Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 16-10-2010, 12:48 PM
SandybytheSea

Unfortunately Lindsey, many would.
"If man was created in the image of God, and et doesn't look like man, then either et was not created by God, or there is no god!!!!!"
(Not what I believe, but what many do!)
Perhaps the truth is more that God was created in the image of man.

I suspect that et is far more spiritual than humans anyway. If they can achieve such technological advancement that they can get here, and have not killed each other and wiped their planet out in the meantime, then they must have something going for them. I sometimes wonder if we will make much more advancement in technology, we've already invented a zillion ways to wipe each other out instead of putting our intelligence to more humane use like how to overcome poverty and prevent disease. But that would be too easy, wouldn't it?

I'm with your Dad. If we are to have a chance on this little blue planet of ours, then we are going to need some inspiration from those who have risen above such aggressive attitudes and petty squabbling. The mere fact that they have shut down missiles is enough for me to know they are not here to eat us, lol.

And by the way, it's not really odd about the Pope saying they are our brothers and we have nothing to fear from them. The Vatican knows a WHOLE lot more than they ever say in public (what would you give for a day locked in their archives, lol?) At least by the vatican saying they are our brothers, the world might begin to come to terms with their existence, although sad to say that very few people know that this announcement was made (and that it appeared in the Vatican newspaper) a few years ago - perhaps they need to get a better public relations manager, lol.
Old 16-10-2010, 02:56 PM
ColForbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandybytheSea
Unfortunately Lindsey, many would.
"If man was created in the image of God, and et doesn't look like man, then either et was not created by God, or there is no god!!!!!"
(Not what I believe, but what many do!)
Perhaps the truth is more that God was created in the image of man.

I suspect that et is far more spiritual than humans anyway. If they can achieve such technological advancement that they can get here, and have not killed each other and wiped their planet out in the meantime, then they must have something going for them. I sometimes wonder if we will make much more advancement in technology, we've already invented a zillion ways to wipe each other out instead of putting our intelligence to more humane use like how to overcome poverty and prevent disease. But that would be too easy, wouldn't it?

I'm with your Dad. If we are to have a chance on this little blue planet of ours, then we are going to need some inspiration from those who have risen above such aggressive attitudes and petty squabbling. The mere fact that they have shut down missiles is enough for me to know they are not here to eat us, lol.

And by the way, it's not really odd about the Pope saying they are our brothers and we have nothing to fear from them. The Vatican knows a WHOLE lot more than they ever say in public (what would you give for a day locked in their archives, lol?) At least by the vatican saying they are our brothers, the world might begin to come to terms with their existence, although sad to say that very few people know that this announcement was made (and that it appeared in the Vatican newspaper) a few years ago - perhaps they need to get a better public relations manager, lol.

"Through the present moment, you have access to the power of life itself, that which has traditionally been called "God." As soon as you turn away from it, God ceases to be a reality in your life, and all you are left with is the mental concept of God, which some people believe in and others deny. Even belief in God is only a poor substitute for the living reality of God manifesting every moment of your life." - Eckhart Tolle.
Old 16-10-2010, 05:13 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandybytheSea
I suspect that et is far more spiritual than humans anyway.

Sandy, yes! That has certainly been my experience with them.
Old 17-10-2010, 02:18 AM
sunny shine

I am unable to understand why all of you are thinking God's image of man in physical form

We all are united in spirit and am sure we also know spirit does not have a form.
Old 17-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny shine
I am unable to understand why all of you are thinking God's image of man in physical form

We all are united in spirit and am sure we also know spirit does not have a form.

sunny shine, I don't think that humans are able to conceptualize "God" as anything else but a human figure. For thousands of years we have been taught that we are special creations of Gods. That the universe and all in it was for our benefit. We can't even agree if there are demons or not; if there are really angels; if there is a god; is it male or female; if god even exists.
To realize that there are different beings, we are put back into the indigineous role. Instead of Europeans coming to our soil , it will be beings who look different and have different beliefs and goals. Suddenly we are not the 'favored children' of God anymore. Remember when invading people justified all of their conquests by reasoning that the subjugated slaves and tribes had NO SOULS?
How are we going to deal with such a different position now? Beings who are obviously our superior in technology ? That moves us down on the ladder of superiority.
How many of us visualize God as a highly evolved spiritual entity who does not have physical form ? How many of us can visualize our own souls without giving it a human form or outline ? What will we do if aliens have a different view of God and spirituality ?
It may seem as if I am rambling, but I am in fact not. How many of us grew up during the Star Trek beginnings? Do you remember some of the instances when the crew even had a hard time accepting races of beings who were so very disimular to our own form? So as a collective whole, how will humanity deal with aliens? We , as a species, do not even have the freedom of religion; women do not have equal rights; people still stave; there is a caste division yet. With so many issues of our own, how will we be able to relate to extra-terrestials that look and behave in a different manner of our own?
Old 17-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Lindsey89

