Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-01-2022, 06:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Getting started

Hello im new so how do i get started in spirituality (sometimes i hear vibrations next to my ear) what does it mean?
Old 28-01-2022, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skander
Hello im new so how do i get started in spirituality (sometimes i hear vibrations next to my ear) what does it mean?
I'm thinking that is a bit vague...can you offer some more info?
What are you feeling in your heart?
Are you looking for anything more specific?
Do you have any other questions that run deeper than hearing vibrations;
in other words so we can get more of a handle? That's all.
And Welcome here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2022, 06:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Im new i don't know what to do or how to get started honestly i don't believe a lot in spirituality I tried to astral project failed never succeded I just need to experience something to make me believe. I just hear vibrations when i try to meditate or astral project i don't know what they mean. im honestly lost
Old 28-01-2022, 06:56 PM
I'm curious if you have ever read any book that is spiritual in any way.
Were you brought up to believe anything?
Do you believe in God or a some sort of Superior Being that Created all this?
Just trying to get to know you. No pressure..
I'll stop asking questions after this...let someone else step in ---it's busier here on the weekends .

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2022, 07:23 PM
Newbie ;)

It's okay I was raised muslim, left islam 2 years ago after deep thought and honestly I want to know the truth of the world why we're here . i like the idea of being a spiritual beings having a human experience. i just didn't have any (supernatural) just yet to fully believe it. im just skeptical about everything media....
Old 28-01-2022, 08:13 PM
Hey, thanks for answering...a good starting point...
you are skeptical, yet you're curious. I like that. :)
Were you ever aware of any Sufi poets or mystics...Hafiz, Kabir, Guru Nanak, Rumi...?
If not, they are a great place to start...very wise, experienced men...
and their words have no particular religion.
I'll find the Rumi thread and bring it up.

Old 29-01-2022, 05:30 AM
Master
Hi Skander, welcome to Spiritual Forums. I echo what Miss Hepburn has said. Spirituality
is something that has to touch your heart, and there are many, many, spiritual paths that you may not
care for. But since you have a Muslim orientation already, I might suggest checking out what Sufi Muslims
are saying.

As you probably know Sufi’s are the mystical branch of Islam and they are more into experiencing spirituality
and not just theological readings about it. I also recommend reading some of Kahlil Gibran’s books, i.e.
The Profhet, Sand and Form, etc. This might be a good place to start. Kahlil Gibran was influenced by Islam,
especially by the Sufi’s.

Pray and ask for guidance and then try to be open to what is being shown to you, because answers do not
always come in the way we think they may, or should, come. When you ask for spirituality you are asking for
a path into your own being, which will eventually turn upside-down most of what you think you already know.

Read some of the posts here on this forum and you may gain some idea of the path you may want to take.
Your path will be unique to you, it is not about copying what someone else is doing. In time you will find your
way. In my opinion you are already on a spiritual path, coming here and asking about it is just another step in
your journey of becoming conscious of it.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 29-01-2022, 07:59 AM
Master
To keep it simple, as we go through life, we discern two distinct impulses - one is an urge of mind-body and the other is of our soul. The voice of conscience is the voice of God, in-dwelling in our spiritual heart. If we choose to listen to it, there is no inner conflict, no strife, no envy, no greed, no lust, no fear. However, we may temporarily ’lose out’ on material gain, on sensual gratification.

This is not to say that we negate pleasures. No. But we shouldn’t stagnate, get anchored in any self-serving indulgence. Simply, because the attachment becomes a bondage.

You are young, just 19. It is rare to find people at this age who are spiritually inclined. Perhaps you are an old soul.

Oh, as far as the sound in ear goes, it could simply be a medical condition - tinnitus or on the other hand, it could be the inner sound current. Find out which of the two it is.

There are many ’paths’. Ultimately, it is the surrender of this here mind-body to That (God, love, divine energy) that brings us into inner alignment.

God bless!
Old 29-01-2022, 09:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skander
your going to get a lot of "do this and do that" from other people. EVERYONE, including me, thinks there beliefs are the best ones. Through out history billions of people died because of that. "EVERYONE" isn't 100% wrong. There beliefs is the best one..... for them. If you decide to learn about the spiritual state of mind always follow heart and always question. Beware of the people who tell you not to. You're spiritual heart will change over time as you experience it and learn, nothing is in stone.
As for the vibration in your ear.... What does your heart tell you it is? Your heart "gut feeling" is one you should never question or second guess.
Old 29-01-2022, 12:17 PM
Knower
You could start by deciding what it is that you call God otherwise your going to fall into the new age spirituality where you might be walking unprotected. So you've tried one religion why not try another?