Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 25-04-2018, 04:02 PM
Knower

I don’t know what I am doing..

I’m in a dilemma and I really don’t know what is happening.

I am “happily” married (with no intimate relationship whatsoever) and have children too. Everything else apart from intimacy is great between me and my husband. We have been married for 9 years. Everything was ok until recently I met someone online. He’s 11 years younger than me I never thought we would fall for each other.. we just started talking and the way he made me laugh and the way he understood me just pulled me closer towards him. It’s only been 2 months since we’ve known each other but it feels like eternity. He makes me feel so special and so wanted. I had never felt like this in my life.
I think I’ve fallen in love with him and he tells me he loves me. There’s no future between us, he’s from a different country with different career aims and I’m the opposite. Plus I have no intention of leaving my husband. Then why am I being pulled towards him? I am just not able to stop myself. Is this just lust or anything else? Should I stop myself or let love direct me wherever it wants to? The problem is he’s here in my city in June and wants to see me. I’m not sure what is right and what is wrong.
We both know we don’t have a future together then why am I not able to stop myself? Is it just an attraction? I’m confused what is real and what is not.
Any thoughts on what’s happening with my life? I’m almost in a sleep state and not acknowledging the reality.
Old 25-04-2018, 04:58 PM
Experiencer

You are on a sleep state but you are awakening, hence your post.

And this guy that appeared in your life (that you feel attracted to) is also helping you waking up to life.

So in my opinion I don't think this is about this guy or about your husband, this is about you.

The marriage with your husband is more dead than the dead sea, but you still don't want to leave him because you are in your "comfort zone".

Of course you do miss intimacy, because that's exactly what you are supposed to have in a relationship. You are just ignoring that.

I feel you need to take a deep look into yourself and listening to what you really want. You deserve a happy and intimate relationship in your life and a happy relationship, not a "happy" one like you wrote.

But above all, you deserve a happy and intimate relationship with yourself.

An open and honest conversation with your husband wouldn't hurt either.

It's time to wake up.
Old 25-04-2018, 08:33 PM
Lorelyen

You don't say your age on your profile but....deep down you know what you should do.

I personally think you're risking hurt. Does your husband know what you're up to? Intimacy isn't everything. Without it you have a chance to love a person, not sex. Don't mistake the prospect of new romance being 'love'.

How many relationships fail because once the sex runs dry there's nothing there to be together for except biological relief. If sex is secondary and you like the person you're with that has to be good. Just my view.

The choice is yours.

Old 25-04-2018, 09:25 PM
Master
I think what you desire is feeling loved as you are, in totality.
Because you've not actually been in a relationship with this new gent, you don't perceive any judgment or rejection of your being.
Instead, you perceive the possibility of a total acceptance, a love of souls that includes heart, mind, and body. The totality of who you are.

But that is as yet purely hope, based on potentials and possibilities of an authentic love, of a fullness of love. Which you cannot actually obtain with this new gents b/c no future AND b/c you're currently committed.

Olhos and Lorelyen are both right IMO that you need to be open and honest with yourself and see if it is possible to tell your husband that you need to feel loved in your totality. To both give and receive love with him.
AND importantly, that you feel judged and rejected because of the lack of intimacy, and that it's creating obstacles to the free flow of love between you two...at least from your end.

If you were mutually giving and receiving love on all levels -- body and soul, mind and heart -- then you would be much less likely to feel judged and rejected. To feel shamed and at some level unloved in your totality.

Perhaps...you never know...perhaps your husband feels similarly and would love to be intimate once again. It's also possible he suffers from depression, which by itself can kill a man's libido...that, or certain other physical ailments or procedures may be a factor. Otherwise, it's relatively uncommon for a man to experience a total and sudden drop-off in libido, then lasting months or years. However, the other possibility is medication...this could cause either of you to suffer from a severe and persistent lack of libido. Treatments are available for most if not all of these situations.

however, if either you or he aren't deeply loved and desired, then that too is something you'd want to be mutually aware of...and take into consideration. It's not a place most of us would want to be in a committed partnership, even if I agree with Lorelyen that it's the love that centres and drives it all, and certainly not just the sex.

Either way, I agree it's all worth exploring if you love your husband and if he loves you. And you can thank this other gent for awakening you to yourself and to the needs and duties of your heart and wish him all the best on his journey

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 26-04-2018, 12:42 AM
Knower

Thank you so much guys for your opinions..

