Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 27-08-2020, 01:33 AM
Suspended
Paleolithic diet

Paleo diet better then vegan/vegetarian? ya thoughts, opinions, facts, experiences?
Old 29-08-2020, 10:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilderness
Paleo diet better then vegan/vegetarian? ya thoughts, opinions, facts, experiences?

What would the paleo diet be? What people ate in the Alaskan tundra? The Brazilian jungle? The desert?

Some places you will find high carb fruits, such as plantain, other places you'd get zero carb. Some depend on fish, others on land animals.
There does not seem to be a universal paleo diet..

It also seems more a lifestyle than a diet, and includes intermittent fasting.
Old 31-08-2020, 06:47 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Wilderness,

It depends what your goals are I suppose.

Because I am athletic, the Paleo/Low carb/keto diet works best for me. For me,it more about eliminating refined sugar & Wheat. I also want to have as less sugar as possible, so I avoid high sugar fruits, and I incorporate intermittent fasting. It's what works for me personally. My soul experience is having that energy to be outdoors and do what I love and my diet supports the lifestyle

There was a really fantastic series on Netflix I forget the title, but the episode was about a holistic doctor who used food as a healing medicine. She cooked a whole salmon head and used many herbs and spices. Its definitely worth looking up Paleo type resources and to be honest, its so simple, basic and easy. Once you remove the sugar and dairy, you lose the craving to eat excessively or foods that are processed
Old 07-09-2020, 12:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilderness

What is a Paleo diet?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 03-10-2020, 02:40 PM
Experiencer

An actual 'vegan' diet, is chosen as an act of compassion. Veganism is something you do for the animals and encompasses diet, clothing, and entertainment. A paleo diet is the opposite of that. So it really depends on your intention as to which is 'best'.
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)
Old 05-10-2020, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What is a Paleo diet?

A Paleo diet is based on eating as we evolved genetically to eat...change it from paleo to paleolithic diet and it makes more sense.....think cavemen!

For instance....our digestive system did not evolve to eat grains....any grains, particularly genetically modified ones like corn which did not exist till a few thousand years ago

In practice a paleo diet actually looks a lot like the Mediterranean diet

Lots of vegetables, fresh fruit, tree nuts and seeds, limited amounts of red meat and fish (more fish than red meat)

Its pretty much how I eat

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!