Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 14-10-2021, 04:38 PM
Master
Solving missing persons cold cases with a pendulum

As an avowed car guy, I recently started watching a TV series of missing persons cases involving cars that have never been solved.

I'm very good with a pendulum and have started I've wondering if I could find some answers asking my pendulum some pointed questions.

The first I will attempt is the cases of Thomas Anthony Nuzzi who was a travelling nurse in Alaska.

He disappeared outside of Anchorage AK under very mysterious circumstances in 2001 and has never been found.

An excerpt from police files:

Out of all the cases on our list, the case of Thomas Nuzzi is definitely the eeriest. A traveling nurse, Nuzzi was well-versed in the state. He kept no permanent residence, opting instead to stay in hotels. The only rent he paid was for a storage unit in Anchorage. He was described as a dutiful worker. So when he didn’t show up for his flight to Bethel on June 19th, 2001, his coworkers knew something was wrong.

A few days of searching discovered his Jeep Cherokee, keys in the ignition, abandoned in a parking lot outside of Anchorage. No sign of Thomas remained. A friend, Mr. Guernsey, knew that Nuzzi had stayed at a Super 8 Motel. When he called his friend’s room, a man, who Guernsey stated sounded nothing like Nuzzi, answered the phone. The man passed it to a woman, who said Thomas had checked out.

Stranger still, the housekeeper told Nuzzi’s nephew, Stephen Reeves, that, after she knocked on Nuzzi’s door, that a young woman answered. Behind her, a man laid on the floor. The woman closed the door, and the housekeeper returned a few hours later. She opened the door to a man sitting on the bed. He told her to leave. Later that night, a couple across the street reported seeing that same couple breaking into Nuzzi’s Jeep.

Reeves also found a gas station receipt from the night Nuzzi presumably disappeared. He went to the station, and the manager let them watch the security tapes from that night. On them, Thomas, accompanied by a thin, dark-haired woman, buys chips, soda, two lighters, and a pack of cigarettes. (Nuzzi was NOT a smoker) Hotel staff later described the woman’s companion as tall, dark-skinned with rotting teeth. Thomas Nuzzi and the couple haven’t been seen since.

Coincidentally...when police searched his Jeep after it was found an empty holster and an opened box of Corbon +P ammunition for a 39 Special was found under the seat

Questions for my pendulum

1) Is Thomas Anthony Nuzzi alive?.,....................................NO
2) Was Thomas Anthony Nuzzi murdered?............................NO
3) Did Thomas Anthony Nuzzi die of natural causes?..............NO

Feeling stumped and After comptemplating the answers my pendulum was giving this for a bit and getting a feel for how it was swinging as often the energy of the swing and how fast it settles down in one direction can give subtle meaning to the answer I got a weird feeling and this popped into my head

4) Did Thomas Anthony Nuzzi deliberately abandon his vehicle and go somewhere and commit suicide?........................YES!!!!!

So my answer through my pendulum is that Nuzzi killed himself. And having hunted the backwoods areas of Alaska a few times Its not unlikely that his remains will never be found as its just that sparsely populated and that desolate.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 14-10-2021, 07:52 PM
Administrator
Interesting keep on doing it and see what else you get. you could try with a case that you already know about and see the difference.

Namaste
Old 15-10-2021, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Interesting keep on doing it and see what else you get. you could try with a case that you already know about and see the difference.

Namaste

That's a great idea!

Now why can't I think of a disappearance that the outcome is known to test that idea on??? There's gotta be a ton of them!

Old 23-10-2021, 04:09 PM
Master
You might want to bring out a deck of cards.
Shuffle the deck and put the cards face down on a table.

Using your pendulum, ask what color is the top card.
If it is red, put the card in the red card pile.
Do the same thing if the card is black. Black cards
go to the black card pile.

When done, see how many you got right.

If there are 6 red cards in the red card pile, that means you were right 6 times out of 26. That is almost a 24% accuracy rate!

If you had split the deck into an even piles at the beginning, you can expect to get about a 50% accuracy rate.

Don't be discouraged if your accuracy rate is extremely low. Over time, your accuracy rate will improve. Just do not be discouraged.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 02-11-2021, 04:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You might want to bring out a deck of cards.
Shuffle the deck and put the cards face down on a table.

Using your pendulum, ask what color is the top card.
If it is red, put the card in the red card pile.
Do the same thing if the card is black. Black cards
go to the black card pile.

When done, see how many you got right.

If there are 6 red cards in the red card pile, that means you were right 6 times out of 26. That is almost a 24% accuracy rate!

If you had split the deck into an even piles at the beginning, you can expect to get about a 50% accuracy rate.

Don't be discouraged if your accuracy rate is extremely low. Over time, your accuracy rate will improve. Just do not be discouraged.

Big John I thought this was a great idea and tried it....with some odd results!

