Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 29-06-2021, 09:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Everything has energy and you can feel it when you touch it.
Everything is energy indeed, and everything has an energy-field, but you are talking about actual psychometry, - no?

I can imagine psychometry, but not do it myself.
I just sense/intuit or feel energy-fields or see them (if they do stand out), using space (inner & outer) as a ‘medium’. So I do not know how psychometry works.

Care to elaborate Native spirit?
Well, you don’t have to, only if you want to.

Old 30-06-2021, 03:24 AM
ImthatIm

A few words from John (Fire ) Lame Deer about Yuwipi.

Quote:
I have heard that in all the prehistoric caves the world over one finds painted pebbles used in religious rites.
White people have forgotten this and have lost the power which is in the rocks.

In a Yuwipi ceremony the spirits and the lights dwell in the stones.The bright spark which you see in the dark,
that light is inyan- the round pebble.It controls our mother,the earth.
It has the power.

As far as why Non Natives steal from or attend Native ceremony?
I don't know as it is a pretty broad question.
One word does come up when thinking on it. Authentic.
So I take that to mean that there may be the desire for something authentic that has been lost.
It seems easier to imitate than to seek your own authentic nature.
Also it seems easier to steal than know your own authentic place in the world.
I can not speak for someone else, I can only speculate.

A song from Lyla June Johnston,Called Mamwlad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeGLDwfrvb8
Old 30-06-2021, 09:46 AM
Administrator
I would have to agree with that Imthatim

@sentient Everything has Energy from a leaf to bigger things. i am a medium and i can see something that is Authentic to something that is fake.
as a reference i went with a friend to a crystal workshop.
The woman handed out a few crystals and asked if we could feel the Energy coming from them.
She asked me i said its fake she asked how i knew i said this is plastic so i told her to hold her hands out,
i put the fake crystal in one hand and a genuine one in the other she said the genuine had an Energy around it the fake did not

Namaste
Old 30-06-2021, 08:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
A few words from John (Fire ) Lame Deer about Yuwipi.
I have heard that in all the prehistoric caves the world over one finds painted pebbles used in religious rites.
White people have forgotten this and have lost the power which is in the rocks.

In a Yuwipi ceremony the spirits and the lights dwell in the stones.The bright spark which you see in the dark,
that light is inyan- the round pebble.It controls our mother,the earth.
It has the power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
so i told her to hold her hands out,
i put the fake crystal in one hand and a genuine one in the other she said the genuine had an Energy around it the fake did not
I “listen” to the "singing" of rock formations and boulders because of their sometimes very strong presence …
https://www.heili.fi/media/k2/items/...f0600b83_L.jpg

And they like “story rocks” can take you back in time, giving visions … or they “call” you, and you find them physically or you just find yourself beside that rock by going into a spontaneous ‘shamanic journey’ … (this happened recently & didn’t even know until after, that it is a major “Dreaming” site of my area).

But pebbles, crystals??? I do not know.
I do have a few crystals – don’t know what to do with them.
Tried to get a differing feeling out of them by holding them. I think they are all genuine.

The only thing I felt, was as if a raw aquamarine “chose me” – others did not.
That aquamarine felt like an old glove, we know each other well, in total ease we harmonize or resonate ….
If that means anything ... do not know …

Old 01-07-2021, 08:56 PM
Master
Native spirit … concerning crystals …

I guess one just needs to play with this ‘psychometry’ thing until one gets a feel of it.

Found 2 more crystals; - a rose quartz and a ball of an amethyst crystal (a part of a necklace).

Being totally neutral, the rose quartz also seemed to have taken ‘liking to me’, but it was as energetic as a limp dish cloth.
The amethyst ball did pack a punch energy wise - it has a ‘zing’ to it - and it wasn’t disagreeable, but perhaps ’impersonal’ (higher vibration) is the word, and I guess that was because the amethyst ball is a good quality crystal whereas the rose quartz I have perhaps isn’t.

So, determining the natural vibration ‘energy signatures’ of the different crystals, it seems important the quality of the crystal is there.

I am just feeling in the dark here …

Old 01-07-2021, 10:33 PM
Master
Quote:
This is total news to me.
I thought they spread with the agricultural expansion from Near East, when people wanted to ‘prove’ by painted stones their personal ownership to the land – the early hunter-gatherers did not do nor have.

Quote:
Genetics
In a genetic study published in 2014, the remains of an Azilian male from the Grotte du Bichon were examined. He was found to be carrying the paternal haplogroup I2 and the maternal haplogroup U5b1h.
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Azilian
As far as I know I2 is related to megaliths like Stonehenge and the agriculturalist newcomers.
But perhaps I am mistaken?

