Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Hopefully also you understand that "Saved", means rescued.
And "Grace", means unmerited favor.

If "Grace" means "unmerited favor", how can you fall from grace, from unmerited favor?

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Grace... when it comes to God.. it just another word for Love...

If God is Love, than everything else that comes from God can't be anything else than a manifestation of Love, it all starts with love and comes back at Love.
Old 27-08-2020, 02:48 AM
Master
People aren't condemned because of righteousness, or love of God.
Who is love.

They are condemned because of committing cardinal sins, reject Him, and thereby commit spiritual suicide.
They replace Him with their own law and gospel.
Eliminating their natural conscience.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 27-08-2020, 07:52 AM
Master
Quote:
People aren't condemned because of righteousness, or love of God.
Who is love.

They are condemned because of committing cardinal sins, reject Him, and thereby commit spiritual suicide.

Some Cardinals do sin.... A very apt name.
Old 27-08-2020, 10:56 AM
ketzer

Quote:

Yeah, I think that's probably right, it does explain much of what ended up happening. I suppose there is just too much money to be made by violating that 3rd commandment for many to resist the temptation.

It so often comes down to money. You know some say all of human behaviors can be broken into two categories, the drive to survive and the drive to reproduce. Which I suppose explains the worlds two oldest professions. That and I suppose why the rich man finds it so hard to find heaven.
Old 27-08-2020, 11:02 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Some Cardinals do sin.... A very apt name.
Especially the sin of gluttony, they will eat all the safflower seeds before any of the other birds even get a chance. That and they are thieves, they are always trying to steal second or third base.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:40 AM
Experiencer
Following Jesus is what it means to be a Christian, although I don't really care for the label, as it means so many things to so many people, and has been tainted especially in the West. But, to me, Christianity is about following Jesus, simply taking up our cross, denying ourselves, and following Him. Not self seeking, but rather seeking to be more selfless, like Jesus. That's my cliff notes version.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidre
Following Jesus is what it means to be a Christian, although I don't really care for the label, as it means so many things to so many people, and has been tainted especially in the West. But, to me, Christianity is about following Jesus, simply taking up our cross, denying ourselves, and following Him. Not self seeking, but rather seeking to be more selfless, like Jesus. That's my cliff notes version.

NICE COMMENTS!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 02-09-2020, 11:15 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidre

Agreed, but then of course we can ask (if we wanted to) what does it mean to follow Jesus. I expect if we ask any given Christian if they follow Jesus, the answer will be "of course I do" or "I try to", if they are being honest. Yet though they are all trying to follow Jesus, they seem to be going in many different directions. Personally, I expect that the descriptions of Jesus written by others are vague and varied enough that everybody has their own idea of what Jesus looks like and is following that. Paradoxically, then two Jesus followers going in opposite directions will often run into each other head on and then start fighting about who is properly following the true prince of peace, and who is the heretic.

Old 03-09-2020, 11:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Agreed, but then of course we can ask (if we wanted to) what does it mean to follow Jesus. I expect if we ask any given Christian if they follow Jesus, the answer will be "of course I do" or "I try to", if they are being honest. Yet though they are all trying to follow Jesus, they seem to be going in many different directions. Personally, I expect that the descriptions of Jesus written by others are vague and varied enough that everybody has their own idea of what Jesus looks like and is following that. Paradoxically, then two Jesus followers going in opposite directions will often run into each other head on and then start fighting about who is properly following the true prince of peace, and who is the heretic.

Deidre says follow your heart i think i might have to steal that i think that sums up following Jesus in a few words. It's better to go slowly and get there in the end then if anyone says your a heretic just say your going very slowly but will get there in the end
Old 03-09-2020, 12:33 PM
Master
For many people Christianity means hope. It is a sign that God cares for us and is willing to help us. In this forlorn world that means a lot.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.