Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-03-2022, 07:48 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan

@Molearner, in the Bible we find many perceptions of God which are very human like and among these interpretation of God we find things that are not of the mind but of the Mind, for example, God is love but even this is a pale interpretation of God really is for it is beyond all that our minds can ever conceive so one must move beyond the mind.

ThatMan,

Yes, I quoted at some length about the limitations of the mind in post #51 of “Is Jesus God ?” Thread. I have seen threads elsewhere that by examining history people attempt to determine how long ago man created God. Those are laughable IMO. God came first….period…..
Old 15-03-2022, 08:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
They were involved in a lot of wars only to find out they were worshipping the 'wrong' God! They found this out when they finally found the 'scriptures' that they did not know existed.

Is there a right/wrong God and the 'Right' God was found in the discovered Scriptures ?
Imo there is but 'One' unchangeable God percieved by each individual according to their beliefs/culture's etc:, there is no God that is right nor wrong, God is God who we visualise according to our own personal senses. The Biblical God is the God of the Storyteller's, experienced through their own personal perceptions.....
Jesus said ' The Kingdom of God is within ' . God doesn't change, we do.....
Old 15-03-2022, 09:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
And if you study further and further you find out that it's not the rule, for there are many places where the "the" is missing when talking about "the God"... And this is what I do not like, this is a not so nice ( what I am saying here? :)) ) ways to trick people into coming to your beliefs, tell the whole picture or no picture.
But at John 1:1 and 2 Cor 4:4 it is not missing, To show the differential of what is actually being said. Jesus never gets Ho Theos.
Old 15-03-2022, 09:13 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
I rewrote my message several times, it's not the first time we have this conversation and not this keeps going on and on, I can answer you in at least several ways even though I am not a schoolar but this is not the way forward, at least not in my opinion.
Let us all respect each other's belief and accept that ultimately we do not know what is what and what is not ( unless through direct experience ) and so here faith comes and one chooses to believe in something that speaks to him/her. This is way better than endlessly bringing this on and on and I urge with this occasion I call for peace and understanding for we are all human beings floating on a spek of dust in the vastness of the unknown.
The Fathers will = John 4:22-24--One must worship him in spirit and truth. And Jesus is clear--only those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( Matt 7:21) so having truth is ultra important. The word RIGHTeous shows it to.
Old 15-03-2022, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
EXCERPT Is there a right/wrong God and the 'Right' God was found in the discovered Scriptures ?
Imo there is but 'One' unchangeable God percieved by each individual according to their beliefs/culture's etc:, there is no God that is right nor wrong, God is God who we visualise according to our own personal senses. The Biblical God is the God of the Storyteller's, experienced through their own personal perceptions.....
What 'discovered Scriptures'? What I have said has always been there. All one had to do is look at it in the Hebrew and Greek.

if it is the God of Storytellers...... then why believe in a God. I suspect many don't. Besides.... this is the Christian Forum so I would think talking about the Biblical God would be in vogue..... but I suspect that is no longer the case. LOL!

In Hinduism, I have noticed over the years that the God Agni is a 'has been' and the big surprise is that many do not seem to relate to their Supreme God... Trimurti.

But then, as I previously mentioned, many wars were fought in the two book of the Kings only for them to find out they were worshipping...... the wrong God. You would think they would know better.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-03-2022, 09:25 PM
Master
Quote:
EXCERPT I rewrote my message several times, it's not the first time we have this conversation and not this keeps going on and on, I can answer you in at least several ways even though I am not a schoolar but this is not the way forward, at least not in my opinion.
Unfortunately...... you never answered my question in my past nor the present. You never have even brush upon it.

What I wrote was: Look at 2 Corinthians 4:4. It speaks of another god. The Greek word for god in that verse is the same Greek word in dispute in John 1:1. What is your comment on that?

Would you say the god mentioned in 2 Corinthians 4:4 should be translated the same way you want that same Greek work translated in John 1:1?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-03-2022, 09:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
ThatMan,Yes, I quoted at some length about the limitations of the mind in post #51 of “Is Jesus God ?” Thread. I have seen threads elsewhere that by examining history people attempt to determine how long ago man created God. Those are laughable IMO. God came first….period…..
The mind is always in a continuous state of change, those neurons in the brain are creating and recreating the mind each moment ( among other things ) how can it perceive the changeless for God is changeless? What is that does not change? We should focus our mind towards that direction and see where it leads us.

God is...
Old 16-03-2022, 06:24 AM
Master

Quote:
The mind is always in a continuous state of change, those neurons in the brain are creating and recreating the mind each moment ( among other things ) how can it perceive the changeless for God is changeless? What is that does not change? We should focus our mind towards that direction and see where it leads us.

God is...

I used to feel it deeply but these days I am lost in thoughts again ThatMan
Old 16-03-2022, 10:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Unfortunately...... you never answered my question in my past nor the present. You never have even brush upon it.

What I wrote was: Look at 2 Corinthians 4:4. It speaks of another god. The Greek word for god in that verse is the same Greek word in dispute in John 1:1. What is your comment on that?

Would you say the god mentioned in 2 Corinthians 4:4 should be translated the same way you want that same Greek work translated in John 1:1?

I can say that about you but I won't for I respect your efforts to study these things while it seems that you do not mine while I have always answered your repetitive questions.

It seems that I am always in the box of those who have to answer questions to you, now, answer me a question, how could Jesus ascend beyond the highest heaven in order to fill all things? According to you and JW *deleted* he is not God and yet God created all things, including the heavens, so a creating being, Jesus, in this case, ascended into the uncreated for we only know of the heavens and the material world as what was created.

Ephesians 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.

Answer me this if you can and I may answer you based on the answer you are to give me for I am not wasting more time with someone who does not show a little bit of respect.
Old 16-03-2022, 11:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
I used to feel it deeply but these days I am lost in thoughts again ThatMan

That is the way of the mind and we all are very familiar with it but just like when we meditate and bring our focus back to our breath, to ground ourselves so that the mental chatter slows down and so when we get caught in the play of life, we have to do the same, to bring our focus back to that which is. That's what I have always done and do for as you I was once deeply in it and then the mind started doubting all of this and at times the thoughts exploaded creating the experience of disconnection from that which is. Can we really be disconnected? Well no, the background is always there, only what appears on this background changes.