Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 10-10-2011, 08:04 AM
mac

"I think that too many see Spiritualism as a venue only for psychic work and not for spiritual sharing."

It doesn't help any that the former flagship publication for Spiritualists was Psychic News.

Postings about 'spiritualism' rather than 'Spiritualism' is a common occurrence, often with very specific points about 'spiritualism' being raised which have absolutely nothing with the fundamentals of Spiritualism. (a point I made in my earlier posting).

So exactly what is "spiritual sharing"?
Old 25-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I'm banging the same drum I always bang - this forum is for discussions about 'Spiritualism' - I have a sticky posting explaining this philosophy and religion at the beginning of the forum. Please take a look. Discussions on general spirituality do not really belong in the 'Spiritualism' forum - suitable forums are available and appropriate.

You're right, Mac. I'm not s Spiritualist, and don't profess to know much about the subject: but just from reading the Thread headings in this sub-Forum, it's obvious that people are equating Spiritualism with Spirituality.

Where is this Sticky of yours? I couldn't find it.

Jim
Old 25-10-2011, 07:28 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
You're right, Mac. I'm not s Spiritualist, and don't profess to know much about the subject: but just from reading the Thread headings in this sub-Forum, it's obvious that people are equating Spiritualism with Spirituality.

Where is this Sticky of yours? I couldn't find it.

Jim

I guess you found that earlier posting in an old thread? The 'Sticky' disappeared a long time ago when the website underwent some changes - I wasn't asked to submit another piece although I'm fairly sure I did offer.

Yes you're bang on right about spirituality and Spiritualism. I've grown weary of constant battling to separate them and nowadays I spend less effort trying.
Old 25-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Charlies Angel

I was raised a protestant Christian, but within the last 5-6 years my parents have discovered they have certain talents. My mother is a medium in training now and my father is now a healer. They started attending a local spiritualist church and they told me about the religion and the people they'd helped and everything they said just clicked with me. I'd never been a very good Christian. I was always a very good human being, but I didn't believe in a lot of what the bible said, but everything they told me about spirit and the afterlife, just seemed so real to me. It was like for the first time I realised that I belonged in this faith.

I still believe in some aspects of Christianity, but I consider myself as a spiritualist or spiritualist christian.
Old 25-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Tabitha

I don't classify myself as belonging to any particular faith just now, but I felt prompted to read a bit about matters relating to spirits, the afterlife and suchlike after experiencing several years of unexplained activity in my house. (I'm not sure if it was/is a spirit or not, and am still trying to make sense of it.) I like what Spiritualists have to say about what happens when we die. It makes the most sense to me, and I sincerely hope it is true. I was brought up Catholic, incidentally.
Old 26-10-2011, 06:37 AM
glenos

Read the Silver Birch books and be left in no doubt.

G
Old 26-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Tabitha

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Read the Silver Birch books and be left in no doubt.

G

Oh yes, but the fundies will tell me that all that's just "evil spirits" trying to deceive us, won't they?

I so want to believe it, I really do.
Old 26-10-2011, 07:37 AM
glenos

Why listen to the loons? Seek and you'll find all the evidence that you need. Then belief won't come into it...

G
Old 27-10-2011, 10:14 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha
Oh yes, but the fundies will tell me that all that's just "evil spirits" trying to deceive us, won't they?

I so want to believe it, I really do.

As G tells you, Tabitha, look at the evidence and think it through for yourself.

I don't believe any part of what you're wanting to believe - from what I've learned I understand the situation. I don't do belief. You can do the same should you choose.

As for "...."evil spirits" trying to deceive us...." you'll be able to judge for yourself. Silver Birch, along with others, teaches love, caring and service. He also taught that you should reject anything he says which offends your reason. His teachings expects nothing from anyone. He offers his words to anyone who chooses to listen and judge for her/himself.

Is that an evil spirit trying to deceive, do you think?
Old 25-08-2019, 12:55 AM
Master
I used to go to some of the Spiritualist churches.

One Church I used to give about 2-3 talks per month.

Had some really good times.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