Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 13-11-2020, 12:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

The limiting factor is our thought patterns which are like bad habits. Our personal creative force, our inner child, resonates with that energy. It does not know about good and bad thoughts. It has no judgement on our thinking. So it creates what we think we deserve.

If you believe you should be punished for some thing your inner child will make that happen. The key to well being is your outlook on life specifically how you think.

John

Interesting thoughts. But if our inner child is running around making all the decisions then nothing would get done. lol But one thing I wonder is if our inner child has no judgement or view of good and bad. How does it think we deserve anything? I would think the environment would have more effect on the inner child. No? Shouldn't the inner child be oblivious to such a concept.

I do believe if I feel like I should be punished for something I will make it happen. In my own mind and perhaps through my response to environment. My personal belief is that the inner child responds to the environment. More so as external forces influence it. After all life is a shared experience with all that we interact with. But if that is the case. It is our inner child that is conditioned by the environment and sets the beliefs for our future self. Also if true. It would be the place to reprogram ones self. It is not till we get older that we have a better understanding of our environment.

This is a concept I will explore farther though.
Old 14-11-2020, 01:12 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyscott
Been trying for 20 year to remedy haven't figured it out. Perhaps you have some wise words of guidance. Or a process that might bring all these unprocessed and unfelt emotions to light so I can figure out how to Remedy them?

Hi thisguyscott,: )

Remember where these unprocessed and unfelt emotions stem from and first arised.

Relive the experience,process and release.

Ps.Paul McCartney and Wings.. With A Little Luck : ) : ) : )
Old 15-11-2020, 12:04 AM
Aditi

Quote:
True. I am very intellectually aware of many of my inner limiting beliefs. But I still find blockages for certain things that I have been unable to overcome. And these are not consciously associated with a belief system per say.

To explain it farther. This would be a type of example. Say I want to do the dishes in the sink. I know intellectually I want to clean the dishes. But I just don't do it. I put it on my to do list but it still doesn't get done. There are many parts of my life like this. So how would one associate that with a belief system and rectify it. I know I can do the dishes as I have many times before. So the belief is not limited in that sense. Anyway basically I know what I have to do. But things are stifled.

It does not seem to be as simple as giving it my focus. Because my focus is on it and aware of it. The problem is getting myself to take action. It's like someone buys a gym pass with full intent on using it but stops after a week. Now I have heard people say. You just don't want it bad enough. If it is just as simple as desire. Then why do most of us not accomplish our goals. So what exactly is the limiting factor?
This is not a deep answer, but one thing I found genuinely helpful for procrastination was convincing myself,
"it's easier to do the thing than it is to think about doing the thing"
-I might have learned this from Ajahn Brahm... not sure.

As soon as you notice a thing that needs doing, don't let yourself think. Do it. Immediately. Or as soon as possible. And then you won't be wasting any thoughts and feelings on reminding yourself because it will already be done. Speaking from experience, if you can do this for a while it will become a good habit.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:31 AM
Experiencer

I like what everyone has shared on this topic. Probably the most important topic for me. To find my sanity while being disturbed both from within and without. Wondering what is wrong with me that I cannot find peace. And what if anything will make a difference.

My path also seems strange and personal. That is why I frequently do not know what to say because everyone has different circumstances. So it is hard to guess what may help someone else. And also wonder how to avoid harmful advice. Hopefully this is a useful ramble.

The term I would use to describe what is required to get through it is "inner determination". Finding within yourself the drive to keep going no matter how hopeless or crazy life seems. Navigating the healthcare systems seems to rely on that kind of focus and determination. Which seems somewhat cruel and unfair requirement for people with mental illness who already struggle to create order from chaos and despair. Or worse when they are actively involved in self-sabotage. But that is how it is.

Anyhow for a successful therapy relationship I believe there are at least three critical elements. Safety, sanity, and autonomy. The first step is safety. With regard to mental health, spiritual practices or anything else in life that does not lead directly to safety needs to be questioned. This is the inner path where the most courageous meaningful thing you can do is to face your inner issues head-on and figure out what works and let go of what does not work.

Frequent sessions at first to get into safety, and then regular meetings for a while, with the eventual goal that you will be on your own. But it can take years. It is a tricky business and scary when you cannot trust your instincts or your own mind. While at the same time you are expected to trust someone else. You must question everything about yourself while at the same time trying to structure it. The path out of madness requires a journey through deeper levels of madness.

It is no wonder that most sane people tremble at the thought of visiting a therapist for any length of time. At most they would rather go only to get Rx for anti-anxiety meds and get done as fast as they can. The ones that stick around don't have that option. Thankfully we have new techniques such as EFT that can move through the issues faster with less pain and good tangible results that give you encouragement along the way.

Spiritual circles explain mental illness in terms of evil, dark forces, demonic possession, curses, sins, awakening, shamanic visions, UFO abductions, past lives, karma, kundalini imbalance, etc. Sometimes there's truth. Sometimes divine petition is suggested as a solution. Sometimes it is just mind over matter. But when you have already lost your mind there's not much help there. Sometimes they offer unhelpful judgements or warnings that stoke our fears of unseen dangers long forgotten or never even considered previously. It all becomes unreliable mess of too much information and stimulus. So while I am fascinated by all of those topics I prefer a therapy that has nothing to do with all of that.

Therapy is a shared journey of exploration where your beliefs are examined based on whether they are leading toward or away from inner peace. And hopefully the therapist can help while respecting your pace and process. There will be disagreements and that is a good thing. As long as there is a safe place to discuss. In that way therapy is like a "do over" for relationship issues that caused pain in the past and things never got resolved. With impartial listening and respect. Just to have someone there to be with you while you sort things out.

