Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-03-2021, 08:08 PM
Experiencer

Are our parents our soul friend?

I just wanted to know, one of the most beautiful expression of love, divinity is our relationship, bonding with our parents.

One of the most saddest parts is when unfortunately we all have to pass over, sometimes we just want a few more years for them.

But what happens in spiritual terms?

Of course, I may have had different parents in different lives.

But it feels we only have want one mother and father.

Is our parents our soul friend, will we see them in spirit when we all pass over?
Old 30-03-2021, 09:25 PM
Master

If we are fortunate then we have a close and loving relationship with our parents. For many people this is not the case.

Although we got on well, I was actually pleased when my parents died. They had reached a good age, they did not suffer much (both passed after short illnesses), and they still had all their faculties. Their time had come, and there are far worse ways to go. I would not have wanted to prolong their lives.

Often our parents are members of our own soul group and we incarnate in all sorts of permutations with such members. So in other incarnations, we might actually have been the mother or father of our current parents. It all provides an environment for learning.

It is equally possible that we incarnate into families we have little previous connection with, perhaps because they can provide us with a particular upbringing which is necessary for our growth.

By all accounts we can reconnect with our parents when we too have died to this physical plane, presuming they have not since reincarnated. But there comes a point where we let of of the parent-child relationship and recognise that we are all souls on the same journey.

Peace
Old 30-03-2021, 10:04 PM
Lorelyen

My birth parents were not my "spiritual" parents at all. I haven't seen them in years.
Old 30-03-2021, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
My birth parents were not my "spiritual" parents at all. I haven't seen them in years.

Life is where love resides . Go with the love/the feel of things, love is all that matters. Praises
Old 31-03-2021, 01:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff779
I just wanted to know, one of the most beautiful expression of love, divinity is our relationship, bonding with our parents.

One of the most saddest parts is when unfortunately we all have to pass over, sometimes we just want a few more years for them.

Is our parents our soul friend, will we see them in spirit when we all pass over?

If you feel very close to your parents, you likely are at least from the same group, or had more than one life together, but this is not a guaranty.
Roles almost always change from life time to life time. Father mother, brother, uncle, friend, villain and so on.
This goes for those who are here in lesson.
Old 31-03-2021, 01:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff779

I believe that when you die you wake up to a different you than the one you know to be now. It feels like waking up from a dream. Most likely, you won't be much smarter, or much more different as personality than you are now different from the personalities you experience during your dreams.

Over there there aren't the same relationships you have now. You won't feel regrets, because you won't care more than you care about what you did in your dreams here.

The personality you experience now won't die, but will be shelved. Think about you when you were a kid, or in school, or any other past period of your life: those aren't dead, but aren't your primary focus anymore. You aren't those personalities anymore. The friends and the relationships you had in each one of those periods are frozen in those times.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-03-2021, 08:08 PM
Experiencer

Thank you everyone for your insights and comments.

Yes I have experienced problems with my father and its probably he doesn't want me to let go in a loneliness sense and he is angry with the life that happened for him but deep down he probably doesn't mean it. He's scared for the future perhaps.

But you will be pleased that things are getting better.

But most of my life it has been good and there has been genuine love. He has had a hard life and I did try to make him happy.

I do have compassion for him and I do feel its a strong bond.

Its hard, its like I wish he is at least a friend in the spiritual world.

Every night I think nostalgically back at the good times, I remember watching police academy and both of us laughing back in the 90s, watching movies in my old house on a Sunday, the way we went every Saturday to the shopping centre. I remember watching sports matches.

I do have good dreams of him at times. One dream months which was very strong. The dream he was driving with me on the passenger seat on the motorway and its was very love feeling like the feeling on a parent, child, like happiness, the warmth, nice feeling like the happy times. It was intense in a loving, warmth way.
Old 31-03-2021, 10:47 PM
Pathfinder

I didn't meet my dad until I was 16, and it when I did, it always felt like we'd known each other for a long, long time and like we were brothers, not father and son.

I started reading this book Many Lives, Many Masters, and it talks people in soul groups incarnating together over and over again with different roles.