Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 20-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Water Spirit

What drives you to draw and paint?

Hey there everyone :)
I like drawing and painting and that is why I like going through the treads of people to see what they make.
I was wondering while I was in this sub-forum, looking at peoples drawings and paintings, what it is that drives you to draw/paint.
What drives you to make something, and what kinds of things inspire you the strongest?
What is the cause of you being an 'artsy' person? :)

I am curious :)
Old 26-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Tati Tati

A Mysterious Force~~~~~ A Beautiful Mysterious Force~~~
Before i Create something i feel an amount of Energy inside me ,
ready to be released, ready to be manifested in
the physical reality. Into forms ,shapes ,symbols ,colors etc.
~*~**~*~
I always Surrender to that Mysterious Calling to Create ~~*
~*~*~**~
It's great you love ART ~~`
Old 26-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Master
I never think about it, i just do it because I want to.
Old 27-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Experiencer
Inspiration. A "what-if" thought that comes into my mind & spirals into reality.
Sometimes it is my way of sharing a personal interest.
Like I will paint landscapes of nature because I enjoy nature.
I will sketch my own version of Greek Gods & Goddesses because I like to share my interest of it to other people. To make a connection to those around me & maybe spark their interest as well.
I also do it because I love it & it can be relaxing.
Old 31-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Fibromom

I draw/paint my dreams, visions, etc. I'll feel an increase in energy, then either I sketch them out & later when I paint them I envision my SG's hand inside mine so she's painting & I usually don't know what it's going to be until it's finished.
Old 20-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Carolyn Mary Kleefeld

It is the discovery of my relationship with the universe, the unknown, that propels my translation. The spheres explored radiate a spectrum of seed-images. The wilderness of the unconscious is lush with the gems of infinity. The ancient codes lie in the seams between worlds. They only await the radiance of our conscious light to be illumined, recognized.
Old 30-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Knower
I enjoy drawing and painting, seeing it develop through all the stages until its finished. Most people only get to see the finished result and not the journey. The journey is what draws me back into it(see what I did there). I now have 7 portraits ordered, so I have a long journey ahead! Another motivation is that people can donate money to some greyhound charities that I support, if they order a painting. The paintings are for free, but some people want to give money, which can go to lovely dogs in need.
Old 30-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Ecthalion

Sub-creation. We (or I) love to create, either poems, stories, paintings or drawings. Just imitating the creator.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Knower
I'm not sure how to best describe it, but I have an urge to express my feelings and thoughts in a visual and active way - it's like an itch that you need to scratch before it becomes unbearable. When I haven't created any art for a few days (or weeks!) I become depressed, aggravated or anxious.

In another way I also have moment of inspiration, absolute awe and appreciation for the world around me, and then I want to draw or paint something to honour it - not capture it - but to show my appreciation and to hope that others will see or understand at some level of their consciousness what I've seen and how I feel.
When you allow yourself to flow, you allow yourself to live. When you allow yourself to be happy, you allow others to be happy around you. When you allow yourself to be whole, you help heal those around you.
Old 22-11-2013, 06:23 AM
simcau

For me it's a way of exploring ideas, concepts, dreams, emotions, or realities, and being able to express those thoughts when words alone would be insufficient, allowing them to be communicated nonverbally. It's the ability to grab hold of a thought, freeze it in time, and turn it into something physical.

I've learned more about who I am by creating artwork than through any other means. When you have the capability to create any reality you want on paper with no rules, restrictions, judgments, or requirements restraining you, what you wind up creating is a pure expression of who you are at your core, and what kind of world you want to live in. Events over the course of my life had hardened my exterior, and I had developed a rather negative view of myself. But through the worlds I created on paper, I came to realize that the person I believed to be lost was still inside me. Artwork had become the sanctuary for my true self, living in a place where nothing harmful in the world could reach.