Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 05-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Master
SG - USA 49.3 m cats/dogs. Seems like you have the same issues.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Master
Right Sangress, some people treat their dogs like spoiled brats. Then they act like it. It seems so strange that anyone would want to live with an animal that doesn't have any manners and can be potentially dangerous/deadly.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
SG - USA 49.3 m cats/dogs. Seems like you have the same issues.

Didn't know the stats, but I know that there's plenty of media coverage encouraging people to do the right thing. Not really surprising and have naturally heard the horror stories, pitbulls mauling and killing kids or old people or whomever.

It just makes me wish people would get smart.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:57 PM
shandy61

It's not really the dogs fault, they should be kept under control by a responsible owner. people should have to pass a test to own an animal as most do not have a clue on what being a responsible owner entails.
It saddens me that so called 'devil dogs' are maligned in the press when really it's the owners who want a 'status' dog to enhance their image ..... or so they think !
This subject makes me very 'ranty' ......... as you will now realise !!
S
x
Old 05-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Master
Good points shandy. If the aspca is willing to give free spay/neuters to pets adopted, why not free training vouchers or something when the dogs are the right age.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:52 AM
shandy61

That would be an excellent idea Silvergirl, but the only problem with that is the mentality of certain owners, who are the ones where the main problems arise. They simply wouldn't take their dog for the training as they appear to enjoy having a dog that other people fear.
Responsible owners generally have well behaved animals, it's the bad owners that need to be tackled. Thou I have no idea how that could be done practically.
S
x
Old 06-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Sangress

Quote:
it's the bad owners that need to be tackled. Thou I have no idea how that could be done practically.

Simple, fine the owners, give their dogs a new home. Ban them from getting another dog until they pass a test then monitor how they care for their new dog until the lesson is well and truly learned.

Anyone who has the capacity to be responsible will have a dog after that point, the majority of the nit wits who want a dog for some superficial purpose will not even bother with it again.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Master
I think that's a great idea, S.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Sangress

*Looks up at my previous comment* Wow, for once being irritaited actually helped me write a logical and viable response. Maybe I should get in that mood more often....
Old 06-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Master
Thumbs up from me, Sangress! well done~*