I got out a card deck (red & black cards)......got all warmed up and ready with my pendulum....

Got into my "position" with my best and seemingly most accurate pendulum, and asked.....is the top card in this pile red???

As I concentrated and watched movement develop......first left....then right....then diagonal.....then in a circle.......constantly changing....

I stopped..... put down the pendulum. Stood up and did my arms around in circles to loosen up.

Sat back down, got into position again and concentrated on my question.

With the same results!!!

From past experience I knew immediately what what was going on.

I picked up the pendulum and got back into position and said "you're not going to work with me on stupid card tricks are you????

BIG NO SWING!!!!

Bottom line, this thing wants serious questions only and will screw with you if you try to game it!!!!

And I've gotta say...its proven remarkable accurate when it comes to serious questions....

Old 02-11-2021, 05:00 PM
Master
The unsolved murder of oil heiress Georgette Bauerdorf who was raped and murdered her West Hollywood apt in Oct 1944

Young American socialite Georgette Bauerdorf seemingly had everything to live for. On 12 October 1944, someone brutally took that life away from her. Over seventy years on and the case remains unsolved. Here are the details of the tragic murder and the ensuing investigation.

In August 1944, Moved from Bronx New York to West Hollywood CA. From this point until her death Georgette would now live alone in the El Palacio Apartment compex in West Hollywood.

Georgette worked briefly as a reporter for a local newspaper. This didn’t last long and soon after Bauerdorf became a volunteer, as a junior hostess, at the Hollywood Canteen. Georgette’s duties included entertaining and dancing with soldiers.

From August 1944 to her death in October 1944 During this time Georgette was exceptionally kind to servicemen returning from the war.

Bauerdorf would often take them for meals, drinks, nights out, give them money and even let them spend the night in her home.

Georgette was so kind and trusting towards the soldiers that she gave several of the servicemen keys to the apartment.

Although almost unthinkable in the current day there is nothing to suggest that this was anything but a totally innocent act of kindness from Georgette. The ’40s were a different time, with people far more trusting and less sexually promiscuous. Soldiers were also held in far higher regard and would’ve been trusted greatly.

Also with it being during the Second World War, there was a heightened sense of patriotism. With that said neighbors of Georgette had started to take note of the number of servicemen spending the night.

On October 11, 1944, Georgette spent most of the day with her father’s secretary Rose Gilbert. They spent there time shopping and had lunch before visiting a beauty parlour. During the pairs time together Georgette also cashed a check for the sum of $175. From the money obtained Georgette purchased a plane ticket to El Paso.

Georgette had arranged to meet a soldier in El Paso. She had previously met him in July during her time at the Hollywood Canteen. The couple had since exchanged phone calls and letters with one another.

Not Her Usual Self.

Later that same evening Georgette attended the Hollywood Canteen to once again volunteer. Her friend June Ziegler said Georgette wasn’t herself when she arrived and seemed anxious and nervous.

Georgette asked June if she would spend the night with her at her apartment as she was nervous. June just assumed Georgette was talking about the flight to El Paso the next day and so made her excuses not to stay.

Georgette spent the next three or so hours completing her duties in the Canteen, chatting and dancing with soldiers. During the course of her night, one soldier was reported to have caused Georgette repeated problems.
The soldier in question was said to have spent the night forcefully cutting in on Georgette whilst she was dancing with other servicemen. The soldier kept insisting Georgette danced with him.

According to June, Georgette didn’t like the man or his attitude. However, Georgette danced with the soldier as to not cause any trouble.

Georgette left the Hollywood Canteen and drove home sometime between 10:30 pm and 11:30 pm. Along the way Georgette saw a hitchhiking soldier and decided to give him a ride.

The soldier, Sgt. Gordon Aadland, later said that Georgette had told him about her plans to visit her boyfriend in Texas the next day. Aadland said she seemed excited by the prospect and had to get home quickly as she was expecting a call from him.

Georgette dropped off Sgt. Aadland on Sunset Boulevard and drove away. Interestingly, Sgt. Aadland said Georgette headed towards the Hollywood Hills, the opposite direction to her apartment.

Georgette Bauerdorf was never again seen alive.

During the early hours of Oct 12, the janitor Fred Atwood was awoken. Atwood heard a woman’s heels walking on the kitchen floor above his own apartment and then a loud crashing sound. Atwood assumed it was something like a tray been dropped and so returned to his slumber.

Another neighbor gave an account of an incident he had heard during the night, but this one was much more sinister. The neighbour heard a scream and then the following cry:

“STOP, STOP, YOU’RE KILLING ME!”

Suddenly the cries stopped. Amazingly, and perhaps a sign of how the times were different to nowadays, the man put it down to an argument between a couple and went back to sleep without any further investigation.

