Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-10-2020, 05:47 AM
Pathfinder
Grandmother died 3 days ago

My grandma died 3 days ago. I miss her dearly. She has been on a downward slope for a while but I’m blessed to have been around and Wednesday had some good belly laughs with her. I know she isn’t in pain any longer and I know she is with grandpa her sister brother my dad and my brother now which brings me comfort. Life keeps throwing punches my way. I’m tryin to not let all these deaths around me dull my light. Just trying to “be here now” and live this thing we call life.

Anyway thanks for listening.

Love and light to all!!
Old 22-10-2020, 05:52 AM
Master
I am so sorry to hear about your lost.

A few years ago, I drove over 2500 miles in 47 hours to be with my Mother when she died. It was I who announced to the family she had died. Then I went down stairs and cried.

One of my sisters, set up a room in her house of our Mother's stuff. For that sister, Mom never left.

Death is something we all seem to have issues with.......

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-10-2020, 06:05 AM
Pathfinder
I’m so sorry thank you for writing me big John.

Death has been more unsettling the more I’ve experienced my loved ones pass. For me I’ve always been spiritual and believe their is only physical death but honestly now I’m beside myself bc I have yet to feel anything from my brother he died a year ago 8/31/2019. Out of anyone I would image my own twin would find a way to contact me. (I know these thoughts might be unhealthy but I still hold hope) Hopeful to this day or maybe I’ll hear or feel something from my grandmother or my dad anything to help assure my beliefs bc I think that’s my main reason for having such a hard time with death...the unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I am so sorry to hear about your lost.

A few years ago, I drove over 2500 miles in 47 hours to be with my Mother when she died. It was I who announced to the family she had died. Then I went down stairs and cried.

One of my sisters, set up a room in her house of our Mother's stuff. For that sister, Mom never left.

Death is something we all seem to have issues with.......
Old 22-10-2020, 06:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraTaurusEnergy23
I’m so sorry thank you for writing me big John.

Death has been more unsettling the more I’ve experienced my loved ones pass. For me I’ve always been spiritual and believe their is only physical death but honestly now I’m beside myself bc I have yet to feel anything from my brother he died a year ago 8/31/2019. Out of anyone I would image my own twin would find a way to contact me. (I know these thoughts might be unhealthy but I still hold hope) Hopeful to this day or maybe I’ll hear or feel something from my grandmother or my dad anything to help assure my beliefs bc I think that’s my main reason for having such a hard time with death...the unknown.

Sometimes.......
we try to hard to make contact.

I wish there was an easy way to do it.
I hope you do get to make contact. Keep an open mind. You might have already made contact but did not realize the signs. (just me rambling.... I hope it will help you).

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-10-2020, 06:45 AM
Pathfinder
Thank you BigJohn. I appreciate your rambles!

There have been moments where I thought to myself was that Joe?! (My brother) for example a song played after a friend prayed for me a song commonly heard by my brother and I ....some other times was when I was driving 2 different times I was close to an accident being hit and somehow some way it didn’t happen at one point I swore I saw time pause and go slow mo but fast at same time hard to explain but I was like whoa that car was def coming in my lane but somehow didn’t and somehow I didn’t loose control I was going pretty fast on an interstate. Other times I get lucky for whatever reason I say o that was Joe but really ...what do I know? I’m just a human being. Thanks for being hopeful and rambling with me.
Old 22-10-2020, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Im sorry for your Loss. Death is just a part of Life that many people struggle with.

Namaste
Old 22-10-2020, 02:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

There have been moments where I thought to myself was that Joe?! (My brother) for example a song played after a friend prayed for me a song commonly heard by my brother and I ....some other times was when I was driving 2 different times I was close to an accident being hit and somehow some way it didn’t happen at one point I swore I saw time pause and go slow mo but fast at same time hard to explain but I was like whoa that car was def coming in my lane but somehow didn’t and somehow I didn’t loose control I was going pretty fast on an interstate. Other times I get lucky for whatever reason I say o that was Joe but really ...what do I know? I’m just a human being. Thanks for being hopeful and rambling with me.

Over on afterlifeforums we've discussed on many occasions why those bereaved don't get messages - signs, symbols etc. - from their loved ones. It is hard to understand but it's been consistent, recurrent guidance there that we should not discount the 'coincidences' such as you describe above.

We can not understand what it's like to communicate 'through the veil' back to this dreary, physical world but we're told it's often not easy. Of course there are always those eye-catching examples where someone recently passed returns to confirm their continuing existence within days or even hours. Sadly that's more the exception than the rule and others have to find whatever way they can to send their message.

My suggestion to you is that these happenings in your life are not happy happenstances, not just serendipity but much more likely to be your loved one(s) helping you along in life, watching your back and desperately hoping you are realizing it's them or him, your brother!

And I didn't use to see things that way at one time.....
Old 22-10-2020, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:

From what you have written, you probably have already made first contact. 'They' might have as hard a time as we have in making 'contact' so keeping our 'eyes' open for all possible signs, etc. can only improve the chances for contact.

As for me, I once was on a winding mountain road. I was going fast and heading to go over the edge of the road when all of a sudden, something grabbed the car and put her back on the road. To this day, I do not know what happened.... but I do speculate.

Old 19-11-2020, 04:39 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Over on afterlifeforums we've discussed on many occasions why those bereaved don't get messages - signs, symbols etc. - from their loved ones. It is hard to understand but it's been consistent, recurrent guidance there that we should not discount the 'coincidences' such as you describe above.

We can not understand what it's like to communicate 'through the veil' back to this dreary, physical world but we're told it's often not easy. Of course there are always those eye-catching examples where someone recently passed returns to confirm their continuing existence within days or even hours. Sadly that's more the exception than the rule and others have to find whatever way they can to send their message.

My suggestion to you is that these happenings in your life are not happy happenstances, not just serendipity but much more likely to be your loved one(s) helping you along in life, watching your back and desperately hoping you are realizing it's them or him, your brother!

And I didn't use to see things that way at one time.....
I also struggle with my beliefs and death of loved ones and hope for some sign .. but nothing?
I have been a seeker since childhood and read all the psychic and spiritual books but seek to validate my beliefs. I always thought my Pisces sign gave me an advantage. Now I am much older and think about my mortality and think about those loved ones that have passed or will past and wish I could validate my beliefs on after life.
Old 19-11-2020, 06:35 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehope
Now I am much older and think about my mortality and think about those loved ones that have passed or will pass and wish I could validate my beliefs on after life.
I, too, think as you do but I am lucky I don't have doubt. I wish I knew how to help you feel similar.
Quote:
I also struggle with my beliefs and death of loved ones and hope for some sign .. but nothing?
I have been a seeker since childhood and read all the psychic and spiritual books but seek to validate my beliefs. I always thought my Pisces sign gave me an advantage.
I wish I could say or do something that gave you the reassurance you crave but I can't. I, too, have not had personal proof of survival but unknown to me my wife did. She held back from telling me for fear of how I'd react but later something happened for me that left me wondering how to tell her about it.
We were both fortunate that each of us was able to totally accept what the other had to say.
I've gone way beyond that simple realisation whereas she hasn't and I tell you that only to illustrate how things sometimes turn out differently from what we expect.
I totally get how important it is to you and I do understand how despondent you must feel after searching for your own evidence and that leaves me sad.