Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-10-2020, 02:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Moonglow,

Interesting question....thanks. I bring a different perspective that might seem counterintuitive to some. First of all I see that you link Soul/Spirit in a way that appears to regard them as synonymous. I understand them separately. Attempting to be brief I understand soul as the receptacle of all experiences, emotions, feelings, belief.......and inclusive of spiritual experiences. I understand spirit as the receptacle of all that is divine....and being incorruptible so it cannot include anything that lacks divinity. It is possible that the soul can be an impediment to the workings of the spirit or if purified will allow the spirit to do its work unhindered.

In regards to remembering......the words of the communion table of "Do This in Remembrance of Me"....is a call to re-member. Just like the members of the body....when we re-member it is with the intent of giving life to someting....in Christianity....bringing Christ to life. We do the same thing with loved ones....by remembering we bring them to life metaphorically. One passage in the Bible foretells that God "will remember your sins no more". This non-rembrance of sins means that to God they no longer exist.

As far as you asked why does either come here to forget.....I would say that which is forgotten is the contents of the soul. It essentially represents a fresh start with each incarnation. In the case of the spirit.....it needs to be brought alive in this incarnation and when this is accomplished then the union will become apparent.....but conscious effort is needed there....if for nothing more than to make one realize the value of the gift of spirit.....otherwise taking it for granted would denigrate the wonder of it.

Just another perspective to consider.....hope that it does not confuse or upset you.

Hi Molearner,

I can relate that soul is in a way separate from spirit. Where I may differ
is that I feel Spirit rides right along with Soul through Souls’ experiences.

It comes across in a way for me that Soul is the individualization of Spirit, so in this way may seem separate, yet very much in connected with Spirit. Spirit gives life. It seems both separate and connected, which suppose can be hard for the mind to grasp at times. A bit of my take at present.

Yes, Spirit the connection to the divine. The energy that gives life and brings to consciousness our connections. However one may experience this or even call it, IMO.

So, the link I used between the two. Soul/Spirit.

I may again have a little bit different view in regards to bringing Christ to life.
I think it is more “do this in memory of me” is reminding that Christ is already with in and/or with us. The Christ energy or communion with the divine and God.
Yes, through remembering of loved ones the divinity and connections are honored

So, when this life here is over, what is done here is left here and the soul goes back into a pure state?

What you present is appreciated, for that is the basic intent of this thread. Not so much as having a definitive answer, but enjoy the exchanges and widen the view.

I have let go of holding onto just my view point and realize there are many ways to express what is experienced and the divine, life, and how ever one may find that connection.

Thank you
Old 30-10-2020, 02:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob
it's a creative rascal,
likes to play

I can relate to this
Old 01-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Master
Came back to the sharing that some may hold no belief in Soul or God.

What came to me is a question; People who may hold no belief in Soul and/or God, are they less Spiritual?

Meaning, have met those that may hold no belief in God or Soul, or at least what may be a conventional view. Yet, these same people are very loving and accepting. They either just don’t know, so hold the view that it has yet to be proven. Or, it just doesn’t matter all that much.

Each person has his/her ways of viewing life. I think it is more in how one lives his/her life, then what is believed. That is if not projecting onto another in a way that may create harm.

As heard said; Variety is the spice of life.

It is for me, that I find exploring a bit other view points helps to broaden my mind.

Just my thoughts on this.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:08 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Came back to the sharing that some may hold no belief in Soul or God.

What came to me is a question; People who may hold no belief in Soul and/or God, are they less Spiritual?

Meaning, have met those that may hold no belief in God or Soul, or at least what may be a conventional view. Yet, these same people are very loving and accepting. They either just don’t know, so hold the view that it has yet to be proven. Or, it just doesn’t matter all that much.

Each person has his/her ways of viewing life. I think it is more in how one lives his/her life, then what is believed. That is if not projecting onto another in a way that may create harm.

As heard said; Variety is the spice of life.

It is for me, that I find exploring a bit other view points helps to broaden my mind.

Just my thoughts on this.

Sam Harris. Atheist and I suppose what I would describe as a practitioner of secular spirituality. Seems like one of the most decent, ethical and moral people one might come across.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:17 PM
Just saw this thread...it reminded me of something maybe Rob Schwartz said...
Why do we come here forgetting stuff from before?
How do you learn more...having an open book quiz or
a closed book test?

Good one, huh?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2020, 06:25 PM

Why does Soul/Spirit come here to forget it's Union and then when leaving here to remember again.- Moonglow

Now for that it really helps to understand the Creator --- the Nature of the Creator
and why there is a Cosmic Dance, period!
My opinion.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2020, 06:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Sam Harris. Atheist and I suppose what I would describe as a practitioner of secular spirituality. Seems like one of the most decent, ethical and moral people one might come across.

Hi JustASimoleGuy,

Thanks for sharing, will check out Sam Harris. Just skimmed through some of his vids and seem interesting.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
...People who may hold no belief in Soul and/or God,
are they less Spiritual?
Not what you want to hear probably, but I'd say to a friend asking - Why wonder - we have a job here ---be kind,
love our neighbor, don't judge, (and love God, some take that from Jesus)..

No need for comparisons or labels, I say.

PS my atheists friends are more generous and ethical than my Christian friends. Just an obvious observation
over a couple decades.
But since they don't believe in any afterlife or spirits - I couldn't consider them spiritual.
Nicer, more ethical, higher moral standards, sure.

Old 01-11-2020, 06:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just saw this thread...it reminded me of something maybe Rob Schwartz said...
Why do we come here forgetting stuff from before?
How do you learn more...having an open book quiz or
a closed book test?

Good one, huh?

Hi Miss Hepburn,

Good one.

Yeah, how interesting would life be if given all the answers?
Old 01-11-2020, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Not what you want to hear probably, but I'd say to a friend asking - Why wonder - we have a job here ---be kind,
love our neighbor, don't judge, (and love God, some take that from Jesus)..

No need for comparisons or labels, I say.

PS my atheists friends are more generous and ethical than my Christian friends. Just an obvious observation
over a couple decades.
But since they don't believe in any afterlife or spirits - I couldn't consider them spiritual.
Nicer, more ethical, higher moral standards, sure.

Open to hearing many view points.

Yup, accepting one another, would say.

Can relate that if one is not interested or pursuing things of a spiritual nature, then in this sense not very spiritual. Just, in the sense of what may be held as virtue of being spiritual, love, compassion, and such, some reflect these and yet hold no belief in how they may be classified.

Agree, drop the labels and comparisons. Just a thought here; When one does what do you have?

Thank you for your insights and thoughts.