Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 24-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Newbie ;)

Starting a spiritual based practice? Advice appreciated!

Hi everyone! I just found this forum, and it's so wonderful!! My family has been struggling a lot this summer. My daughter went through a traumatic experience and starting having severe anxiety and even rage. As a single mom running a small business I wasn't able to keep things afloat to the level they needed to be, the delicate balance we'd had came tumbling down and I lost my job, causing more stress to the point that we were both functioning pretty poorly due to what amounts to PTSD.

I went through a dark night of the soul for about a week but am feeling much better. I've found a temporary workaholic position that will allow me to catch back up, but it lasts 3 months and I'm really unsure about what I want to do after that. I have an Elementary Education license but no experience and haven't been able to find a job.

I keep getting signs that I should start a spiritual based business, or get into that type of field. It's definitely on a very short list of careers that I would actually enjoy. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on a practical career path that might not require massive start up costs or tons of schooling.
Old 21-09-2014, 03:29 AM
Deactivated Account

Thought this thread deserved a bump. Maybe now someone will have something to say.

I really hope you find the advice you were looking for. I have none, all I can say is that I can relate to your situation and I pray that you will find strength and peace...both you and your daughter.

But you are a teacher, if you find an expertise in a spiritual practice you could end up finding some kind of guidance or course-like teaching job at some kind of foundation or spiritual school...

Hope any of this, even if just the bump, helps you.

Old 21-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Master

If you are anything like me you want your path paved and marked clearly but that's probably not going to happen. Take it one day at a time and begin sending those intentions or prayers (whatever you want to call it) up. Stay open-minded. What you want may not be what you get.

I like to "float". Sometimes when we get out of our own head, we see what we need to do clearly. I'll say a prayer for you.

Thanks for bumping this Usako.