Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 25-04-2021, 08:31 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Seriously?
Yes Greenslade. Not only these devils, but many religious people still believe that Devil is real. To complicate the issue even further, they believe that devils are the real Devil. These misbeliefs may cause schizophrenia. I don't understand your point we are saying the same thing no? (that Devil is not real).

Last edited by green1 : 25-04-2021 at 12:43 PM.
Old 25-04-2021, 12:49 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
Yes Greenslade. Not only these devils, but many religious people still believe that Devil is real. To complicate the issue even further, they believe that devils are the real Devil. These misbeliefs may cause schizophrenia.
The 'real' devil is nothing more than a scare tactic used by a religion that was designed as a control mechanism, and it belongs to a mindset that should have died out two thousand years ago. The Biblical devil from Genesis is Enki, of Sumerian mythology. The rest is the power of their own minds to create their reality, nothing more, although there are other psychological disorders presenting themselves. People believe God talks to them for the same reasons.
Old 25-04-2021, 09:01 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with Greenslade

Namaste
Old 27-04-2021, 06:00 AM
Master
To me, the Devil seems to be a Thought Form which people keep alive.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 06-05-2021, 11:06 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Demonic possession is ignorant superstition that should have died out years ago and if you want to define it learn more about mental health.

I'm assigning a definition to what I saw based on what I saw. This is the best definition I have come up with based on what I saw and what I know. If you can define it better than be my guest.
I think that having a Masters Degree in counseling and working in this field for years, I have learned enough to know what is mental health and what is something else. Peace.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I'm assigning a definition to what I saw based on what I saw. This is the best definition I have come up with based on what I saw and what I know. If you can define it better than be my guest.
I think that having a Masters Degree in counseling and working in this field for years, I have learned enough to know what is mental health and what is something else. Peace.
Then you'll understand your own reasons for whatever definition you've assigned to it.

When I worked in mental health I saw a young woman go from happy and laughing to sitting in a corner of the gents toilet in a puddle of her urine. She was screaming at me as though I was the devil himself come to take her away, and the only way I could stop her from running onto a very busy main road was to trap her in the toilet. That happened because of chemical imbalances in her brain. Another client went full-blown psycho on his family and tried to kill them with a kitchen knife for the same reasons. Someone else jumped off a bridge because God had told he to kill herself but she had a history of self-loathing and depression.

I also know because I've conjured up a few 'demons' myself, and dealt with others' 'demons'.
Old 13-05-2021, 12:08 AM
Ascender

Quote:
That happened because of chemical imbalances in her brain.
Chemical imbalances do not cause people to levitate, they do not cause people to speak in foreign languages that they don't know and that sound ancient, they do not cause people's eyes and voices to change, they do not throw people across a room and they do not cause a presence to be in the room. That's the stuff that the mental health field cannot explain through psychology.

And by the way, it's not fear mongering if you read what I wrote. The whole point was that I learned not to be afraid.
Old 13-05-2021, 07:22 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

The only demons I have are self-imposed.
Old 14-05-2021, 07:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
Chemical imbalances do not cause people to levitate, they do not cause people to speak in foreign languages that they don't know and that sound ancient, they do not cause people's eyes and voices to change, they do not throw people across a room and they do not cause a presence to be in the room. That's the stuff that the mental health field cannot explain through psychology.

And by the way, it's not fear mongering if you read what I wrote. The whole point was that I learned not to be afraid.
You were talking about demons, not levitation, and people talk in foreign tongues when they get drunk and sometimes in religious ceremonies. No doubt there's a scientific explanation. As for presences, they can be felt by people who are energy-sensitive, which I am. As for levitation and throwing people around the room, as far as I'm aware none of that has been validated beyond theatrics.

You assigned a definition to what you think you saw and experienced and if you're already predisposed to demons then all you're looking for is something to believe in. So that too can be explained by psychology.
Old 14-05-2021, 10:20 PM
AbodhiSky

things like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder run in family trees and so have a genetic cause. anxiety disorders also run down family genetic lines. it's interesting as offspring may get none of these at all or get their own unique version of them.