Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 26-01-2021, 06:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Okay, big self disclosure here. I know what it is like to feel crazy, I’m sure a lot of people do. These days when I am visited by craziness, I can feel it approaching, and dissolve it in my mind before it grows and overtakes me.

If, as you say, a person can be sensitive to energy, they can feel a headache, or stress elsewhere in their body, approaching, and dissolve it, or move it out of their way. It takes a keen sensitivity to our own state of being.

I can also relate to what GlitterRose has said. It is not so much all of the things that we have tried as it is our ability to settle into those things and have them be of use to us. Some people find meditation and inner peace boring. It is and acquired taste. When I used to do drug and alcohol counseling, I’d ask patients how come they did not get into treatment sooner, and most of the time they would reply, “I had not reached my bottom yet.” It is said “when the student is ready the teacher will appear.” The search for what works for us, as and individual, may be long with many twists and turns.

NICE COMMENT.

I am pretty sure we have all felt 'crazy'.

I could tell you a couple of stories that might have the hairs on your back standing up. Taking away a gun from a person who was going to shoot me isn't an example, but being so mad that I held the hammer down, turned the cylinder hoping I broke of the firing pin and then committing the insane act of retuning the gun back to its owner.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-01-2021, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
NICE COMMENT.

I am pretty sure we have all felt 'crazy'.

I could tell you a couple of stories that might have the hairs on your back standing up. Taking away a gun from a person who was going to shoot me isn't an example, but being so mad that I held the hammer down, turned the cylinder hoping I broke of the firing pin and then committing the insane act of retuning the gun back to its owner.
I don’t want to get into my war stories, got to keep those at a distance. But the craziness that can come from stress, when you can‘t see or think straight. A dark storm cloud over your head, that seems to be raining only on you, with fierce lighting bolts striking, and no one else can see it or feel it but you. That kind of craziness. Where there is no self governance. Often bought on by intense debilitating stress.

The line between saneness and insanity is very thin. Post trauma stress, and other kinds of intense stress, can cause a person to have and emotional breakdown, even be hospitalized. I’ve got lots of war stories I can tell about my military tour during the Vietnam War, but the greatest war has been the one which I have had in the past with myself. To win that battle and realize that the only true victory is in our heart.
Old 26-01-2021, 08:02 AM
Elfin

Quote:
I don’t want to get into my war stories, got to keep those at a distance. But the craziness that can come from stress, when you can‘t see or think straight. A dark storm cloud over your head, that seems to be raining only on you, with fierce lighting bolts striking, and no one else can see it or feel it but you. That kind of craziness. Where there is no self governance. Often bought on by intense debilitating stress.

The line between saneness and insanity is very thin. Post trauma stress, and other kinds of intense stress, can cause a person to have and emotional breakdown, even be hospitalized. I’ve got lots of war stories I can tell about my military tour during the Vietnam War, but the greatest war has been the one which I have had in the past with myself. To win that battle and realize that the only true victory is in our heart.
Hi Starman..... A little tale related to me by my son only a week ago.....my father , his Grandad ... Opened his heart up and told my son that he was suffering from PTSD .... And as a result had been seeing a counselor. But after only 2 sessions he had refused more as he didn't feel " comfortable" talking to a stranger about his personal issues. My father is 86. He has been through a lot during his life. A fire officer/ chief for 30 years...prior to that, a police officer .... Prior to that , a soldier in Africa fighting the mau-maus..... So you would think that his PTSD probably comes from Africa with all the horrible things he witnessed..... But no. It comes from beyond that...to his mum being blown up by a bomb aged only 26...and him being only 6 with 2 younger brothers. He never got over that.
Old 26-01-2021, 08:12 AM
Master
Elfin,
I doubt most people get over something like that.

Tragic.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-01-2021, 08:20 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Elfin,
I doubt most people get over something like that.

