Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:22 AM
vishwaskamath

great neeti
Old 09-01-2007, 04:40 AM
Neeti_Shri

hi kundalini,
thank u!i am v glad you liked the post...
Old 09-01-2007, 04:46 AM
Neeti_Shri

sri sai baba on service:

If you lift the hand to serve, to help, to console, to encourage another man, you are lifting it for God, for God is in every man.

The joy one gets while promoting another's joy is incomparable.

Service is the first step along the spiritual path.

How can anyone contemplate on God - who loves the poor and the grief-stricken - and yet be cold-hearted when the poor and the grief-stricken are around them?

Hands that serve are holier than lips that pray.

You have no reason to feel proud when you are able to help another, for your skill or wealth or strength or courage or official position that gave you the chance to serve was the gift of God, whether you recognize it or not. You are only offering this God's gift to another God's gift, namely the poor, the illiterate, the weak, the diseased, the grieving, the broken-hearted, who seek your help.

Man has become so selfish that he does not care for others, or anything other than his own welfare . . . One who constantly thinks of his own body, his own family, his own wealth and his own comfort is truly a selfish man. The only way to cleanse such a hard-hearted man is through service to humanity.

God is the embodiment of compassion. He watches for a grain of goodness or humility so that He can reward it with tons of grace. Deserve the grace of God by helping the weak and the poor, the diseased and the downtrodden.

Constant work in loving service to others covers the seeds of past sinful and harmful actions, so that they die away and do not grow into a new round of misery.

A wave of service, if it sweeps over the land catching everyone in its enthusiasm, will be able to wipe off the mounds of hatred, malice and greed that infest the world.

Do not believe that you can by means of service reform or reshape the world. You may or may not; that does not matter. The real value of service, its most visible result, is that it reforms you, reshapes you. Do service as a spiritual discipline; then you will be humble and happy.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:42 AM
Neeti_Shri

Man Loves, because He is Love,
He seeks Joy, for he is Joy.
He thirsts for God; for he is composed of God and he cannot exist without Him.

As close as you are to God,
so close God is to you.

Buddhism:
Remember the wheel of couse and consequence, of deed and destiny and the wheel of Dharma that rights them all.

Hinduism:
Listen to the primeval pranava "AUM" resounding in your heart as well as in the heart of the universe.

Christianity:
Cut the "I" feeling clean across and let your ego die on the cross to endow on you eternity.

Zoroastrianism:
Off all bitterness in the sacred fire and emerge Grand, Great and Godly.

Islam:
Be like the star which never wavers from the crescent but is fixed in steady faith.

Do not give room for differences based on language, religioon, caste or nationality.
Develop the feeling that all are children of God.
You may worship God in any form of your choice, but always bear in mind that God is One. Cultivate love and promote unity and harmony among all.

Blessed are those who pray for others, for in so doing they become aware of the unity of all life.

Have confidence in yourself and strive to understand well the nature of God's love.
To secure that love is the sacred goal of human life.

Patience is all the strength man needs.

Human Values:
Truth
Right Conduct
Peace
Love
Non-Violence

-SAI BABA

Last edited by Neeti_Shri : 12-01-2007 at 05:50 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Neeti_Shri

sri sai baba on education:

Education is not acquisition of burdensome information regarding objects and men. It is the awareness of the immortal spirit within,which is the spring of joy, peace and courage.

Education must promote peace, security and happiness.

Education confers humility, endows one with the authority to command, that will entitle one to affluence. With the help of charity and compassion this affluence can be made fruitful, and by this means, happiness in this world and peace in the next can be won.

The father, the mother and the teacher are the three primarily responsible for moulding the future of the country.

Education should ennoble the students, but instead it is debasing them. Instead of shaping the young into diamonds, it is turning them into coals. It is not bringing transformation in them, It is not bestowing wisdom.

Character is the most precious gift of education.

Education must open the eyes and enable them to recognise the One behind the many.

[size=2][color=darkred]The objective of education should be impressed on the children

Last edited by Neeti_Shri : 12-01-2007 at 06:07 AM.
Old 14-01-2007, 04:52 AM
Neeti_Shri

sri sai baba on teachers:

The teacher has the greatest share in moulding the future of the country. Of all professions, yours is the noblest, the most difficult and the most important.

Only a great teacher can mould a great student.

[size=2][color=#000099][size=2][color=#000099][color=darkred]Human values[love,truth,righteousness,peace,nonviolence] cannot be learnt from lectures of text
Old 26-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Neeti_Shri

Sri sathya sai baba's maxims:

It is easy to conquer anger through love, attachment through reasoning, falsehood through truth, bad through good and greed through charity.

Patience is all the strength that man needs.

Those anxious to live in joy must always be doing good.

Have undiminished kindness towards all beings and also the spirit of self-sacrifice.

Be always on the alert against the four sins which the tongue is prone to commit:
Speaking falsehood
Speaking ill of others
Back-biting and
Talking too much
It is best to attempt to control these tendencies.

Try to prevent the five sins that the body commits:
Killing
Adultery
Theft
Drinking intoxicants
Eating of flesh
It is a great help for the highest life if these also are kept as far away as possible.

First give up the evil tendency to feel impatient at the prosperity of others and the desire to harm them. Be happy that others are happy. Sympathise with those who are in adversity and wish for their prosperity. That is the goal of cultivating the love for God.

Assume silence when you are invaded by anger or remember the Name of the Lord. Instead, do not try to remind yourself of things which will inflame the anger more. That will do incalculable harm.

From this moment, avoid all bad habits. Do not delay or postpone. They do not contribute the least joy.

For faults and sins committed in ignorance, repent sincerely; try not to repeat the faults and sins again; pray to God to bless you with the strength and the courage needed to stick to the right path.

Do not get swelled up when people praise you; do not feel dejected when people blame you.

It is enough if you search and discover one fault of yours; that is better than discovering tens of hundreds of faults in others.

Whenever you get a little leisure, do not spend it in talking about all and sundry, but utilise it in meditating on God or in doing service to others.

Whatever you feel should not be done to you by others, avoid your doing such to others.
Old 26-01-2007, 01:01 PM
dreamer

Hey neeti,

these are really great teachings i really enjoy reading them - thankyou for taking your ntime to share them.
Old 29-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Neeti_Shri

hey dreamer!
hey,thank u!i am glad i can serve god in my own small way by sharing these messages and am so happy u and many others like them.its my pleasure and i really do love posting these messages,i always hope visitors to this wonderful website get as inspired as i do with these posts.i am so grateful to those of u who encourage me and inspire me with ur goodness too.thank u so much!neeti.
Old 29-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Neeti_Shri

[color=navy] Strive for the happiness, the joy of all others, as earnestly as you strive for your own; strive for the peace of the world, as diligently as you strive for your own. That is true divinity, that is true humanity.If there are two or more kings or states, there is bound to be greed,envy, jealously, hatred and anger on one side, and fear, ambition and vengence on the other. No one can then know the joy or perfect peace. Similarly, so long as you feel the reality of the 'many,' so long as you take them to be outside you, separate from you, you have fear, hatred, greed and all the rest of the pests. When you know that the
Closed Thread