Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 15-09-2016, 01:18 PM
Master
I had a pretty cool experience a couple days ago. I was out running and then slowed to walk and felt like I was absorbing everything. I sat on this rustic and worn bench by a huge pond. Complete silence in my mind...I could hear the birds and little fish were popping air bubbles at the top of the water. I was staring at the rustic wood, weathered and worn and the trees, bushes and water and it was amazing how I felt connected to all of it, like we just flowed into each other....I was the wood, the water and the trees and the fish.
Old 16-09-2016, 03:10 AM
Experiencer

Oh man, where to even begin....All have given you great advice so far. You just gotta go out and live it. Humans spend so much time locked inside their plastic cages, but rejoining nature can really bring out the best in us. Just accept that you're an animal.

You know what makes me feel close to nature? It's kinda gross, but....peeing in the woods. Nestled in a little clearing between bushes, behind a tree, squatting close to the earth feeling the breeze on my backside. And squatting strengthens the thighs, hips, and core, improving lovemaking, childbirth, and overall health. And it just feels so much more natural than sitting on a toilet.

But be careful what you wipe with!
Old 20-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Pathfinder

just move to the country..you see there how close and connected your life would be. You would be waking up with a fresh air in your head and clear thoughts..
Old 14-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Master
I have always loved nature! One day i found out i was missing something i got myself tied up in modern technology sitting in side messing with modern day technology. I realized what I was missing was right out my window. That day i abandoned my computer walked outside and looked at the clouds, the sky in my busy town. Ever since then i never looked back. I was free. That was years ago and i don't own a computer. I just have a phone that i only use at work since i am stuck here anyway. At home my phones off. Since then my soul matured 1000xs over. That in itself turned into a run a way train. To see,to feel nature only feeds what made you in the first place. Its amazing out there. You can see nature anywhere. You just have to look.
Old 16-11-2016, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator
Certainly living in a more natural environment would help, as has already been mentioned.

Another idea is a bit radical but will definitely bring results! Take a good one or two-man military tent, (or even build yourself a sound shelter?) in a remote place in the woods. Take water purifying tablets and camp by fresh water. Take dry goods you can easily cook up, and some multivitamin/mineral tablets. Take a knife, a dish, a coffee mug, a fork and spoon, and maybe some candles? You will need a reliable lighter too.
All other items are optional. But you will have to backpack them in....so maybe you'd like to leave behind the shampoo, hair moisturiser, bow-saw, framed pictures of relatives, chocolate cheesecake, (haha) coffee whitener, and various other goods.
Go somewhere so remote you won't be tempted to run back to your car when something starts to freak you out.
I guarantee by one week you will feel at one with Nature.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Experiencer

There are big, deep, dark, wet beautiful limestone caves along the Mississppi River between Missouri and Illinois. Last weekend, my mate and I spent the day visiting the caves and surrounding forest. It was absolutely awesome!

Our day in a (hopefully not coconut-sized) nutshell....We woke up beore sunrise like usual and rudimentarily groomed ourselves. Since our less-active companions wouldn't be ready til noon, I had time to make breakfast. Food of the earth cooked over an open fire is another great way to connect with nature!

And I really like talking about food haha. Although some may not agree with the deer sausage. But we also had fruit, salad, and mini-pancakes. Whereas most survivalists de-emphasize food, citing how long we can go without eating and suggesting more important gear, I have bushcraft skills and carry mostly dried food. As well as a blanket, a simple mini-distiller for water, and some multi-purpose raw crafting materials. Beewax, pine resin, scrap cotton/leather, twine....

But I digress from our breakfast! The salad was mostly local, with wild leek, "red Aztec spinach", walnut, juniper, persimmon, and FULLY RIPE black nightshade berries. Don't try it unless you know your plants. Honey. sea salt, and powdered goat milk mixed together isn't a bad substitute for cheese. I was otherwise in an Old World mood though. Dried banana, mango, citrus, coconut....and those pancakes I mentioned earlier! Whole wheat, carob powder, fenugreek, crushed almond, and/or poppyseeds, sweetened with honey and cane sugar. All washed down with strong black coffee.