I might add to the above that I’ve had a conversation with him several times in the past that this lack of interest is taking me away from him. It’s not just sex that’s missing, a simple act of holding hands, hug, kiss everything that we human use to express love. He simply doesn’t express love. After I start up the conversation that I’m thinking of walking out he tells me he loves me but he doesn’t have a habit to show his love. I think it’s natural for a human being to want to express his love. We haven’t had sex in 4 years. I’m a very romantic kind of person and now the thought of me getting closer to him makes me sick. We have drifted apart a long way in my opinion.
I really don’t know what is in his mind but I feel so frustrated that I am having to let this love knocking on my door leave me just because I’m committed to someone else.
Old 26-04-2018, 02:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baybee123
Thank you so much guys for your opinions..

I might add to the above that I’ve had a conversation with him several times in the past that this lack of interest is taking me away from him. It’s not just sex that’s missing, a simple act of holding hands, hug, kiss everything that we human use to express love. He simply doesn’t express love. After I start up the conversation that I’m thinking of walking out he tells me he loves me but he doesn’t have a habit to show his love. I think it’s natural for a human being to want to express his love. We haven’t had sex in 4 years. I’m a very romantic kind of person and now the thought of me getting closer to him makes me sick. We have drifted apart a long way in my opinion.
I really don’t know what is in his mind but I feel so frustrated that I am having to let this love knocking on my door leave me just because I’m committed to someone else.

Alright, you have said you have had honest conversations about the lack of intimacy with your husband before on countless occasions, you say his answer is he loves you, or that he says he loves you. I am confused here, is that what you asked him when you brought the conversation about lack of holding hands, hugging, kissing, and intimacy up? I am missing something here. If it was me I'd personally be asking why? As I am sure, you must have? Well, what is his reason?

What was his reason, and was it acceptable for you?

You see by now if it were be me I'd be point blank asking well am I hideous to you? Are you still attracted to me, or were you in the first place? Are you actually just interested in someone else, and have not said anything? If you are just say so, and we can be done. Whatever your reason is quite fine, you do not have to worry about being honest with me, but tell me your honest reason. If you can't say it I am finished. If you can't be honest with me with a reason for the lack of intimacy, I am finished with you.

Then if he tells me he loves me, I would kindly point out that that is a statement to a question I asked. I would remind him gently of the question. "I asked what your reason for the lack of intimacy on your end is- very well realizing there is also my end too, if I have not attempted being intimate in any way for quite a while with the man myself- and your reason is you love me. Honey, you do understand that doesn't make much sense right? Again I want a reason for the lack of intimacy on your end, and then I will give you my own reason for being a touch remote for all this time, if you can not give me a reason, honestly, I am gone".

But it isn't me and I've never been married. But I generally have no issue at all being forthright and honest with people and asking them utterly point blank, the questions on my mind, weighing at it.

I assume you've asked him why? If you did, he answered in some way. I love you, couldn't be the reason why could it? I am not intimate with you, because I love you? That isn't reasonable, and is not logical, and essentially is dodging the very question.

I think you still may have a chance to help your relationship with your husband perhaps if you actually want to.

You say for the most part you are happy, he doesn't call you names, or get very argumentative over trivial things then? That does not sound too too bad. Does he treat you right? If you need something or want something and he is able to do it, like a night out for dinner he is alright and does it?

So far so good. But yes lack of intimacy in a relationship can be a real problem, and it really isn't all about sex. Not even holding each other at night during sleep, rest? A hug every now and then, a kiss, even a peck on the cheek?

That can make one feel awful.

And then on top of that no reason.

Honestly if you haven't asked him the why of it yet you should. Get it all out. Preferably without hollering and screaming I mean on both ends here either one of you, preferably) there should be no need for that it is just a conversation, and it is about something that is a part of your lives together.

If he does not give you a solid reasonable reason for the lack of intimacy- A reason I personally wouldn't flip out on would actually be I have lost interest- if you both are an older couple- it is natural for both men and women to lose interest now and then. If he actually is depressed like 7 lum has said- that is a valid reason, it is very hard to both feel attractive and want to give affection when one is suffering depression, I would know I've been there, and am there now, so there are valid reasons that deserve a softer tone and conversation and a bit of compassion.

But let us face it, I love you as a reason for a lack of intimacy is no reason at all, you know that, I know that, and he certainly must.

As for the younger gentlemen, well you've said it currently isn't feasible for the two of you to have a future. Well wouldn't be entirely sure of this, is it a financial issue? How old are the children, in school? It would make it more difficult to move schools on them.

