Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Deactivated Account
I think I'm an empath as well, as I pick up on other people's emotions very easily. I'm not too sure on the difference (of there is one) between being an empath and just being sensitive though. I've always been oversensitive, even towards plants and inanimate objects. I get really distressed by the news/sad stories in magazines and end up crying all night and feeling ill so I've had to stop reading anything like that. I've been told to surround myself in a psychic bubble but I don't find that easy to do.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:01 AM
OceanWaves19161

I'm the same as starbuck. I'm an empath but I'm also very moon orientated which makes me very sensitive as well. I find it hard watching certain programs and movies without bursting into tears because I can feel the emotions. I also find it very hard when people around me are fighting...I end up crying as well. The psychic bubble does little for me either I find but I guess not everything works for everyone.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:58 AM
pokeyjo11

I dont like labels really, I do feel things that aren't necessarily mine. Emapthically....lol
I have been a seeker of truth since I can recall, and part of my truth, while peeling my own onion, I found some years ago that it is important for me, when I began to be overwhelmed with emotion or an out of the blue physical pain, is to ask myself....i say "Self, is this mine or am I picking up someone, somethings else's..?" And then I get quiet, breath (the main thing to remember is Don't forget to Breath LOL) and pay attention. I don't always get a detailed answere, but I have found that more ofter than not, The "feelings" began to subside substantially, and I understand this to mean it is not mine. Sometimes I get clues as to who or what I may be able to do to help this distress, sometimes I just send light to the energy.

I have found for me that to ask source to Please balance my intellect and emotions, it helps me like a pitt stop! and I am back in the game/race. :)

Chadley and Lapis I want to thank you both for the enlightening discussion, I realize that there may be great mirrors of recognition for my self on both perspectives of discussion. I thank you both for the Love and Light!
pj11
Old 03-02-2007, 03:17 AM
Guide

Ocean, Starbuck, the reason the bubble/shield/dome of white light is not fully successful is because, even the most powerful ones only block out the stimulous to what has already been stimulated within your field. Putting up the shield is necessary at points so that you do not get sensory overload, however, in the end it is defeating the purpose of your gift in the first place. And that is the exposure of unaligned energies within your own field. This is a tremendous gift and luxury. Putting up a shield does nothing to prevent you from feeling your own emotional charge. When you are ready, be brave and allow yourself to feel the emotions and meditate upon them when they arise so that you can follow them to there source and eventually heal yourself of them so that you can experience what i call "the positive opposite".

For starters, not only put up a shield, put concentrate on sending love and light to the emotional charge. Use whatever method you know how to raise the vibration of the emotion. Emotions are often combined with thoughtforms and can reveal a tremendous amount of information about unhelpful belief systems if you listen with your "inner ear" carefully.

Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 03-02-2007, 09:17 AM
rose

just felt a strong need to say...often people mean well and only want to help. i have a brother in law like that. he is kind and wise and has done much research and learning to find out his path. he becomes a bit evangelical even though his intent is good and clear to many. but he likes to tell people what they already know. if you are a buddhist he will tell you all about buddhism. he can come across as patronising because of this and it irks many. but he doesn't see this because his intent is pure and from his heart. sometimes telling a wise and loving healer that they are a...wise and loving healer....not as an observation but more like bestowing your wisdom on someone who hasn't yet seen the light (when they have been lit up like an xmas tree for years ) , can be taken the wrong way.

chadley...i really am intrigued about your learnings on empaths. and i agree with so much of it. i have learnt so much. you seem to genuinely want to know where you went wrong in your communications here on this thread. i hope the example of my BIL helps.

so well meaning but at a block when it comes to understanding the women in his life. maybe too much of an older brother attitude accidentally stifles the ability for those being bestowed his wisdom, to show him they can be something else entirely.

i am being naughty and interfering. something my big mouth has to learn to zip. but sometimes we have to be naughty and sneak into that kitchen late at night and eat the crumbs :) and help clear the bench.

Last edited by rose : 03-02-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Master
LOL...Rose, you're not naughty! You just call it like you see it, dear. And I'm sure Chadley appreciates your honesty with how you feel about this.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 03-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Guide

Rose, thank you! I really really appreciate your comments. I have re-read much of what I have written and noticed many things which could have been said differently. You know, this really isn't much off topic anyway because we are talking about "sensitives" anyway right. And, it would only be natural for a sensitive to be sensitive to anything that sounds patronizing or rude. I know I can sound preachy sometimes because, to me, it devalues my experience to express things as, “an opinion” when they are really no more an opinion than the law of gravity will cause a rock to fall on earth plane, in my opinion, lol! The things that I am saying are from discovery and experience.

Now, the way in which I differ from your brother in-law is that I do not just come out and offer this information without solicitation or request. If you will look at most of my 200 posts, they are always in response to something already said. This way, I do not assume whether or not someone already knows the information, because I am simply responding to what they are saying.. Please don’t forget that, in this case, Lapis was the first to engage me on this very subject in the Just Curious thread, and I was only responding to what she said. And, if we are really being honest here, I am not the only one who interpreted Lapis’s comments the way my replies suggest. My replies directly addressed the things she said. She stated plainly that there are some, her included, that have more going on in the higher dimensions of soul, I addressed that. She stated that she personally didn’t like the idea of healer’s, I addressed that. Could I not have also taken offense to the fact that she said, “Personally, I don’t really like the idea of healers”. But, I did not. Instead, I simply explained that we are all healers and guides. Was I telling her something she already knows? I cannot see into her soul so I do not know, so all any of us can do on these forums is respond to what is said.