Tragic.
.... He loved his mother with a passion. His father was always away at sea.... But at aged 6 he wanted to be "involved" ... He wanted to attend his mother's funeral ....but they wouldn't let him, as it wasn't the "done thing" .....
Old 26-01-2021, 08:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi Starman..... A little tale related to me by my son only a week ago.....my father , his Grandad ... Opened his heart up and told my son that he was suffering from PTSD .... And as a result had been seeing a counselor. But after only 2 sessions he had refused more as he didn't feel " comfortable" talking to a stranger about his personal issues. My father is 86. He has been through a lot during his life. A fire officer/ chief for 30 years...prior to that, a police officer .... Prior to that , a soldier in Africa fighting the mau-maus..... So you would think that his PTSD probably comes from Africa with all the horrible things he witnessed..... But no. It comes from beyond that...to his mum being blown up by a bomb aged only 26...and him being only 6 with 2 younger brothers. He never got over that.
Well look who’s here. The story you have shared does not surprise me. Your dad had a traumatic experience as a child that left and indelible mark on him, but as far as his wartime experience in Africa. Some soldiers handle war better than others. Having seen his mother tragically killed at a very young age, no other trauma could compare with that. PTSD can come from so many things. I salute your dad as a brother soldier. I have served along side British soldiers, Australian solders, South Korean soldiers, etc.

The major feature of my PTSD was survivors guilt. I was 19-years old when I went to Vietnam, that was the average age of American troops in Vietnam, and I saw lots of people die. Held many in my arms as they took their last breath. I had no previous reference for that. So it left and indelible mark on me. There are different levels of severity in PTSD, some have a mild case while others may have a more severe case. It depends on the person, what they are exposed to, and have been previously exposed to in the past.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:04 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Well look who’s here. The story you have shared does not surprise me. Your dad had a traumatic experience as a child that left and indelible mark on him, but as far as his wartime experience in Africa. Some soldiers handle war better than others. Having seen his mother tragically killed at a very young age, no other trauma could compare with that. PTSD can come from so many things. I salute your dad as a brother soldier. I have served along side British soldiers, Australian solders, South Korean soldiers, etc.

The major feature of my PTSD was survivors guilt. I was 19-years old when I went to Vietnam, that was the average age of American troops in Vietnam, and I saw lots of people die. Held many in my arms as they took their last breath. I had no previous reference for that. So it left and indelible mark on me. There are different levels of severity in PTSD, some have a mild case while others may have a more severe case. It depends on the person, what they are exposed to, and have been previously exposed to in the past.
....HEY YOU too...... Glad to see you still alive and kicking !!! ... Yes with what you say about war and PTSD.... You were 19..my dad a similar age .... My eldest son , believe it or not, I believe was still suffering PTSD from a past life with regard to "bombs" and being "blown up". He expressed all of this from being 3ish... To 7 ish.... I had to sit up with him all night many times to help him through those dreadful nights. So any one that says "past lives" are nonsense.... I do what I always do to the "enemy" .... Poke them in the eye with a stick.... But hey, that's just me ! But I'm being serious here, my 3 boys, and I CANNOT imagine anything worse than any of them telling me they are going off to war. I would rather they became boxers, my 2nd biggest fear for them !!! ....
Old 26-01-2021, 09:27 AM
Master
Growing up in the slums of New York City back in the 1950’s going into the army seemed like my best choice back then. I did not immediately go to Vietnam. I was stationed in Germany for little over a year, then sent to Japan for awhile, and then Vietnam. They did not tell me that I was going to Vietnam and it was not in the public consciousness when I went. They just told me to get on a plane; I had taken military planes all over the world, but this time when I got off the plane I was in Vietnam. My mom had no idea where I was until I informed her by letter. We did not have access to telephones, and cell phones nor computers, had not been invented yet.

Bed time, have a happy good, and a good happy.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
.... He loved his mother with a passion. His father was always away at sea.... But at aged 6 he wanted to be "involved" ... He wanted to attend his mother's funeral ....but they wouldn't let him, as it wasn't the "done thing" .....

TRAGIC!

Something like that happened to me when my Grandmother died when I was about 10. As for me, I was close to my Grandmother. She was the only one I knew. The other died when my Mother was 12.

Old 26-01-2021, 09:34 AM
Master
Quote:
....HEY YOU too...... Glad to see you still alive and kicking !!! ... Yes with what you say about war and PTSD.... You were 19..my dad a similar age .... My eldest son , believe it or not, I believe was still suffering PTSD from a past life with regard to "bombs" and being "blown up". He expressed all of this from being 3ish... To 7 ish.... I had to sit up with him all night many times to help him through those dreadful nights. So any one that says "past lives" are nonsense.... I do what I always do to the "enemy" .... Poke them in the eye with a stick.... But hey, that's just me ! But I'm being serious here, my 3 boys, and I CANNOT imagine anything worse than any of them telling me they are going off to war. I would rather they became boxers, my 2nd biggest fear for them !!! ....

The book I have almost finished writing, is a 'past life' with my life coming to a conclusion by a ball of fire and imprinted into a wall for all to see ......... Hiroshima.