Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 17-01-2016, 05:59 AM
Master

2016 tarot/oracle/angel card roll call

WELCOME BACK FOR ANOTHER YEAR FOLKS! <3

Here's our annual listing of the decks we're currently rocking and how we're using them. Newbies, don't be afraid to use the search function if you're trying to find another active member who uses a deck you're using/interested in purchasing.

Last year's post - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=92277

I'll begin

------------------------
Hi, I'm tealily and I use:

Tarot
- RWS (+ a Blank Card)
- Fountain Tarot (contains extra card 'The Fountain', emotionally visceral deck. WARNING - thick cardstock!)

Oracle
- Wisdom of the Oracle (deliberately wanted something lighter and fluffier than my tarot decks, but not excessively optimistic)

I also tend to mix decks and mix tarot/oracle at will, because #whatarerules (but that's just how I roll). Looking to add another deck later this year, probably a Tarot deck, but still thinking about what direction I want to go in. Shadowscapes is gooooorgeous though!
Old 17-01-2016, 11:00 AM
55Degrees

I'm having a major re-shuffle of decks this year. So for tarot I'm currently using:

Legacy of the Divine, of course ❤,
Victorian Fairy Tarot
Doreen Virtue's Fairy Tarot don't judge me
Darkana
Bohemian Gothic.

For oracles I'm using :
Shadows and Light
Les Vampires
Enchanted Map
Oracle of Visions
I'm currently developing an oracle from a set of spell cards I discovered among my daughter's stuff she had stashed at my house.

I'm studying Wildwood Tarot and hoping to acquire one or two more decks this year (for one or two we all know it'll be nearer 10 or 12 so we won't kid ourselves )
Old 20-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Master
Tarot: The Shadowscapes Tarot

Oracle: Energy Oracle Cards
Old 23-01-2016, 12:10 AM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
I'm having a major re-shuffle of decks this year. So for tarot I'm currently using:

Legacy of the Divine, of course ❤,
Victorian Fairy Tarot
Doreen Virtue's Fairy Tarot don't judge me
Darkana
Bohemian Gothic.

For oracles I'm using :
Shadows and Light
Les Vampires
Enchanted Map
Oracle of Visions
I'm currently developing an oracle from a set of spell cards I discovered among my daughter's stuff she had stashed at my house.

I'm studying Wildwood Tarot and hoping to acquire one or two more decks this year (for one or two we all know it'll be nearer 10 or 12 so we won't kid ourselves )

Ok forget the bit in red, I've just ordered 3 new decks. That's this year's and half of next year's allowance gone already.

Oops and one on pre-order .

Why do publishers bring out new decks? Why do people on youtube show me their lovely collections....it's a conspiracy against me and my bank card. Well, it's not big and it's not clever! !

I'm convinced I have an Internet goblin that clicks 'BUY' everytime I look at a deck. I've just ordered the Waite Smith Centennial deck, and I don't even like the Waite Smith deck. What's going on????? Make it stop.
Old 23-01-2016, 12:19 AM
Master

LOL you ordered what?
Old 23-01-2016, 09:36 AM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
LOL you ordered what?

I know, I've very recently given my original RWS away to a friend who wants to learn tarot, but I feel kind of naked without it, like I'm committing tarot blasphemy by not owning it. I suppose its sort of like my touchstone deck, it's the system all my other decks have evolved from.
There is loads of stuff to learn from the RWS when you keep digging and I love going though that kind of stuff.

On a plus side, this one comes in a tin and has some PCS art cards in with it and although it's the traditional, colours it has a muted vintage hue. I'm determined to love it
Old 24-01-2016, 03:51 PM
Pathfinder

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but using various decks for years.

My favorite is the Norse, which nobody else seems to use. For me I get the most consistent accuracy from it. Also use Llewellyn as it is just so beautiful!

For oracles I like the Mythic Oracle (greco-roman). Very direct images.

I have a Hanson-Roberts but I'm not fond of it at all. Thought I would love it but the cards don't resonate, at least not yet.

Just got my first Lenormand-- the Enchanted. So far I like it but it takes more work than tarot. Anyone else using it?
Old 24-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Experiencer
Got several Tarot and use them all though I go through "seasons" when I'm more into some of them... so I'll list those that I'm using more right now:

- the Tarot of Marseille (Fournier)
- the Green Witch Tarot
- the Crystal Vision

For the oracles it's the same deal lol! right now, i'm drawn to use:

- The Wisdom from the House of Night
- The Kipper
- The Lenormand

I'm looking forward to buy "The Cat Tarot of Marseille"

@ Singlemalt

Hi and welcome to the forum! :-)

One of the Lenormand I use right now (i have several versions) is actually the Enchanted Lenormand and it's one of my fav! I really like the spread given by C. Matthews. Once you'll get used to it, the Lenormand oracle is very reliable, straight to the point and speaking loud.

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Master Yeshua)
Old 24-01-2016, 06:25 PM
Pathfinder

Shalimar do you offer readings? I did one I need help interpreting.

Or is there a separate thread for this?

Thank you!
Old 25-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Experiencer
I do offer readings but I'm usually quite busy, so it can take me a while to get to them.
I can also help you with the one you've done, though my experience taught me that a reader's connection to his/her deck will often times determine which card will come out to express the message.

In other words, the Fish card might come out for me while you might get another card instead (to express the same thing) just because the symbolism of that card triggers in you a different meaning.

If you look at all the books and courses that have been written on the Oracle Lenormand; you'll see that even though there are similarities of interpretations, there are also some cards that are interpreted differently. Being on other forums where I participated to the "practice thread", I've seen some readers have quite different ways of reacting to the symbolism of the Oracle.

All that to say, I might not react like you toward the cards you got in your reading and my interpretation will be influenced by what I see and how I respond to the cards.
Still, I can always tell you what I feel it is and you can see if it rings a bell for you ;)

Now for your last question, yeah, here would not be the place to post your reading, but you can post it here:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/fo...play.php?f=146

Blessings,

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Master Yeshua)