Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 14-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
What, like you do?

How many times do I need to say this?

I don't care if you (or anybody) can "depend on my character" or not...I am not here to win any popularity contest. I am also immune to shame, guilt and blame...as well as flaming.

If others want to see me as "untrustworthy" or "selfish" or a criminal...even the devil himself...woop de do.

You obviously didn't read my answers to ketzer beyond highlighting all the personal pronouns I used, thus "playing with words" to take yet another cheap shot at me.

You are a hypocrite.
You don't need to say any of this over again. I got it the first time. I was simply expressing my view/opinion in response and with regards to matters being bandied about. I am aware that what I say may be misconstrued by anyone as well as likely not make complete sense to everyone - there are but some of the many limitations of packaging (i.e. 'cloaking' reality in 'words'. I have yet to find a better means of (abstract) communication with others, however.
Old 14-05-2020, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
You don't need to say any of this over again. I got it the first time. I was simply expressing my view/opinion in response and with regards to matters being bandied about. I am aware that what I say may be misconstrued by anyone as well as likely not make complete sense to everyone - there are but some of the many limitations of packaging (i.e. 'cloaking' reality in 'words'. I have yet to find a better means of (abstract) communication with others, however.
That is okay and I understand. I appreciate your honesty.

My use of the impersonal pronoun was only to highlight the limitations of words anyway..it was all done pretty much "tongue-in-cheek"...I got a laugh out of it yesterday anyway.

All you really need to do is just lower your defenses a bit and explain things to me like you just did...this is what I appreciate and what I respond to with kindness and the willingness to understand...do you see?

Yes, it is your opinion.. Yes, people have a difficult time understanding others at the best of times...that is when a different tact is usually called for...thank you, David.
Old 15-05-2020, 01:34 AM
Master
@ David (and anyone who will read this)...

"No sugarcoating" is only a label those who wish to control/dominate others use as an excuse to justify their agenda. It gets placed in the same basket as "emotional enabling" and "staged intervention" when it comes to removing the basic rights of others through imposed (and perceived) social and spiritual conformity.

It is not about "sugarcoating". It is about creating the space where mutual communication can occur in the first place...and yup, we BOTH pretty much suck at it...as do the majority of human beings on this planet.

I am still working through past trauma..and not to use that as an excuse or anything, but when I am confronted with authoritarianism, bullying, gaslighting and people who pull no punches to get me to see their point of view, I just close off and shut down totally (subconscious limbic response). I respond to love and not "tough love" because I equate that with "tough justice"...with all of the physical and emotional abuse I received as a child for "questioning direct orders" and insubordination..having absolutely no human rights whatsoever.. everybody just falling over themselves when it came to doing everything "for my own good" without me even having a say in it whatsoever.

This is why I am also having a very hard time coming to accept that my country is Communist now....giving me PTSD flashbacks...requiring me to go back on my meds again.

...more later.
Old 15-05-2020, 02:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
That is okay and I understand. I appreciate your honesty.

My use of the impersonal pronoun was only to highlight the limitations of words anyway..it was all done pretty much "tongue-in-cheek"...I got a laugh out of it yesterday anyway.

All you really need to do is just lower your defenses a bit and explain things to me like you just did...this is what I appreciate and what I respond to with kindness and the willingness to understand...do you see?

Yes, it is your opinion.. Yes, people have a difficult time understanding others at the best of times...that is when a different tact is usually called for...thank you, David.
We are all doing (or at least trying to do) 'our best' to make 'the most' of Life - at least I believe that that is the case (even though there are plenty of times when what I see, read, or hear momentarily 'convinces' me that that is 'far' from being the case).

Old 07-07-2020, 08:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
What right do you have to believe what you do?
What right do you have to expect others to believe what you do?
Do those rights carry with them any responsibilities?
Does exercising those rights too freely carry any dangers?
I don't have the right, but I do anyways.
I don't expect anyone to believe anything. If asked what I believe I will answer honestly.
My beliefs carry a massive responsibility. To myself
Yes they do carry danger's. But a lot of my beliefs are held private and scared.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I don't have the right, but I do anyways.
I don't expect anyone to believe anything. If asked what I believe I will answer honestly.
My beliefs carry a massive responsibility. To myself
Yes they do carry danger's. But a lot of my beliefs are held private and scared.
Asking : did you mean 'scared' (or was it a typo - 'sacred'?)

Maybe it was a 'Freudian' slip ('hidden' meaning 'showing', IOW)?
Old 07-07-2020, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Asking : did you mean 'scared' (or was it a typo - 'sacred'?)

Maybe it was a 'Freudian' slip ('hidden' meaning 'showing', IOW)?
I am a horrible speller
Old 07-07-2020, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I am a horrible speller