I do want to thank you Rose, your point is well taken and I will consider it with my future posts. Speaking of which, my thoughts are not yet fully expressed (oh brother!! LOL!) On this subject yet, so, if only for my own benefit, my next post will be in the attempts to get this thread back on track and I am going to address the excellent point Pokey has made.

Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi

Last edited by chadley : 03-02-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
hnasc

empath

Once, I was answering emails and I saw an email from someone who had often come to me for healing facilitation. As soon as I saw the email, I literally started to fall off my chair and had to grab the side of the desk to keep from falling down. I was distraught for no reason and very upset. When I read the email, I realized I had been feeling her feelings.

Another time, I was sitting at my home and just suddenly burst into tears. Seconds later, the phone rang and it was someone crying, in crisis.

As a healer, working with people, I so often feel their pain that I consider it normal for me by now but for a long time, it had the capacity to floor me. I finally figured out that I was attaching to it, having a relationship with it.....what I mean is that I was going into sadness or feeling bad for them, etc., instead of just letting the pain flow through and out. Once I stopped judging what was coming through and just let it go, I stopped being overwhelmed by it.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:52 PM
jeace

Hi all,

I agree completely with Rose, in that the problem, here and in many other threads, may NOT really be 'negative' intent by those exposing their 'theory/idea/truth', but how it is received by others,

Our reaction to the words we read is incited by how we translate/interpret them, and it does not necessarily mean a 'negative' reaction is always a response to 'negative' words, but rather to the 'sensitive' points they stimulated in us.

Now, if I may comment on the subject.

First of all, I think all Chadley was trying to say (well, that's how I understood it, at least) is that even if an empath is indeed receiving the emotions of those around him/her, it is up to him/her to 'control' or manage that energy so that it does not 'possess' the individual.

Thus an empath is someone who is too sensitive to the emotions that surround him/her.

However, the individual only acts as a 'sponge' to the received emotions when there is a match inside him/herself.

That's why it does not sound fair for us to say that the agression we experience is someone else's.

It may indeed be someone else's agression we encounter, but if there is no matching energy within us then it would merely be acknowledged and released, and it's only when it meets like energy that it resonates to it.

Thus what I first said about controling that energy would apply as follows.

If a reasonably 'stable' empathic gets showered with someone's depression, he/she will feel and recognize the sadness and react with a feeling of 'compassion', but an empathic who has not managed to have that 'gift' under control, will most likely be hit with the same sadness, and 'sink' with it, if you know what I mean.

In short, the key to handling the 'gift' correctly is not exactly in 'building' a shield around us, but in 'healing' our weak spots so we are able to build a strong filter instead which will catch the 'negativity' around us, as an internal beacon to those in pain, and filter the darkness so we may 'reflect' it back to them as LIGHT.

I also agree with Lapis in that often it is a personal choice some people make before the 'jump' to experience other's emotions, just as we may CHOOSE to suffer certain sickness or disability which may NOT necessarily be a result of Karma.

That's why possessing a 'psychic gift' is not necessarily a tag for a soul's 'development' in the current physical 'cycle' or overall.

A healer cannot heal everything...He/she can only heal that which is open for healing...superficial 'wounds' thus, but the deep wounds remain there, because those can only be healed by the subject him/herself.

A soul MAY decide to live a life as a healer, not only to help others, but to heal him/herself as well.

Now, I think Rose said it all very clearly, but I hope we all realize one thing here...that this is NOT a battlefield, with people intentionally trying to insult others for the sake of having a 'laugh'.

Some people here are passive and others are extremely active 'explorers of truth'.

Sometimes one may say or ask things which may sound 'ugly' to some and 'beautiful' to others.
The active ones are likely to fire their ideas at others as if they're trying to break them, but in reality it's just one's own desire to expand one's knowledge that incites the 'agressive interrogations'.

It is only reasonable to expect that our words may arise emotions/thoughts in some people, which will require more detail, and of course, the more 'truth' we put out in the open, the more details will be asked from us.

We are here to share our 'stories' and help each other, aren't we?
I do NOT doubt at all that everyone here has positive intentions, and that is the ONLY thing I care about.

Last edited by jeace : 03-02-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnasc

Once I stopped judging what was coming through and just let it go, I stopped being overwhelmed by it.

Well said, hnasc. An Excellent definition of Surrender. To heal, each of us must let go of our resistance. We must let the truth flow through us. Areas of resistance are marked by thought forms and emotions that are not in full alignment with divine intention. Resistance to divine intention results in and from the lower vibration. Let go of it, and you are no longer affected by it.

There is no denying that the thoughts and emotions of another can penetrate our energy fields and can be identified as originating from an outside source as Pokey explains. But it is how we are affected by them that indicates how much of similar vibration that we carry.

This is why I describe the energy from others that we react to as the stimulus. The stimulus is only half of the equation. The other half lies within the energy which we carry that attracts it. And the very same energy that attracts it is the source of the reaction to it. Yes, the energy that hnasc felt when the email was opened was not his, but niether was the reason it came to him a coincidence without reason.

This same principle can be applied to being offended. Is it more important to look at the person offending you or the reason you were offended? Are you feeling a negative emotional response when you are being offended (which is implied by the very word)? If so, it would be my humble advice to search out why you are carrying this charge and not focus outward on the person who is the apparent cause.

Jeace, by reading your last post, I really feel you understand what I have been trying to say. You last post was on point, IMO, and well spoken.

Thank you all for your contributions to the topic and not being scared away by the minor disagreement/misunderstanding that happened earlier between Lapis and I. Keep em' comin!!!

Chadley

Last edited by chadley : 03-02-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Closed Thread