Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 02-07-2016, 12:52 AM
Newbie ;)

German shepherds are intelligent dogs, very in tune with their owners' emotional states, and very loyal. My only real qualm with the breed is that sometimes they can be too smart for their own good (like learning how to get into the fridge) and also they sometimes can be more prone to anxiety, especially at the vet's office because they are very sensory animals. They actually stress about things before they happen, almost like people.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:56 PM
Pathfinder

I love German Shepherds!! Absolutely adore them. I was thinking that if I ever were to have a dog some day I'd like it to be a German Shep :')
"For there to be beauty of face, clarity of speech, benevolence and firmness of character, shadow is as needful as light. They are not opponents: they stand, rather, lovingly hand in hand, and when light disappears, shadow slips away after it."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 10-12-2016, 05:13 AM
Experiencer

One of my best friends is a shepherd/malamute mix. Such a smart, strong, loyal, friendly, playful, beautiful young woman. :3 I love her with all my heart.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Deactivated Account

My neighbor has a young one, she is about a year old. Darling little thing.

( not my pic)
Old 27-12-2016, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by notofthisworld
German shepherds are intelligent dogs, very in tune with their owners' emotional states, and very loyal. My only real qualm with the breed is that sometimes they can be too smart for their own good (like learning how to get into the fridge) and also they sometimes can be more prone to anxiety, especially at the vet's office because they are very sensory animals. They actually stress about things before they happen, almost like people.
All the dogs I have ever had were in tune with my emotional states. I used to have one dog that would howl as if in mourning when I was very sad or depressed. They also come and lay with me. I have a Shepherd Husky mix and I've been pretty sad lately and the last few days really bad and poor dog seems to be taking it all on...He lays there listless as though he's very depressed, so then I feel bad and have to perk him up and play with him and then he's fine. He wants to lay on me or sit next to me.

He was so funny with his Christmas gifts. He gets so excited like a little kid...we had to make a bigger toy box for him. He hates them in his toy box, he has to take them out and throw them everywhere...then like a kid when there were no more gifts for him, he seemed sad and let down! We'd put them in the toy box again for him to take out and throw around. Got him one toy that has a laser on it. He's just like the cats with that thing, runs and chases it all over. If we have the small pocket one, he knows even before we turn it on. His ears are keen to the sound of it on the little key chain. He will perk up instantly and wait for it. lol.
Old 27-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
thinking a border Colie

I found a border colie and Shep mix.. Not going for it,but thought it was interesting how dogs mix with every breed lol

Careful Clover, Border Collies are very hyper and need lots of room to run. Better research before you invest.
Old 27-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Master

German Shepherds are awesome dogs. Very loyal to their keepers.

Personally I have Maremmas. They protect our property from predators who wish to eat duck. They are working dogs and need a job to do. And they are the most stubborn breed I think I have ever encountered.

Old 27-12-2016, 06:28 PM
If I posted a photo of my German Shep...all you would notice are the
huge ears sticking up!
She is not photogenic, what can I say.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
All the dogs I have ever had were in tune with my emotional states. I used to have one dog that would howl as if in mourning when I was very sad or depressed. They also come and lay with me. I have a Shepherd Husky mix and I've been pretty sad lately and the last few days really bad and poor dog seems to be taking it all on...He lays there listless as though he's very depressed, so then I feel bad and have to perk him up and play with him and then he's fine. He wants to lay on me or sit next to me.

He was so funny with his Christmas gifts. He gets so excited like a little kid...we had to make a bigger toy box for him. He hates them in his toy box, he has to take them out and throw them everywhere...then like a kid when there were no more gifts for him, he seemed sad and let down! We'd put them in the toy box again for him to take out and throw around. Got him one toy that has a laser on it. He's just like the cats with that thing, runs and chases it all over. If we have the small pocket one, he knows even before we turn it on. His ears are keen to the sound of it on the little key chain. He will perk up instantly and wait for it. lol.

Good afternoon Sarian

"All the dogs I have ever had were in tune with my emotional states."

The same here, I found it works both ways.

My first was a German shepherd

She was found walking the streets, vet guess her age was 4 weeks, she was a wonderful fun loving companion for 15 years, her name was muffin.
Old 28-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Master
Aw! So glad you and Muffin found each other and she was given a good life with you.