After a hearty energizing breakfast, we headed into town, met up with our friends, and went back out to the woods. Two of them are father and daughter, the girl about our age and reconnecting with her dad, and she's new to the region. We thought we'd show her around before she gets herself lost. Between the faint footpath, thick foliage, steep bluffs, and narrow ravines, getting lost is far from a challenge. But I know the forest.

While our friends hiked that faint trail, meandering around the shallow streams at their feet, my mate and I were racing over the hills and through the treetops. It was exhilarating! The day started out chilly, but my blood quickly warmed as it pumped faster through my veins. Thank goodness we left our backpacks in the truck! Being the kind folks we are, we led our friends to the most challenging cave entrance and showed them what food grew along the way. The descent into the Earth felt like stepping back in time.

Dark and wet as the caves were, we continued to dart across the rocks like crickets to no ill effect. I can count all the times I injured myself on just one hand! Our companions clambered along behind us, but we never left them too far behind, scouting ahead for deep pools and gullies. Oh and what deep clear beautiful pools they were!

I hate to pick favorites with Mother Nature, but this one little cavern was absolutely gorgeous. The walls were less like limestone and more like crystal when we turned on our flashlights. Water sprung up from deep in the ground, so clear, sparkly, and cold! Us two had packed dry undergarments in our pockets, so we half-stripped and dove in. Our friends laughed and called us crazy, which may very well be true, but it was so refreshing! We would've swam deeper but there was elsewhere to explore.

Our friends split up from us, wandering through other caverns for the next hour or so. We explored the forest some more, climbing up the cliffs and bluffs, traversing the gullies with the aid of logs and vines. It was yet another exciting and enlightening adventure!

I'm not sure what all our companions gleaned from the journey, but they enjoyed it enough to ponder another visit soon. Even after I told them how much bat**** we stepped in! I highly recommend a similar excursion, even if only to a thicket along the highway; you'll quickly lose any squeamishness toward mud and blood. Viva la Animalia!
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.

Last edited by SerpentSun : 05-12-2016 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator
Oh what an adventure Serpent Sun! I really enjoyed reading about it. Thank you. You took me away there....
Old 05-12-2016, 12:35 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Oh what an adventure Serpent Sun! I really enjoyed reading about it. Thank you. You took me away there....

Well thanks! :) People often tell me I'm a way better storyteller than I think I am. At least in writing; in person, I'm a stammering mess haha. The girl who went with us is on a dark path, but I see a lot of potential in her. I hope my influence will be better than worse. And if she didn't drink or smoke, she'd be aesthetically pleasing to swim in the caves with.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Certainly living in a more natural environment would help, as has already been mentioned.

Another idea is a bit radical but will definitely bring results! Take a good one or two-man military tent, (or even build yourself a sound shelter?) in a remote place in the woods. Take water purifying tablets and camp by fresh water. Take dry goods you can easily cook up, and some multivitamin/mineral tablets. Take a knife, a dish, a coffee mug, a fork and spoon, and maybe some candles? You will need a reliable lighter too.
All other items are optional. But you will have to backpack them in....so maybe you'd like to leave behind the shampoo, hair moisturiser, bow-saw, framed pictures of relatives, chocolate cheesecake, (haha) coffee whitener, and various other goods.
Go somewhere so remote you won't be tempted to run back to your car when something starts to freak you out.
I guarantee by one week you will feel at one with Nature.

Hmmm.....Tobi ...this sounds suspiciously like camping!!! ...Oh wait!...it is!

As a guy who gets out in the wilds quite a lot. ....I highly recommend camping!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 10-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Newbie ;)

if you find your true self and connect to you heart, you will connect to the nature at ease