Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-04-2019, 01:59 AM
Suspended

Obsessing about Death

If this thread is in bad taste please delete. Sorry about that.
But I have to admit I can be quite obsessive about thinking about my death.
I am in no way suicidal.
A famous counsellor once said that our chief anxiety is fear of death. So all our other little anxieties come from it.

Like anyone I think I will need courage. Courage to face my final hours. How will I handle pain? Severe pain. How long will I be in pain? Will painkillers work? What if they don't? Will I die alone? Will I die in poverty?
As I write this I admit this is a very narcissistic trait of mine. Self-absorption. We should be worried about others. And our life now, not thinking about death.

As a Christian I need to pray more I know.
Old 21-04-2019, 02:27 AM
Master

According to studies, fear of public speaking is rated the #1 fear, before fear of death.

Fear of posting, due to anonymity, obviously doesn't align with fear of public speaking ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-04-2019, 02:46 AM
Suspended

because speaking in public is death for the ego
Old 22-04-2019, 01:25 AM
Pathfinder
Why are you focusing so much on the end of the road?

Did you know that the process of passing out every night and then coming to in a dream, is exactly like the process of dying and waking up on the Other Side?
Old 22-04-2019, 01:27 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dather12

Did you know that the process of passing out every night and then coming to in a dream, is exactly like the process of dying and waking up on the Other Side?
no I didnt
Old 22-04-2019, 02:41 AM
Experiencer
Another thing to think on is depending upon were you are on your path of enlightenment you don't wish to obsess or think on something of that nature too much. We have the ability to manifest things into our lives and you need to try to shift your thoughts to something you want to come to you that is good for you not anything that you don't want.
Old 22-04-2019, 04:34 AM
Suspended

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
Another thing to think on is depending upon were you are on your path of enlightenment you don't wish to obsess or think on something of that nature too much. We have the ability to manifest things into our lives and you need to try to shift your thoughts to something you want to come to you that is good for you not anything that you don't want.
i acknowledge what you are saying is correct and helpful.
Old 22-04-2019, 03:48 AM
Master

Quote:

Actually ... waking up from your dream is like dying; dying it's waking up to your essence.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Master

Quote:

You may be new here Dather12 but you certainly are not wet behind the ears...
Old 22-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Suspended
Quote:

Very well said.