And yes the children do have to be considered responsibly. Realize you have said you have been speaking to this young man online for two months. I would simply and respectfully like to caution, that is not a long time to be speaking with someone, and you can find out a lot more about someone in the physical, in the flesh than on an online platform. Including but not limited to, their emotional reactions, in emotional circumstances, how they handle emergency situations, how they react to the careless words and actions of others, if a dude cuts them off in traffic do they holler and curse "You curse word- name call", how do they conduct themselves in public places?

I have literally had an interaction with a man who would grab, holler at the top of his lungs, and assault me in public. And otherwise harass me. He literally seemed to have no self control, in public, or elsewhere.

Red flags. Man. Red flags.

Does he always seem to have an angry look in his eye, or does he have a general look of kindness? Is he polite to others? Or does he lash out? Does he jump at loud noises?

This is body language. Some of it- Jumping at loud noises- the same guy whom grabbed assaulted and seemed to have a problem conducting himself, would jump at loud noises at times. These are signs of past abuse, and an individual with anti-social personality like disorder. Not everyone diagnosed with ASP is going to hurt you, but these people do tend not to feel remorseful of things, and the remorse they are capable of feeling goes only as far as only feeling bad they are going to get into trouble.

All I am saying is you can't verily see these things online. They can't be ascertained on an online platform the same way they can be face to face.

That does not mean meet the guy to find out either.

It means give it time. Think about it.

You've spoken online for two months and are saying you love him. Are you sure? After two months? I am not saying it isn't possible. But I m saying to give this type of thing plenty of forethought and more time.

Perhaps it is different for people these days.

And I perhaps just do not get it.

Perhaps I am too old fashioned for my mid thirties.

But personally, if someone I've talked to online-male- starts telling me he loves me after two months, I'd be running from the screen.

I've suffered too much abuse. And I like to take my time getting to know men.

Most don't bother hanging around enough to take the time to try and know me.

Which tells me right there well enough already how they felt about me to begin with.

Despite all this, no you do not have to stay with your husband either, if you feel the lack of intimacy is something you are unwilling to live with, and honestly if it continues? There is no way I would blame you for leaving. I do not see how anyone else really could either.

I wish you the best of luck, much love, much respect, and many kindnesses.

You deserve all those things.

I don't know what else I can say or some good advice to offer here.... I can not tell you what to do. In the end you are going to have to figure this out for yourself.

But I very much do wish you all the best.
Old 26-04-2018, 03:00 AM
Experiencer
I want to start by stating that I can feel for what you're going through and the mixed emotions to go with it. A couple things you didn't disclose in your post was if there may be any children involved? This is sometimes a tie that binds someone to a relationship that has drifted apart and it definitely is somthing to consider before any hasty decisions are made including when this person arrives from out of the country.

I reallize this is your situation and not mine so I can only advise you on all the things I would consider if I were in your position before you make a decision like this. One thing also to consider is how this will affect your spiritual growth and the path you are on and have travelled so far. Have you considered this? Another thing I would think on heavily if it were my situation is how it will create karma in my life. How many people can actually get hurt...you, this guy, your husband, possibly children? The choices you make all have consequences and you need to think outside the box beforehand and think of all the outcomes if you make the wrong choice. I am not saying not to meet this person but if you do and it creates heartache for someone wether it's your spouse or you when this guy leaves, or it breaks up your marriage it is possible that some day you may have major regrets. If you don't meet up with him you may have regrets about that too. So all I'm saying is think it through and just be prepared on how it can affect you in your spiritual journey or others in your life in the choice you ultimately make, and be accepting of that choice going in to it and prepared for any outcomes from it as well.
Old 26-04-2018, 05:49 AM
Knower

He’s very sweet otherwise and very very caring. Helps me with everything at home and supports me in every decision I make. Maybe there’s a guilt within him that keeps saying that I’m not happy in this relationship. I have small children so for the sake of them I feel strapped to stay in this relationship.
Plus the marriage itself was done in a very hasty way I think. I had just left my boyfriend of 7 years whom I loved dearly and I guessed I jumped into this relationship without thinking what I’m in for. I knew from the beginning that there’s no spark between us but I thought it would get better with time. So wrong was I 😞. By the way I’m 35 and he’s 39 so not that old either to be getting bored of intimacy.
Old 26-04-2018, 07:35 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
I think what you desire is feeling loved as you are, in totality.
Because you've not actually been in a relationship with this new gent, you don't perceive any judgment or rejection of your being.
Instead, you perceive the possibility of a total acceptance, a love of souls that includes heart, mind, and body. The totality of who you are.