It requires a good therapist who can maintain proper boundaries and that you trust. Not necessary to have agreement. But they must be able to refrain from burdening you with their emotional needs for validation. And they should model behaviors that will likewise allow you to self-validate rather than to rely on the opinions of others. Their primary role is to help you navigate, organize, and resolve your distress. Not to allow their beliefs to interfere with your process. It is about you and not them.

My first therapist would not even hint at whether or not I should have continued sessions with him. When I was getting frustrated because I felt hopeless about therapy I said "I don't even know why I am here". He boomed right back at me: "Why are you here!??" No way out. I had to make my own decisions about whether I was done. To face my own lack of confidence. To deal with whatever was holding me back. Right then and there.

It was a brutal moment where time stopped and landed on hopelessness and loneliness I felt my entire life. But this time someone was with me. A new perspective. Shared in the presence of another. So your whole being must recalibrate based on a new way of seeing things. That's what therapy is about. Another way to find yourself by way of relationship with another.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:36 PM
Ascender

It is absolutely disgusting how many of these threads about people with mental health issues having demons, or that they are cursed.

Here is someone everyone else thought was cursed and had a demon also!:

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:10 AM
Master
My god, we must be all crazy then. Science does not support us or validate spiritual existence.
Old 13-03-2021, 11:24 AM
Pathfinder

It really doesn't matter is spirituality real or not. Lots of ill people believe it is and if its just a coping mechanism it could be a road to cure for lots of issues for some people. Therapist going with "truth" of a patient and being their guide on "a journey" is no different then a "spirit guide" or "a Shaman".

I listen recently to some psychiatrist example of an interesting case. He had a woman patient that had post pregnancy depression and wanted a second child so she went to psychotherapy to prepare herself. After first child she would some times wake up 2 AM and be really angry and violent to her husband for no apparent reason. He tried "traditional" approach but didn't seem to get to the root of a problem. Once her husband came with her and because therapist knew that in Chinese acupuncture 2 AM is liver he asked her to just go inside herself and describe her liver. She would say she see pink and dark parts, he said concentrate on dark parts. Then she said she was in a dark room with a child, turns out she was keeping a secret from her husband that she had an abortion when 18. Therapist then talked to this unborn child and he said he is angry and wont leave, was bitter because he had no chance for a life. He couldn't reason with a child so he went even deeper within an unborn child talking through this woman and he talked with a demon inside a child that said it was holding his rage and anger. He then appeased the demon saying "You did an excellent job at that but now is my time to take over you can go" lol After "banishing" the demon child was more acceptable to compromise and they made a deal that he would go but could return to play with children. Woman had no more problems.

Same as exorcism, does it really matter how you define nature of an issue? Is it just a psychological internalization of a patient that leads to cathartic resolution or demons exist like a real separate entity? From a perspective of a patient only important thing is finding a cure. In the west they just give everyone a pill and that in most cases doesn't cure a thing it just masks effects.
Old 14-03-2021, 10:18 AM
Master

mental health science

Quote:
I know all the doctors I have seen in the past have all told me there is no such thing as magick and such. But sometimes I wonder if mental health issues aren't just a strong lingering curse. I mean psychiatry is sort subjective to the accepted reality. And like I said all the doctors I have talked to don't believe Magick is real. Or at least that is what they say. So how does science bridge that gap. If science can't validate the unseen world they can never accept it as a reality. And never really deal with the underlying problems with mental health. That is of course if mental health issues are caused by something other than just a chemical imbalance in the brain.

The sciences in general deals with cause effect analysis .In case of material sciences , these cause effect can be put in quantifiable numeric terms which can be sort of universal while on earth . In case of social sciences like economics , politics ,psychology the cause effect is not quantifiable in numeric terms . But still all these are sciences .

Now insistence of some people who claim to be scientists , only material phenomenons (which can be reduced to numeric formulation for cause effect description in limited time and space ) can come within the ambit of science. Now this is self limiting and damaging the science itself . Spiritual phenomenons which are subjective and operate at larger time and space can still be described higher or lower , greater or smaller , intense or mild even though numeric formulation may not be possible . Based on these degrees , possible ranking can be there but not absolute numeric universally understandable and acceptable formulation can be there. So when practitioners of all social sciences (mental health professionals in ur case) accepts this and accepts spirituality also as a science and never invalidate these science in their respective sciences , the problem will be resolved . The reason why we face problems in all these sciences is because their many of their tenets come in direct violation of the tenets of spirituality .

In sciences , technology and reality u can accomplish great results only and only if you follow all tenets of all relevant sciences.
e.g. a model of boeing which made some simple mistake in computer programming, led 2 aircraft crashes of otherwise airworthy planes and recall of that model from all countries. So its very important in material and spiritual world to be compliant to all relevant applicable laws and rules .

To explain my case (to do away with numeric formulation requirement) , I would take very common day to day life experiences to put forward my case . e.g.

1. IF we taste some tasty food , all we can food is tasty or say 'taste of the pudding is in eating ' , u can describe its sweet , salty , pungent , sour etc but u can never put an absolute number to it . In reality nobody tries to assign a number to the taste of the food and if ever somebody tries to do that , people will brand him/her as fool. Still u can have recipe contests and tastes of the food can be ranked by curators . But still no numbers can be given.

2. Similarly we can not assign numbers to beauty , fragrance ,melody etc .

All these are routine day to day matters and we absolutely do not insist on numeric formulation in such matters .The same way people should do away numeric formulation requirement in spiritual matters and that will be very much rewarding .
Old 25-05-2021, 12:57 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

spirituality brings mental peace. I've been practicing yoga as well it really help me a lot.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer_maan
spirituality brings mental peace. I've been practicing yoga as well it really help me a lot.

How does yoga help you?