Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-12-2020, 06:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
This thread's title is "What is the afterlife like? " and the answer is 'variable'. The best and most accurate answers come from teacher/guides and those who have passed over and return to tell of their survival.

From what's been told we learn that there are 'permanent' areas and others that can be transient or just personal to those who create them for their own enjoyment/comfort.

So you hear about flowers, trees, landscapes, mountains and seas, as examples, things that can be seen and enjoyed by more-or-less everybody. Then there will be creations that in effect are experimental, created by those who feel they need them for whatever reason they may have. Those may be transient creations, used only as long as needed/desired and disappearing when they're no longer held in existence.

That's just SOME of what the afterlife's like.....

I'm afraid I've missed out of meeting those teachers and guides as well as those who have returned to tell us how it is on 'the other side' - although I have spent the whole of my life deeply involved in exactly these interests. In addition I have to say that in my younger days I was completely prepared to accept anyone who would have been able to 'point me in the right direction', there's not much I have not undertaken to get answers to my questions. I'm happy today that it never happened - nor could it have done - of that I am convinced and thankful. To call any report(s) from guides and teachers as being 'accurate' seems to me to be somewhat excessive.

We've been 'told' a lot of things, most of them, if not all, coming from very doubtful sources. In fact if we were to make a list of all those things which humans have reportedly experienced as being 'strange' we'd have a very long list indeed. Making head or tail of the whole could be quite difficult.

These sunny fields of flowers and mountains and seas I've experienced myself (as well as quite a number of other quite astounding things) but in all cases I recognise that it's my mind that is doing the work and not some sort of supernatural force.

Our imaginations are the most potent things and many of those things we have in our minds are a result of illusionary deceptions based on false assertions or beliefs. Get a good story going and millions will turn into followers. The collective mind as well as the individual mind can excel itself in many ways, get a few things into the picture and we'll believe anything.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 13-12-2020, 07:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I'm afraid I've missed out of meeting those teachers and guides as well as those who have returned to tell us how it is on 'the other side' - although I have spent the whole of my life deeply involved in exactly these interests.
That's sad.

Quote:
In addition I have to say that in my younger days I was completely prepared to accept anyone who would have been able to 'point me in the right direction', there's not much I have not undertaken to get answers to my questions.
Yet you haven't succeeded.
Quote:
I'm happy today that it never happened - nor could it have done - of that I am convinced and thankful. To call any report(s) from guides and teachers as being 'accurate' seems to me to be somewhat excessive.
What do you know to show how their words are wrong, their accounts not accurate?

Quote:
We've been 'told' a lot of things,

You haven't according to what you said above.

Quote:
....most of them, if not all, coming from very doubtful sources. In fact if we were to make a list of all those things which humans have reportedly experienced as being 'strange' we'd have a very long list indeed. Making head or tail of the whole could be quite difficult.

I accept you have found the doubtful sources but thankfully I haven't or rather I found some that left me without doubt. I too have certainly heard some nonsense but I've also heard material that's not nonsense, accounts corroborated in various ways by different communicators. I guess it comes down to how lucky we've each been in our search for information?

Quote:
These sunny fields of flowers and mountains and seas I've experienced myself (as well as quite a number of other quite astounding things) but in all cases I recognise that it's my mind that is doing the work and not some sort of supernatural force.

You haven't experienced the ones you will experience after your passing.... I don't know exactly what you DID experience but you didn't die so you didn't experience (this time) what will be found when you eventually do....

Quote:
Our imaginations are the most potent things and many of those things we have in our minds are a result of illusionary deceptions based on false assertions or beliefs. Get a good story going and millions will turn into followers. The collective mind as well as the individual mind can excel itself in many ways, get a few things into the picture and we'll believe anything.

In this last paragraph you make an excellent argument for not listening to human beings for your guidance. I agree with those very good points.

Last edited by bobjob : 14-12-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Old 14-12-2020, 08:27 AM
Master

[quote=Untersberg56

In the tradition of Christianity, what one has to do to achieve this very aim was stated at Fatima in 1917. It was nothing new, having been known at least seven centuries before then. A strange thing for the "first and foremost" requirement of the Seeker is that discussion of the matter cannot be found in these forums since what has to be done is rather onerous.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Fatima was a very strange occurrence.

