Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 28-09-2021, 09:35 AM
Experiencer

AYODHYA RAM TEMPLE is the UGLIEST EVER BUILT

After winning 400 years of legal battle, Govt. of India is constructing the so called the GRAND TEMPLE of RAM in Ayodhya. Traingular and conical architecture, narrow entrance and 'Shikhar' does not evoke the wonder and awe and devotion of Rama who was the last emperor of the World.

When the design of the temple was first made public in 80ies, I wrote to Vishnu Hari Dalmia, then the President of 'Vishwa Hindu Parishad, suggesting him a palatial architecture, to take to the visitors in Rama era of past. The entrance should have been made 100 meters wide and in between a statue of Ashwamegh Horse with Brahimns performing Yagya should be constructed. In the Jagmohan Mandap the statue of king Dasharat in grim face with his three wives should have been depicted.

In the sanctum hall, the statue of the four handed Vishnu should be installed on the Alter, who should be worshiped with rituals. In His front, the statue of Mother Kaushlya taking the new born Ram in his lap should be placed. And so on ... if the architects of the temple want a grand temple of International standards they should contact me.

All Indians (except me) are village *Deleted*and lack imagination and originality. This Ugliest Ram temple is the glaring proof of this fact.
Old 28-09-2021, 09:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
All Indians (except me) are village *Deleted* and lack imagination and originality. This Ugliest Ram temple is the glaring proof of this fact.
Oh dear that's a bit rude, has someone upset you today
Old 28-09-2021, 04:22 PM
Master

Temple design

There may be many view in having different architecture like visitor security,pandemic distancing,tourism encouragement also.

BTW is your university project up n running in puri.
Old 28-09-2021, 05:05 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
After winning 400 years of legal battle, Govt. of India is constructing the so called the GRAND TEMPLE of RAM in Ayodhya. Traingular and conical architecture, narrow entrance and 'Shikhar' does not evoke the wonder and awe and devotion of Rama who was the last emperor of the World.

When the design of the temple was first made public in 80ies, I wrote to Vishnu Hari Dalmia, then the President of 'Vishwa Hindu Parishad, suggesting him a palatial architecture, to take to the visitors in Rama era of past. The entrance should have been made 100 meters wide and in between a statue of Ashwamegh Horse with Brahimns performing Yagya should be constructed. In the Jagmohan Mandap the statue of king Dasharat in grim face with his three wives should have been depicted.

In the sanctum hall, the statue of the four handed Vishnu should be installed on the Alter, who should be worshiped with rituals. In His front, the statue of Mother Kaushlya taking the new born Ram in his lap should be placed. And so on ... if the architects of the temple want a grand temple of International standards they should contact me.

All Indians (except me) are village *Deleted*and lack imagination and originality. This Ugliest Ram temple is the glaring proof of this fact.

I see moderators have deleted 'bums' word. I would like to clarify that Eighty percent population of India lives in villages following agriculture as their prime occupation. These villagers have little education and become very rude on many occasions particularly on political issues, that I do not want to discuss. They have absolutely no knowledge about arts, science, architecture, but leaders among them take decision on such matters.

Look at these pictures
( link https://www.google.com/search?q=rama...ome &ie=UTF-8 )

and tell me if the temple looks Grand and Majestic from any angle?
Old 28-09-2021, 05:13 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
There may be many view in having different architecture like visitor security,pandemic distancing,tourism encouragement also.

BTW is your university project up n running in puri.

What do you mean by BTW ? Unfortunately, the Government has shifted our Puri University to Leh Laddakh. We are keeping our efforts continued to bring it back.
Old 28-09-2021, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:

and tell me if the temple looks Grand and Majestic from any angle?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....
Old 28-09-2021, 07:12 PM
Master
I've searched for this temple though and didn't find it unattractive, but understand that you, as an Indian, may prefer something that fits a certain Hindu standard. Or something that fits the god but I don't know much about Rama. The temple looks a bit excessive though, too many openings.

But I share in your sensitivity to architecture. It's important that a building fits its environment and has a natural feel to it.
Old 29-09-2021, 04:05 PM
Master

occupations and kind of people

Quote:
Eighty percent population of India lives in villages following agriculture as their prime occupation. These villagers have little education and become very rude on many occasions particularly on political issues, ...but leaders among them take decision on such matters.

Mostly people living in hinterlands will have occupations attached to the local produce and many a times agriculture . This is across globe .Recent demographics of India , people dependent on agriculture may be quite lesser than 80%. True India having suffered lots of political / economic defeats and not having great elite class (who love and serve their people ) may have rigid , less educated people . But I have seen this rigidity is even with educated people and with people of any other country also. Further world wide important decisions are taken always by leaders (political/ business/religious/science etc) . Ordinary people and bureaucracies may have limited say in important matters where leaders are very clear what to do.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:40 AM
Master
Quote:
I see moderators have deleted 'bums' word. I would like to clarify that Eighty percent population of India lives in villages following agriculture as their prime occupation. These villagers have little education and become very rude on many occasions particularly on political issues, that I do not want to discuss. They have absolutely no knowledge about arts, science, architecture, but leaders among them take decision on such matters.

Be glad about that. If it's the other way around and the masses are all ''highly educated'' (aka 2/3 of them having bogus degrees) and want ''originality'' than you end up with freakish postmodern architecture and ugly modernist blocks. You should be happy that most Indians are working in agriculture. Also, the more people working in agriculture the better, it means less need of large machines and smaller fields per farmer, which creates a varied landscape. Also these people will not be living sedentary urban lives obsessing over nonsense culture. Keep your country agricultural and Hindu.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:04 AM
Master
It’s about time we all abide with the temple within our heart