Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 15-04-2020, 11:33 AM
Pathfinder
Jesus, Luke 21:34 and 35, the Old Syriac-Aramaic Gospel Manuscript

"Now beware in yourselves that your hearts do not become heavy with the eating of flesh and with the intoxication of wine and with the anxiety of the world, and that day come upon you suddenly; for as a snare it will come upon all them who sit on the surface of the earth.” (Jesus, Luke 21:34 and 35, the Old Syriac-Aramaic Gospel Manuscript: Evangelion da-Mepharreshe: the Curetonian Manuscript of the Four Gospels, with Readings of the Sinai Palimpsest and the Early Syriac Patristic Evidence)

https://www.godbrahmanistheoceanoflo...ld-syriac.html
Old 15-04-2020, 11:48 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgarthaZen11
"Now beware in yourselves that your hearts do not become heavy with the eating of flesh and with the intoxication of wine and with the anxiety of the world, and that day come upon you suddenly; for as a snare it will come upon all them who sit on the surface of the earth.” (Jesus, Luke 21:34 and 35, the Old Syriac-Aramaic Gospel Manuscript: Evangelion da-Mepharreshe: the Curetonian Manuscript of the Four Gospels, with Readings of the Sinai Palimpsest and the Early Syriac Patristic Evidence)

I think this was recently threaded in the Christianity forum as well. One sees it often used as a justification for toddleing tea and becoming a vegy/vegan.

I find it interesting that here Jesus warns against become too caught up with wine, eating "flesh", and the worries of life. Yet in church, Christians take communion with bread and often with wine, which is said to be the flesh and blood of Jesus. What do people make of all that?

I also hear echos of Bhagavad Gita here. Does anyone else?
Old 15-04-2020, 11:55 AM
Master
I agree, I don't think it means meat and alcohol.

I wouldn't mind having a go at toddleing tea though.
Old 16-04-2020, 01:18 AM
Master
It never means what you don't want it to mean, but then I am not a Christian
Old 16-04-2020, 01:30 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
It never means what you don't want it to mean, but then I am not a Christian
Ooooo, I like it, I like it even more now! Why can't more of life's instructions work that way? I am not a Christian either! I'm gettin in on this rachet!
Old 16-04-2020, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgarthaZen11

If you read it in context, it deals with being vigilant. If a person over eats and drinks too much alcohol, they might not recognize the signs.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Last edited by BigJohn : 16-04-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old 16-04-2020, 08:39 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you read it in context, it deals with being vigilant. If a person over eats and drinks too much alcohol, they might recognize the signs.

Lead me into temptation so i can become the master of my own ship.
Old 18-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Pathfinder
Personally I don't care what anyone eats. I don't know how to work the quote option and hope this goes to the right correspondent but: Yet in church, Christians take communion with bread and often with wine, which is said to be the flesh and blood of Jesus.

I think that falls under the general heading of things that man added(or omitted) like say venial sin which was added @1000AD in order to garner more money for the bishops/priests what not
Old 19-04-2020, 02:28 PM
ImthatIm

It clearly states to not let your Hearts be troubled.
So if eating flesh and drinking alcohol does not trouble the Heart
then there is not a problem. IMO
Old 19-04-2020, 07:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you read it in context, it deals with being vigilant. If a person over eats and drinks too much alcohol, they might not recognize the signs.

It can also be read in another way, where the heart becomes heavy due to consumption of meat and alcohol. Considering the context of vegetarian food being common throughout the history of civilization ((which does not mean people were vegetarians)) it makes more sense to me to read it like that. Why would they specifically talk about meat and alcohol and not bread and apples?