Very strange indeed that the Virgin Mary should appear in a tree to three uneducated peasant children in order to prepare the world for three prophesies which, in the end, turned out to be as clear as those made by Nostradamus a few centuries ago. In other words one would expect any messages from on high to have a distinct meaning and not be just a jumble of indefinable sentences.

Fatima has always fascinated me so I have spent a lot of time on its meaning. Haven't actually found one yet.

The number of people present at the time the sun moved and was seen to change hue is recorded as being between 20,000 and 120,000. So obviously things aren't quite solid in the varied reportages. There was a large percentage of those people who didn't see the sun move at all. The three children were among those who saw nothing untoward.

We also know that those astronomers all over the world who were present on duty in their observatories at that moment didn't see the sun move, nor was it seen to move in Spain - next door - or in Norway.

The only people who saw the sun move and change colour were those 'who saw the sun move and change colour'. A fact which in itself is rather suggestive.

Later in the century there were some strange things such as at El-Zeitoun in Egypt - a series of appearances of the Virgin Mary which went on for years, then there was the Hindu Milk Day in the nineties where all Hindu statues were suddenly capable of drinking milk - All this and many more can be googled.

In my opinion all things odd and strange have an explanation which belongs to the natural world and the laws which bind it. We just have not yet discovered all the twists and turns which the universe allows.

Two other fascinating and strange but true reports are to by found by googling:
Mathew Manning and Mirin Dajo.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

- Mark Twain.
Old 14-12-2020, 08:31 AM
Elfin

....it's better than this life !!!
Old 14-12-2020, 08:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
....it's better than this life !!!

Don't say that Elfin - your honest directness and spontaneity shine through like a beacon. You are an extremely valuable person. Stay as you are.

- Mark Twain.
Old 14-12-2020, 09:06 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Don't say that Elfin - your honest directness and spontaneity shine through like a beacon. You are an extremely valuable person. Stay as you are.
Oh darling .....but it's the truth.... Who in the whole wide world would want to be here on earth with all its trials and tribulations .... Given a choice ?..... And I KNOW we chose this.... Why ?... What made us so blumming crazy ????......
Old 14-12-2020, 10:13 AM
Administrator
I would have to agree with Elfin except for one part, that is we choose this Life
I totally disagree with that.
I remember being born and not wanting to be here. so i dont believe we choose our Lives

I would not have chosen to be born into the family that i was born into. or to the Life i am living.

Namaste
Old 14-12-2020, 11:10 AM
Legrand

I came out from my mothers womb with a double turn of the umbilical cord around the neck, by the feet first. I really did not want to come out.

Yet it turns that I was lucky in this life.
Old 14-12-2020, 11:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Oh darling .....but it's the truth.... Who in the whole wide world would want to be here on earth with all its trials and tribulations .... Given a choice ?..... And I KNOW we chose this.... Why ?... What made us so blumming crazy ????......

We can't consciously know what we don't remember hence can't recall.....

When we were away from this earth environment we knew things, we understood things, as pure spirit individuals and we had helpers. We made choices for the lives we wanted to lead based on what we understood and were helped to understand as discarnates.

I don't consciously know what choices I made although I suspect I know the basis I made them on. Some claim to know stuff but they know only what they can recall - we can't know in detail what we've forgotten or can't recall.
Old 14-12-2020, 11:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I would have to agree with Elfin except for one part, that is we choose this Life
I totally disagree with that.
I remember being born and not wanting to be here. so i dont believe we choose our Lives

I would not have chosen to be born into the family that i was born into. or to the Life i am living.

Namaste

What you recall, Native spirit, is how you felt when you entered this world. What you don't recall is what considerations you gave to the choice you made to reincarnate this time.

Additionally things may not work out the way it was hoped, the life you ended up with may be different from the life you wanted - there are no guarantees everything will turn out well. But you may have chosen the difficulties you've faced as a way of progressing spiritually but you won't know that until you return to spirit on your next passing.

Our daughter entered this world very much the way you entered - we were told that by a medium friend on many occasions. He told us our daughter had had a previous life (or lives) that left her afraid and insecure about returning to this world. Her early times here certainly seemed to confirm that given the difficulties she faced and we faced.

We were also told we'd been chosen to provide a life for her this time that would help redress the trauma of her previous ones. Thankfully that worked out, she blossomed and has gone from strength to strength.

When my wife and I kick our clogs we'll get to learn - we'll become re-acquainted with - the full story. I say "re-acquainted" because these things can be the outcome of plans made way earlier than most of us appreciate.