Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 17-09-2019, 01:44 AM
Deactivated Account
I am going shopping for new spiritual journals.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 17-09-2019, 06:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciona
I am going shopping for new spiritual journals.

What type of Journals? Do you mean magazines?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-09-2019, 02:23 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What type of Journals? Do you mean magazines?

No not magazines, I do a lot of journaling right now in my journey, so I'm always buying different kinds of writing journals and notebooks. I've taken a recent liking to dot journaling, also called bullet journaling, so I bought two. A sky blue one for my self care work and a pink one to help me organize my goals/calendars/to do lists. The pages consist of a dot grid instead of lines. You can basically create whatever you want, some people create really elaborate systems using them, create subpages and keys, or draw in them. It's whatever suits you, personally.

My systems are going to be pretty loose in comparison to other peoples but I really like the creative control it gives you around organizing concepts. I'm going to create subpages/lists and do concept maps, among other things. I also need a lot of color in my life so I'm going to take an artistic approach and use different colored pens and stencils. You can also create your own calendars inside and make them as large or as small as you want, it's totally up to you.

I feel it's a good step for me to take because I can feel my brain responding to the idea of being able to think in new ways. I was so excited the night I ordered them I couldn't sleep. Both sides of my brain were firing like crazy and I could feel the right 'visual' side of my brain talking to the left 'logical' side.

Old 19-09-2019, 05:03 AM
Master
This sounds very new to me. It is something I have not heard of before. Will have to look into it. Is it a new concept?

Old 19-09-2019, 03:40 PM
Deactivated Account
It's been around since about 2013 and was created by Ryder Carrol to streamline his life. You use the different symbols and the index (I won't have an index lol) to plan and make brief entries instead of having to write down long sentences. One website I looked at called it a combination of planner, diary and meditation. Carrol has a website and actually refers to it as a mindfulness practice. Carrol uses a way more complex index than I would ever want to use, like I said my system is going to be much more loose and artistic and freeflowing, more elaborate in a different way. I think that's what I find so great about it, is the individual control it gives you over how you organize yourself and conceptualize different ideas/topics and your life. The possibilities are endless really.

I've always been very frustrated with calendars and planners because they just weren't meeting my needs. I find them very inefficient. I don't like to do lists all over the place either so I've been using a lined moleskin notebook but I also hate having to have a separate calendar from a planner. And I also hate the page sizes of most planners. I hate not being able to control the size of the calendar squares in books or calendars or be stuck in some system where I can't use my imagination because my imagination is how I create and plan in the first place. I hate the lack of color. A few extra lines on the side of a margin doesn't begin to help me. I really like the dots instead as they can work both ways.

Last edited by Ciona : 19-09-2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old 19-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Master
Sounds great.

Old 21-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Deactivated Account
They're here!

Time to get out the gel pens!!

They're huge!

WAHAHA, the POWER! ...………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. .................................................. .................................................. .............

Old 21-09-2019, 10:41 PM
Master
A bottle of Cognac.

Old 21-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Master
karpersyjii intent secetryy for lt i am

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 22-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
karpersyjii intent secetryy for lt i am

Very important.