Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Pathfinder

Well in an attempt to keep this thread alive I just wanted to say that lately Ive been trying to keep my mind from being distracted during all waking hours and I really feel completely different, I have more energy and cognitive ability, I'm listening to people more and becoming aware of my mental processes that hold me back. Just from focusing on what Im doing at any given moment, I've heard it a million times just never actually understood how important it is to live in the moment!

Anyway theres my contribution I want to hear from others now, what is benefiting your life at the moment?
Old 13-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Pathfinder

And Sparrow thanks for all your help answering peoples questions, I hope you change your mind and post it here again sometime.
Old 15-07-2011, 02:19 AM
flutterangel

Wow. I have been moving and have not had the internet at home for a few weeks. I am very saddened to see the turn this thread has taken.
Sparrow,
Thank you very much for all you have contributed. I appreciate the time you have taken to answer our questions and will miss your thoughts on the questions that are asked of this thread. If someone does not agree with Sparrows words, please start your own thread if you wish for a debate. That is not what was intended for this thread and now the intended purpose is no more.
I hope that Sparrow reconsiders, and that he and everyone else that enjoyed this thread are well.
Hugs,
flutterangel
Old 15-07-2011, 02:25 AM
flutterangel

Agreed on all points. Well said, Cal.
Unfortunately, that's how I'm feeling right now.
flutterangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
I really enjoyed the artwork as well. Thanks Sparrow!

Sharing some thoughts -

Too bad some members seem to be bent on derailing a topic that is clearly directed from and to those who enjoy Sparrow's insights and perspectives. Some folks like myself really value this topic and Sparrow's unique perspective and others clearly don't.

I can better understand now that it's not really what happens but how we each deal with it internally that matters. At least this change of flow does provide an opportunity to practice acceptance.

Old 15-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Deactivated Account
I am also really sad to read the recent posts and see how this thread has gone. It is a shame that even in this spiritual environment some people feel the need to attack others.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Sparrow for his contributions because I for one gained a lot from them.
Old 16-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Cal

Thanks Flutterangel. Nice to see you back.

Yeah, I hear you. Acceptance isn't always easy. It can be depressing.

One piece I struggled with over the past couple weeks is how to reconcile with fundamental types of skepticism and how much science or proof should play into my beliefs, which by the way, tend to change or evolve over time.

To that end, if I were to require scientific proof as the basis for all my beliefs then that which has not yet been discovered could simply not possibly be truth. Seems like all new discoveries would require some belief of a possibility of something which isn't known or true. If it starts in the imagination then why would one want to stifle or disregard their true imagination or personal insights and experiences as part of their process just because others don't agree or believe the same way?

Perhaps this set of beliefs and need of proof is rooted in a belief system as well. Is that what atheism truly is? Really no matter to me either way. I've actually been called an atheist because I don't believe the same as my christian brothers and sisters - about god and the bible.

If one lived 1000 years ago the facts or truths would be would be quite different than what we know today as fact; like the world is flat, earth is the center of the universe, and that molecules, atoms and sub atomic particles do not exist. Yet today we know these things as universal truths. I'm sure there were those back then that ridiculed (at minimum) those that said and believed otherwise. Even when there was scientific evidence that the world was not the center of the universe the leader(s) (orthodox thinkers) refused to accept it because it contradicted with their accepted beliefs. So as history dictates evidence doesn't always matter as much as some may like to think, especially if the evidence doesn't support their their own world view.

I feel strongly that there will be many more discoveries in the future as well as scientific advances that will disprove or at minimum alter many accepted theories and technologies of today. So until then I am comfortable with trusting my own intuition, hearing and learning about others, like Sparrow's, personal experiences. If it resonates fine, if not, fine too. It's all good.

Regards,
Cal
Old 16-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Dear Sparrow,

I was gone for a few days and when I returned, I saw your post. It has taken me awhile to post, as I wasn't sure what to say. Quite the shock and surprise, but I can understand. I am very sad of course, to have you no longer sharing your insights and wisdom here, it is like the flame has gone out and darkness is all that remains. It just won't be the same without you and your contributions, speaking for myself and I am sure there are others too, it was your insights and wisdom we were seeking .... and it was your contributions that were sincerely appreciated and valued by those of us seeking your replies.

I hope that when the timing is right that you will return (ask and ye shall receive )
you are missed more than words can say !

with much love
& sincere appreciation for all that you are, all that you do and all that you share !

Dreamie xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction

Last edited by Adrienne : 17-07-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 16-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
you are missed more than words can say !

Hi Dream Angel. I feel exactly the same way.

Even if I don't post for months, I still follow and often read and re-read Sparrow's threads with much appreciation.

Hoping one day he may return.

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 16-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst
Hi Dream Angel. I feel exactly the same way.

Even if I don't post for months, I still follow and often read and re-read Sparrow's threads with much appreciation.

Hoping one day he may return.

hi Amethyst,

Thanks for chiming in with me. Can't say I don't post for months, lol ... but I do re- read Sparrow's posts and each time, I find something I didn't catch the first time. Each post is overflowing with insights, takes more than one reading, at least for me.

I do believe we will see Sparrow again, til then I am patiently waiting ( hee, hee, you know my patience level Sparrow ! I know, I know... when the timing is right.)

blessings to you Amethyst,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 16-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Cal

Amethyst, Dream Angel and others,

I share your sadness and thoughts on the subject. While I am trying to accept what has happened and understand what purpose all this may have served, I too wish Sparrow would return and continue sharing his valuable insights and perspectives. Not only have i reread many of his posts over and over but I saved many of them as well. Sparrow's insights and perspectives resonate deeply and I am so grateful for all his advice and guidance. I think he will return and continue to inspire those that resonate with his art and messages, just not sure about in this particular thread.

Cal