Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old Today, 10:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I stumbled upon this phenomenon during my near death experience when, for example, I could see my brother and sister in the hallway and could accurately describe what they were wearing even though they never entered the room.
I stumbled upon this phenomenon when I was a child, being beaten so badly that my mind 'snapped' and I stood literally outside myself. Strangely enough everything was so sharper and more clear. NDE's seem to be accompanied by the 'collapse' of the ego into the self, as is what happens when the person suffers severe emotional trauma. Being close to death would do the trick.

Which has just brought a conundrum to mind. Our ego is the centre of our field of consciousness and our experiences are relative to that. So, in the case of your NDE and my experiences, if our consciousnesses did indeed 'collapse onto our selfs' we should not have been conscious. If our consciousnesses had 'collapsed' what were we 'conscious' of?

There's one particular Youtube that always makes me collapse into an emotional mess. One day I felt the need to play it because I felt the presence of those I associate the song with and I was sitting in tears. Mrs G was upstairs doing her wifey-stuff when she came running down the stairs in a panic, she had sensed my emotions. She doesn't react so much now.

In a lucid dream, isn't the dreamer still the dream that thinks it is the dreamer?
Old Today, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
that is a nice description, the question is, how do you use that as a basis for action, e.g. how do you get that description to apply without creating the very distance you are trying to describe out of the picture?
It doesn't arise out of the picture, it arises out of your awareness. The picture itself doesn't exist and therefore nothing in the picture exists, consciousness itself exists and the picture - and everything in it - is a representation of consciousness. For many consciousness is a thing, but out of objects comes objects.

What colour is consciousness? How wide is it, how deep, what shape? But before you come up with an answer stop yourself. The mind creates those 'objects', that's how the mind was 'designed' and while that has a valid application on how we navigate this reality there is more. What's beyond the mind?

How does your consciousness know itself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dvh4h6D69o
Old Today, 11:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
With respect Dazza, this post is based on what you think a dream is. .

Just as your posts and their posts reflect what they believe a dream to be also .

What is however a 100% fact is that no one would have a reference to what a dream refers too if they haven't had a dream that reflects what I refer it to being .

If peeps want to refer the reality lived to a dream that isn't what is referred to as a night time dream then that is totally up to the individual but anything that doesn't reflect a reality that is of the night time dream isn't realised to be that reality .

It doesn't matter if it is in essence deriving from spirituality or psychology or whatever word suits . Everything stems from a common experience had that is of the night time dream, otherwise no one would even know what a dream referred to would they . No. one would even be able to come out with so called concepts about reality at all in this instance .

x daz x
Old Today, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
lol no.

There is no elephant. When you wake up to the reality that it is all a dream, you wont wake up from the dream except into another dream, and another, to infinity, and for all eternity, with infinite different varrying frequencies. You will realise that everything in existence/creation is a dream. Every experience of consciousness is a dream. It is vibrational..

You are quite welcome to answer my question put to Still Waters for sure, and my question still stands for you to answer . You see, if you or anyone has a premise of the dreamer in reflection of the objects dreamt then it has to be explained in context in order to understand it . From the very off one requires a comparison for what is not a dream in reflection of what you are that is the dreamer .

Do you understand what I mean?

You can't have a premise of the world being a dream for example and there are dreams within the dream to infinity if you don't know or have realised the opposite .

This is if anything common sense, it's like saying the world is just full of fat humans without knowing anything different .

You have to know the difference in order to say what you say.

From this point one will then have a foundation to build upon. Then one can relate to what awakens within a dream and if what awakens can actually awaken at all, if what is perceived is also the dreamer without separation .

x daz x