About ceremonies etc …

When the Aboriginal group I integrated into started to gain their language back and started to have their language lessons, I was invited as a tribal member to participate (bless their hearts), but I did not go, I preferred to learn the lingo second hand, through our shared ordinary conversations.

Even though I had “seen” the song-line by my residence in Central Australia prior to moving there and the custodian there gave me that Totem (skin group of it) and an Elder in his generosity was willing to take me to the cave this “Dreamtime Ancestor” is – I did not go there, because THE CAVE ITSELF had NOT ‘invited’ me.

Now with this latest.
I am somewhat in tune with the “Dreaming” of this area. First the Animal. Then the Rock it went to in my “Shamanic Journey’.
Now IF they had a Ceremony on that Rock & I was invited – I would go.

Firstly, they are the ‘Mob’ I am committed to and it is unconditional. (But because of the death of my partner I went away, plus I had my own heritage to get into and sort out in the meantime).

Secondly, THE ROCK ITSELF had ‘called’ - ‘invited’ me there, i.e., the ‘connection’ had been established. So, I would be relating to my own connection – not seeking to gain from the connection of ‘some others’.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:45 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
This is total news to me.
I thought they spread with the agricultural expansion from Near East, when people wanted to ‘prove’ by painted stones their personal ownership to the land – the early hunter-gatherers did not do nor have.

Yep, news to me too.
That info came from the book Lame Deer Seeker of Visions.
John (Fire) Lame Deer and Richard Erdoes.

A nice vivid story of a Yuwipi ceremony.
https://www.indianz.com/News/2011/000842.asp
There is a nice link at the bottom of this link also, just below related stories.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
A nice vivid story of a Yuwipi ceremony.
https://www.indianz.com/News/2011/000842.asp
There is a nice link at the bottom of this link also, just below related stories.
The Yuwipi Ceremony sounds fantastic – mind blowing …
Who wouldn’t want to attend and witness it!?

I’m still trying to make my subconscious conscious about why I shy away from ceremonies. And I figure, it really is, that if I haven’t been ‘invited other-dimensionally’ first, better I won’t go - no matter how boring or mundane my own lane seems to be in comparison to exotic others.

I think often “natives” have been too open hearted and generous extending their invitations to “non-natives”, who haven’t been brought there by their own guidance and hence expect ‘gain’ and not a lesson from Spirit.

There also was a chickadee story
Oh, how when the sun comes out and the snows start to melt, the chickadees start to sing their little hearts out:
https://www.indianz.com/News/2020/04...as-been-vi.asp

Old 02-07-2021, 10:47 PM
Master
When I was a child, I remember how these two Siberian Shamen had been invited to our neck of the woods to explain a Sacred Site, some people still remembered/knew – others had forgotten.

So, they did come – explained the ins and outs of the Site and its practices, but they did not walk into the Site - instead, out of respect, they stayed on the outer periphery of it as if behind an invisible electric fence, because the Site wasn’t theirs (even though they were our culture and language relatives).

I suppose had the Site itself pulled/invited them first – then they would have just sat back and watched the “Spirit Design” come together (manifest) with the anthropologists etc. invitations and the travel expenses etc. And I assume, then they would have walked in ….

So I guess my point is, because we are all authentic manifestations/parts of Totality or "God's Creation" by simply existing, if one's own lane guidance leads to Amerind Ceremonies, then good will come out of it ...

Old 04-07-2021, 10:20 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
The Yuwipi Ceremony sounds fantastic – mind blowing …
Who wouldn’t want to attend and witness it!?

I’m still trying to make my subconscious conscious about why I shy away from ceremonies. And I figure, it really is, that if I haven’t been ‘invited other-dimensionally’ first, better I won’t go - no matter how boring or mundane my own lane seems to be in comparison to exotic others.

Exotic and mundane?
I never thought about things in those terms.I love the mundane and the simplicity of life.I like finding the Sacredness and connectedness in everyday living.
I may never wittness another Yuwipi or Lowampi again and that is alright, I do cherish the times with the people who have crossed over.

Quote:
I think often “natives” have been too open hearted and generous extending their invitations to “non-natives”, who haven’t been brought there by their own guidance and hence expect ‘gain’ and not a lesson from Spirit.

I can't really speak to what people should or shouldn't be.
Though I do think that with core teachings that revolve around Love and Connectedness and respect and compassion, how can I speak against Love and Connectedness,respect and compassion?
Are problems going to arise? Sure, like with anything.

Quote:
There also was a chickadee story
Oh, how when the sun comes out and the snows start to melt, the chickadees start to sing their little hearts out:
https://www.indianz.com/News/2020/04...as-been-vi.asp

Nice article.Loved this bit at the end.
Quote:
And remember. We are a part of creation, but only a part of it. Everything in the natural world is trying to tell us something. We need to listen to those messages to find our way back.