Originally Posted by Starpixie
I would like to do a blessing ritual for a friend that passed away, this will be the third anniversary of her death day but I'm having trouble coming up with something that I feel is satisfactory, I'm fairly certain it is because I am still emotional over it, but I think it would help me to do this for her. Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated as I am struggling with this subject.
Starpixie, that is ever so nice.
Hat's off to you my friend.
Here are some thoughts.......keeping in mind, there is no right or wrong if you fee it is right.
1) Is her grave (if she has one) nearby to visit?
2) Did she have a special song? Poem? Other?
3) Is there another special location that is meaningful where an annual ritual may begin?
4) What annual activity (big or small) do you think she
would like to see you involved with for her?
5) Sit totally relaxed (meditate if you wish) and think.........what would make her happy. Whatever comes to mind (not forced) is likely the right thing to do.
With a loss of someone close, it is likely nothing
you do may make you feel like you have done enough. So do not be hard on yourself. Do you best, the love will come through to her, and nothing can be more fulfilling in my opinion.
Keep in mind too Starpixie, the fact it is 3 yrs now and apparently this person was pretty meaningful in your life is in and of itself a blessing. Such that it is great you had such a relationship. Not meaning to get off topic either but....you still do
Hopefully the above will at least give you an idea or two or confirm whatever you do, it will not be enough when there is/was such caring/love between two of you.