Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 01-05-2022, 12:07 AM
Master

Indiana jones and symbology

I found that one of the indiana jones movies had a lot of esoteric symbology.

Basically, there was a search for that chalice thing (holy grail) that is supposed to give you eternal life if you drink out of it. Apparently, it was the chalice Jesus drank out of.

To get to the chalice you first had to kneel humbly before god, so you wouldn't get your head chopped off. Then you had to spell the name of god correctly, so you wouldn't fall into a fiery pit. Then you had to take a leap of faith and jump from the lions head into a chasm, and be caught, and finally you could cross the chasm into the chamber with the chalice. Only there are a lot of chalices and you have to choose the correct one: making a good choice lets you drink of the waters of eternal life. Make a bad choice and you shrivel up and die.

Of course the bad guys greedily push people to the side and choose a chalice, but they make the wrong choice and that is the end of them. After some deliberation, Indiana makes the good choice and drinks from the chalice. Only to find, you can't take the chalice out past the outer seal... if you try the earth opens up and swallows you...
--------------------------------------------------------------
I find those statements just oh so rich in meaning...
Old 01-05-2022, 07:37 AM
Master
Geez I might start wearing one of our Indiana Jones hats from my work.

Sounds like sooo much fun. Haha

I best not take the hat pass the front door though, The footpath might swallow me up.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:20 PM
Master

hehehe!

i think, that is all very much fun I guess, but I have absolutely no desire to seek the holy grail anyway! Let alone try to give it to others... Eternal life doesn't sound all that fun if it is just going to be more running around chasing after stuff I don't want anyway!
Old 02-05-2022, 11:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
hehehe!

i think, that is all very much fun I guess, but I have absolutely no desire to seek the holy grail anyway! Let alone try to give it to others... Eternal life doesn't sound all that fun if it is just going to be more running around chasing after stuff I don't want anyway!

You can always change the channel this time, next time, it’s the right time...and chase what you want..”smiles”
Old 02-05-2022, 08:18 PM
Master

that might be ok, if I could convince myself I could actually catch something lol!