Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old Today, 11:38 AM
Pathfinder
Maybe we're getting stuck on words here, but imo there is no 'finite'. There only appears to be limits. What we label as the mind and the body, for instance, have no limits. Where does the mind end? The body is always changing its apparent limits.

So there is no issue of the finite being in the infinite. As I see it, apparently finite 'things' appear and disappear within the infinite. So there is only ever the infinite. Consequently 'the infinite' is just what is, and the term 'infinite' only describes it in terms of what it is not, i.e. not finite.

The issue we have is that in trying to describe What Is, we use reflective limited words. I consider it similar to listening to relaxing music - some people need soft music to relax, but it is better to embrace the silence. People mostly need the words to point to that which is, but it's better just to be. It seems there is a path from listening and learning, to being. Yet being is what we timelessly are.
Old Today, 12:25 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
I say and believe all of this in the context that the finite and the infinite are not seperate from each other, the finite and the infinite are literally, not figuratively one!
It seems the difference is between believing and knowing which is not to be confused with intellectual knowing. Knowing is not the same as knowing or belief, nor is it a product of sensory perception or intellectual investigation. The only possible thing that can be said is "It's like <insert metaphor/analogy>.
Old Today, 12:58 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
Consequently 'the infinite' is just what is, and the term 'infinite' only describes it in terms of what it is not, i.e. not finite.
That's a good point and I'll relate it to how Advaita approaches it. It's a two step process, the first being an intellectual and contemplative process understanding what It is not. The second step is realizing (not by intellectual or contemplative means) everything It is not is nothing apart from It. That you are in fact It.

https://youtu.be/kPdsAPlK2Js

It's just a teaching method going from the known to the unknown, kind of like trying to point to something that would normally elude the eye noticing it. See that big pine tree? That's not it. Okay, see that big branch 2/3 of the way up and sticking way out? That's not it. See the first very bright star directly above the end of the branch? That's not it. See the three dimmer stars in a line above and to the right of the bright star? That's not it. Follow the line of those stars and three times the length of the line they form. See the very faint star all by its lonesome? That's it!

Last edited by J_A_S_G : Today at 01:45 PM.