Shortly after 11 am on the 12th of October, 1944, married janitor and housekeeper couple Fred and Lulu Atwood were going about there duties in the El Palacio Apartments. After finishing cleaning one apartment the pair crossed the corridor to clean the adjacent two story apartment. Fred and Lulu went through the half-open door to carry on their duties. Upon doing so the pair heard dripping water coming from the upstairs.

Lulu went to investigate the bathroom upstairs. It was here, she discovered the half-naked body of 20 year old Georgette Bauerdorf.

When Fred and Lulu discovered the body of Georgette Bauerdorf on October 12, the victim was floating face down in the bathtub. Georgette still had on her pink pyjama top but her bottom half was naked. The bath was overflowing with hot, bloody water as the tap was still running.

Pathologist Frank Webb determined the cause of death as strangulation. This was caused by a piece of fabric been jammed down Georgette’s throat. Webb also stated that Bauerdorf had been raped before she was killed.

There was bruising on the right side of her abdomen and face likely caused by strong blows from a fist. Grip marks were also present on Georgette’s lips, face, thighs and abdomen. Webb noted that the grip marks left by the hands were almost ape-like.

On Bauerdorf’s right thigh a hand had left a bruised imprint, from which the killer’s fingernails had pierced the skin. Georgette also had bruises and abrasions on her hands, most likely from her attempts to fight off her vile attacker.

THE INVESTIGATION

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department began there investigation and quickly noticed an automatic night light outside Georgette Bauerdorf’s door wasn’t working. Upon further investigation it was discovered the light had been tampered with.

Someone had loosened the bulb, enough to stop it working but that it would also look fine unless inspected closely. Police believed there was a chance this was done to stop Georgette seeing, or at least identifying them. Officers managed to lift a fingerprint from the bulb however no suspect was ever linked to it.

Further, the police found that the killer had remained in her apartment for a time, sat and smoked cigarettes' as these were found in a bowl next to a chair (Georgette was not a smoker)

The Car
Investigators also found that the vehicle Georgette Bauerdorf had been driving had been taken. The 1936 Oldsmobile coupe, registered to her sister Connie, was found abandoned around 10 miles away on East 25th St. It is believed this was due to the car running out of petrol rather than being a specific location of interest to the individual who took the vehicle.

When the car was located it was noted that damage had been caused to the 1936 Oldsmobile. There was a scrape and dent on the front left fender and damage to the grille on the front of the vehicle. Unfortunately, police were unable to determine whether the damage was recent and caused by the killer or if it was already there. Much like the fingerprint found on the lightbulb, the car also failed to lead the police to a suspect.

A bandage used to strangle Georgette Bauerdorf.

Detectives looked at whether the murder weapon could give them a lead. They discovered the fabric was a type of bandage called crepe tetra, used for injuries such as sprains and strains. Further investigation found that the bandage came from a 10-inch roll.

Police discovered that rolls of this size had not been sold in the US for the last 22 years and had to be imported from England or France. Yet again, as was the case with the light bulb and the car, the bandage didn’t lead to any suspects.
Detectives quickly ruled out a robbery gone wrong. Georgette’s money from her purse had been taken, yet, despite been in plain sight other money and expensive items were left behind.

Police instead worked on the theory that someone had entered the apartment using a key and killed Georgette Bauerdorf whilst she was getting ready for bed.

Investigators interviewed over a 100 individuals about the murder of Georgette Bauerdorf, many were visitors of the Hollywood Canteen. Unfortunately for the police the canteen didn’t keep records of visitors so it was almost impossible to trace everyone Bauerdorf may have had dealings with. However, they did trace one man of particular interest.

The Dancing Soldier
Detectives discovered the name of the soldier who, on the night of Georgette’s murder, had continuously interupted her dances with other soldiers and insist she dance with him. His name was Cosmo Volpe.

Volpe admitted to officers that he had danced with Georgette Bauerdorf that night. He refuted any claims that he had annoyed or upset Georgette and in fact said Bauerdorf was vivacious and happy.

Cosmo Volpe stated they danced three or four times throughout the evening before he left with Sgt. James Driscoll to return to his barracks. Volpe stated they hitchhiked back and arrived no later than 11:30 pm. After checks were made by the police it appears they were satisfied with his alibi and that he wasn’t involved in the murder of Georgette Bauerdorf.

The El Paso Soldier

Detectives also investigated the soldier who Bauerdorf had arranged to meet in El Paso. They learned the soldier was Private Jerome Brown, who was stationed at Fort Bliss near El Paso.

Brown told the investigators that he had met Bauerdorf in the June of that year at the Hollywood Canteen. Since then he admitted to having exchanged letters and phone calls with the sadly deceased. Brown handed officers half a dozen letters which he had been sent by Bauerdorf .

Private Jerome Brown was able to prove fairly quickly that he had been in Texas at the time of the murder. With an ironclad alibi, police ruled out Brown as a suspect.

