Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Without knowing the words, you attack the religion (Buddhism) ad nauseum. Basic pointers to learn are ignored, and you go on again and again without even understanding what you are talking about.

That is the reason for you to post in this thread and the Veg forum (besides you disliking my posts elsewhere as well). You have never been in the Veg forum before. You take personal issues with me pointing out a discrepancy I see in Buddhist teaching. And I have read the teaching and learned what I can, so don't you be so arrogant to assume I have no understanding or interest in Buddhism. That is quite frankly absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Without respecting that people who choose to not eat meat for ethical reasons do so for ethical reasons - and then surmounting all types of offence. Including disregarding any and all points to the contrary.

Again, you have zero interest in discussing Veg topics. You quickly post some stuff now (if which your judgemental attitude is quickly shown, saying that all who eat animal foods have no light in their heart), but your agenda is purely to attack me. Your very first post in this thread is a rant. The manner in which you conduct yourself is incredibly distasteful. Once you disagree with someone, you can't stop yourself and can't stop not attacking them and ganging up on them, stalking them in every thread.

You may dislike my posts, but I don't hurt personal attacks at other forum members. I discuss topics, whereas you rant at other forum members personally.

I can easily provides links of your attacks you unleashed on many forum members. Here is just one example I find with a quick search: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...&postcount=740 .
What happened in that thread was you posting comment after comment, literally pages entirely made of your posts in which you attacked him.

That is what you always do when you find disagreement with someone.

You are the last person to tell anyone on how to behave, Janielee.

The things I say about human history, physiology or our nutrition requirements are nothing controversial or insensitive.
In your ignorance about these topics you comically fail to realize that eggs/dairy are animal foods and entirely within the range of the Vegetarian forum.

I will continue posting in the Buddhism forum and elsewhere where I see fit and have an interest to discuss a topic.
You may not like the questions I raise, or the topics I discuss, but that is your issue, not mine.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:31 AM
Administrator
If any member feels that they are having problems with another please bring it to our attention.

Namaste
Old 07-09-2020, 11:53 AM
Ascender
I didn't expect things to turn into a soap opera.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:07 PM
Master
I was a vegetarian for around 10 years in my teens/20's. Now for the past year or so could be described as pescatarian. I've not got an issue with alternative views about this subject. If I did I'd probably go to a vegan only forum. I remember your thread about "I welcome judgement" Flexi-Girl.

Last edited by Native spirit : 07-09-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:49 PM
Ascender
[quote=JosephineB]I was a vegetarian for around 10 years in my teens/20's. Now for the past year or so could be described as pescatarian. I've not got an issue with alternative views about this subject. If I did I'd probably go to a vegan only forum. I remember your thread about "I welcome judgement" Flexi-Girl

Thank you Josephine,

I so am glad you bring this up, because it shows how my views have evolved over time, but it also shows that I can make errors too. For instance if I post something, are people going to interpret what I am saying the way I intended it? I have to be more careful in how I make a point because things can devolve quickly.

I think at the time of writing that, I was trying to overcome fear of judgement from other people. I was also trying to be more compassionate, but lately I am seeing there is a time and a place for conversation and time and place to have some boundaries.

When people come into the forum and they bring their judgemental attitude and they show no intention of changing their views, then I have to say enough is enough.

I saw that happening here for a long time. There was a point where every thread was filling up with non-vegans who just wanted to diminish and discredit veganism. It seemed like they were teaming up against vegans and it was becoming less of a place to share and contribute ideas.

Last edited by Native spirit : 07-09-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I saw that happening here for a long time. There was a point where every thread was filling up with non-vegans who just wanted to diminish and discredit veganism. It seemed like they were teaming up against vegans and it was becoming less of a place to share and contribute ideas.

This is true, and I have defended vegans' choices here. They are entitled to their choices to not eat meat, wear leather, and so forth. These are fully respectable positions if one does not wish to contribute to slaughter of farm animals. I only sit on the other side when we get into details about nutrition or specific environmental practices.

But I've defended vegans' choices numerous times because they were getting bashed for simply not eating meat or dairy or eggs. I have done so despite not being a vegan myself, and what do I get for it? Fecking $hite that is, I get indirect attacks hurled at me about stuff I post elsewhere, not related to this forum.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:32 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
This is true, and I have defended vegans' choices here. They are entitled to their choices to not eat meat, wear leather, and so forth. These are fully respectable positions if one does not wish to contribute to slaughter of farm animals. I only sit on the other side when we get into details about nutrition or specific environmental practices.

But I've defended vegans' choices numerous times because they were getting bashed for simply not eating meat or dairy or eggs. I have done so despite not being a vegan myself, and what do I get for it? Fecking $hite that is, I get indirect attacks hurled at me about stuff I post elsewhere, not related to this forum.

I'm genuinely sorry that happened to you, and I respect you for standing up.

However. I absolutely will NOT be held personally responsible for something I had no part of. I have been made the scapegoat, the villain, the evil-doer in the past for someone else's damages because someone needed to vent their frustration and I seemed an inviting target.

Keep this in mind please. We have hardly ever conversed on this website, so bottom line, I have nothing to go on because I don't even know you.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:23 PM
janielee

Quote:
That is the reason for you to post in this thread and the Veg forum (besides you disliking my posts elsewhere as well). You have never been in the Veg forum before.

No, it was not. But I did have you in mind as one of the likely culprits of said opening post.

I apologize for any offence to you, and also to Flexi-Girl for taking her thread off course. I am sorry for that part, in particular. Mea culpa.

As to your other claims, I see no reason to take it up further; suffice to say that I actually am not interested in your posts and typically don't even read them.

Quote:
I will continue posting in the Buddhism forum and elsewhere where I see fit and have an interest to discuss a topic.
You may not like the questions I raise, or the topics I discuss, but that is your issue, not mine.

Of course you will continue posting, and that's fine by me. It's nice to hear that you are open minded though, that's nice to hear.

Best wishes,

JL
Old 07-09-2020, 08:22 PM
Master

Give and take ... If you don't give you won't take. No matter if you (believe that you) are right. You engage people you'll get reactions. You don't want reactions, then don't engage people. Life can be simpler than we make it for ourselves.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-02-2021, 09:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I am not a moderator here. I am not going to tell you, you can't post here but I am allowed to state my opinions.

Over the past several months on this site, there has been an influx of non-vegans posting strong opinions towards vegans and veganism. They come here and arrogantly espouse their anti-vegan sentiment and vegan shaming. They have no intention of learning or understanding other than to argue for why veganism is bad without having done any honest research.

Maybe this thread can be pinned. I saw a post by Debra and meat-eaters rush in to give their bloodthirsty viewpoints. I'm not vegan, but I agree that meat eating is unnecessary - and especially at the scale we do it - plus with the cruelty that is common in these practices.