
Master

the pearl, well, ms hepburn said on another thread the way to get close to god is to feel...

i would agree...
Old 10-04-2022, 01:21 AM
Master
Anyway, it's very simple to me, if you do not pray to God, do you possess the pearl of great price the bible was all about. Jesus was always praying... and feeling for sure. Who here actually has a prayer life. I pray to God, not so much Jesus.

Prayer can be interior, and vocal. I talk to God all the time, in the first person. It's also a big movement that finds the narrow gate.... and is very mystical. When a person is meditating and doing the OHM thing, that could also be a prayer, depending on the big picture. Higher states of consciousness, shine on... the narrow gate. How high can you go? Where does God take over?

What is a higher state of consciousness, anyway. If it makes one a more loving compassionate person, then it must be good. Are you a compassionate person? Does the bible make us more loving compassionate persons, some do, some don't? There will be gnashing of teeth... it's not just a book.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:07 AM
Master
Do you help the poor?
Do you help people who are in need?
Do you pray for the world?
Do you care about others too?
Jesus did all these things, do you>

The pearl of great price.. has a price too.
You see, it's not all about you.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Here is the way that it is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In simplistic terms the Bible is like 2 fairy tales. Fairy tales for children have a happy ending. Adults can be attracted to a quite different version….one with a bad ending. “You must be like children to enter the kingdom of heaven”.

And It's not a children's fairy tale...for those with eyes to see.