Known Killers

A short time after the murder of Georgette Bauerdorf, police in San Diego jailed a man when he murdered a 65-year-old woman by forcing a towel down her throat. 20-year-old Robert George Pollock White, the man responsible, admitted to been in LA at the time of Georgette’s murder but denied he was the killer. Police could find nothing to link White with Bauerdorf.

Known Killer Otto Steven Wilson was questioned about Georgette’s murder.
Another known killer was also briefly questioned about the murder of Georgette Bauerdorf. Otto Steven Wilson admitted to hacking to death two women just hours apart at two separate hotels in downtown LA. As with White, police found nothing to link Wilson with the murder.

A CONFESSION MADE AND A LETTER FROM THE KILLER?
The Confession
A couple of month after the murder, in the December of 1944, John Lehman Sumter walked into the FBI offices in San Francisco and confessed to the murder of Georgette Bauerdorf.

Sumter told detectives he had met Bauerdorf on a street car and she had asked him if he would like to spend the night at her home. The potential killer told police another soldier had visited whilst he was there but once the soldier left he killed Bauerdorf.

Police where doubtful that Sumter was their man.

Several parts of his story made little sense to police and didn’t match things they knew. Eventually, Sumter came clean and admitted he had fabricated his story.

Sumter told police he lied because he couldn’t bring himself to commit suicide and so thought the electric chair would be the answer.

The Letter
Almost a year after the murder, in September 1945, a letter was printed in the Los Angeles Examiner supposedly written by Georgette’s killer and threatening to repeat his previous atrocity. The letter read:

To the Los Angeles Police

Almost a year ago Georgette Bauerdorf, age 20, Hollywood Canteen hostess was murdered in her apartment in West Hollywood

Between now and Oct. 11–a year after her death–the one who murdered her will appear at the Hollywood Canteen. The murderer will be in uniform. He has since he committed the murder been in action at Okinawa. The murder of Georgette Bauerdorf was divine retribution-

Plenty of true crime authors since have protested that the letter was genuinely from the killer. However, investigators at the time were relatively confident the letter was a hoax and the work of a prankster.

To me it is likely that Georgette was unfortunately killed due to her own trusting nature, patriotism and, some would say, naivety.

It’s well known Georgette allowed young servicemen that she didn’t really know too well to stay in her home. So it is not beyond the realms of possibility that she picked up another hitchhiker that night and took him home with her in an act of kindness and compassion.

I then think what may have happened is after Georgette went to bed the serviceman decided he wanted to take things further than sleeping downstairs. When Georgette refused the mans advances he then proceeded to rape Georgette, during which the perpetrator rammed the cloth down her throat to stop her screams thus killing Georgette.

Of course, this is just a theory, the one I find most likely. It doesn’t answer where the cloth came from or explain the light bulb outside her door. There are also a dozen other theories that are just as plausible.

So questions for my pendulum.

Was Georgette killed by a military serviceman........................................ ........................Yes

Was Georgette killed by the annoying serviceman at her job Cosmo Volpe............................No

Was Georgette killed by the hitchhiker she picked up after she left work, Gordon Aadland......No

Was Georgette killed by Jerome Brown (boy friend in El Paso)............................................N o

Was Georgette killed by the unknown person who wrote a confession letter to the Los Angeles Examiner............Inconclusive ( Very odd motions from my pendulum on this one)

Tried the above question again a little later and got NO.

And last: Did Georgette's killer mean to kill her or just rape her (was her death accidental)..........Yes (her death was accidental)

Guy's....this one bothers me a lot and I can't quit thinking about it and believe there are other questions I should be asking but have not thought of yet.

Old 06-01-2022, 08:55 PM
Master
There is a little girl named Harmony Montgomery in the news the last couple of days who has been missing for two years but just now reported to the authorities.....

I asked about her....and my pendulum says she was murdered and is dead!

Very sad story this little girl..........

Old 10-01-2023, 03:34 PM
Master
Ana Walshe.....She disappeared New Years day under strange circumstances.

Now her husband (who has crazy eyes and looks like a weirdo!) has been arrested for misleading police investigators.

The husband bought $450 worth of cleaning supplies at Home Depot and a broken knife with blood on it was found in there basement and police found a "search" on his computer for "how to dispose of a female body that weighs 115lbs.

My first thought given what we already know was that of course the husband killed her!

But what does my pendulum say???

First question....is she simply missing....or is she dead. Answer. She is dead.

Second question: Did Ana Walshe's husband kill her? Answer.....yes!!!

I've got a lot of practice at this and work hard to clear my mind and not let in preferences or prejudice's color my reading.....and several readings all gave the same answer.

What a terrible story.....such a beautiful and successful young woman with three beautiful little boys and with what is likely to happen to the husband, i can't help but wonder where those little boys will end up.