But that is as yet purely hope, based on potentials and possibilities of an authentic love, of a fullness of love. Which you cannot actually obtain with this new gents b/c no future AND b/c you're currently committed.

Olhos and Lorelyen are both right IMO that you need to be open and honest with yourself and see if it is possible to tell your husband that you need to feel loved in your totality. To both give and receive love with him.
AND importantly, that you feel judged and rejected because of the lack of intimacy, and that it's creating obstacles to the free flow of love between you two...at least from your end.

If you were mutually giving and receiving love on all levels -- body and soul, mind and heart -- then you would be much less likely to feel judged and rejected. To feel shamed and at some level unloved in your totality.

Perhaps...you never know...perhaps your husband feels similarly and would love to be intimate once again. It's also possible he suffers from depression, which by itself can kill a man's libido...that, or certain other physical ailments or procedures may be a factor. Otherwise, it's relatively uncommon for a man to experience a total and sudden drop-off in libido, then lasting months or years. However, the other possibility is medication...this could cause either of you to suffer from a severe and persistent lack of libido. Treatments are available for most if not all of these situations.

however, if either you or he aren't deeply loved and desired, then that too is something you'd want to be mutually aware of...and take into consideration. It's not a place most of us would want to be in a committed partnership, even if I agree with Lorelyen that it's the love that centres and drives it all, and certainly not just the sex.

Either way, I agree it's all worth exploring if you love your husband and if he loves you. And you can thank this other gent for awakening you to yourself and to the needs and duties of your heart and wish him all the best on his journey

Peace & blessings
7L

You come up with some wonderful posts 7luminaries. As Baybee’s story has evolved here this is probably the answer.

What I most fear for her is not actually knowing the person to any extent. Online allows great things to happen but it isn’t enough.

I truly don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade but when I first wne online around 1996 web romances abounded. People “fell in love” all over the place. There was no Facebook. It was about message boards and chat rooms, favourites because they were real-time interactive. Some were deliberately set up for flirting. Romances flourished, arrangements were made to meet etc. You'd see a couple of people talking and getting a bit personal and one would say "Shall we set up a private room?" the provision for which was there. No doubt a few romances flourished but many brought disappointment, hurt, upheaval. Reports appeared in the MSM, successes and failures.

I was just as guilty. The prospect of new romance in faraway places caught me out but as I sat there typing away I knew I wouldn’t be flying off. My parents wouldn’t have allowed it anyway for several reasons. And I think it was this thrill of the new-fangled internet. Things have changed, the way things happen, but the function is still there.

Baybee says they don’t seem to have a lot in common – which in itself doesn’t mean much because no one wants everything in common – life could get very dull. But – as you say – they are fulfilling a need (for Baybee at least). If people appreciate each other, take an interest…well, tantamount to care about the other it has to be worth something. It’s a fact that no one owns another being or their emotions but it is possible to feel a mutual belonging, a special acknowledgement that resolves as a gaze into the other’s eyes, a kiss, a hug that’s says so much way beyond the peremptory, a sigh that says “You are more than ‘the other half’, you are deeply a part of my life". You don’t have to talk all the time but you know.
= = = =

So, Baybee, it is a bit of a dilemma. If you aren’t getting that acknowledgement and it’s something for which you yearn then you may have to follow this up. At the same time, the man is those few years younger so, were I you, I’d put no more faith in it than a fling, a wonderful fling and it may just trigger a deeper interest domestically. Then again it may become something bigger. Please always bear in mind the effect on the kids, though. You say they're young so this will have an effect. I feel that 7luminaries' advice is most pertinent.

All the best. Peace and light. pax luxque tecum.

Old 26-04-2018, 07:45 AM
Knower

I have no intention to leave my husband actually because of children. They need both of us atleaat until they finish college. Then this guy I met was a friend first and his positivity towards life got me attracted towards him I guess. But at the same time we both know that there’s no future between us. We have made it clear. I love talking to him and so does he. That’s all so far.
I don’t mind just chatting with him as I won’t consider that to be cheating? I might be making my own theory here 😝. But him being in my city will definitely mean I’ll want to meet him and god knows what will happen after that. I’m scared thinking of that aspect more, the guilt that’ll come after meeting him.
I guess I’m finding the answers to my questions here. I wouldn’t want to live in guilt all my life.