Summerland,
We will all have to deal with it in our own ways. I'm sure that people still wont belive it even if one shakes their hand. Just like sunny shine said we are all united in spirit. So who is to say that ET's as well don't have spirits? I'm sure they do. Unless they live forever and a day and don't need one if u know what I mean? And I agree with you i was just talking to my mom the other day and I said "mom why are we spending billions of dollars on something that can rid the whole planet but we wont spend 20 dollars on just one starving person to eat or buy them clothes? It makes absolutly no sence to me. If we got rid of the hate (of course we wont ALL always get along but we have to find a middle somewhere right?) then we could just move on. Some contries have been fighting for years. And for what? because they don't view god the way you choose to view him. Or They look a little different? And there are a million reason as to why they fight. Look at us the USA. I love living here but the people who boomed us were just a few who didnt like our government right? but yet we go over there and bomard them and stick guns in their face?

I'm aginst war it makes no sence to me. I think we just need to all sit in down and talk things out. It's like this.

Someone beats you up. So you find someone to beat them up they get there frinds there family and you get yours and then your friends frinds and so on and so on. It'll never end because you want revenge? And then we all end up batterd and dead because you decided to get even. Its a never ending vicious cycle :\
Old 17-10-2010, 03:03 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny shine

Hi Sunny

I think people get confused by the Bible verse about God making man in His own image... forgetting that the image of God is faceless and non-physical! I personally interpret that statement in the Bible as saying that cloaked in physical bodies though we may be at present, we too are non-physical by nature. To me, God is an energy, a force, a loving consciousness. I actually view the term God as a verb, rather than a noun! But then I view love that way too

I also think that loving energy or force is able to project and express Itself in many ways. It is all-knowing, all-powerful, and everywhere-present, thus it is the animating force that dwells in all living things, including animals, plants, rocks and minerals.. even planets! Certainly God can take many forms, including the ever-popular one of Father and Mother. That I think is the one most of us are most comfortable with.. a loving parental figure who, though not physical, never-the-less presents the attributes of a loving parent.

I use a lot of different names when referring to God... the afore mentioned "Father/Mother God", Creation with a capital "C", Divine Oneness, All-That-Is... the list goes on and on! I think it less important that we all agree to see God in the same light as that we recognize it as the unifying power that connects all things. What do you think?

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 17-10-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 18-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Summerland

I don't feel that I will have a problem with aliens looking different. What I fear is that there will be a large part of the population of the world who will have a problem. There are all the horror stories of being abducted and tortured to begin with. They will have a different appearance and people will say, "Oh, how can they have a soul when they don't look like us? " Then there will be " Did Jesus die for their sins also?" As for myself, people think I am strange because I feel that trees have spirits. Religion will be heavily impacted by the appearance of aliens. And perhaps the Pope coming forward was at the request of governments to lessen the fear factor.
Old 18-10-2010, 03:07 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
I don't feel that I will have a problem with aliens looking different. What I fear is that there will be a large part of the population of the world who will have a problem. There are all the horror stories of being abducted and tortured to begin with. They will have a different appearance and people will say, "Oh, how can they have a soul when they don't look like us? " Then there will be " Did Jesus die for their sins also?" As for myself, people think I am strange because I feel that trees have spirits. Religion will be heavily impacted by the appearance of aliens. And perhaps the Pope coming forward was at the request of governments to lessen the fear factor.

You make some very good points, Summerland. I too feel trees and rocks and mountains and even the earth itself possess a governing spirit that animates them! And I think that the other forms of life in the cosmos are equally part of God as we. I believe in Divine Oneness, and that includes them!
Old 19-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
You make some very good points, Summerland. I too feel trees and rocks and mountains and even the earth itself possess a governing spirit that animates them! And I think that the other forms of life in the cosmos are equally part of God as we. I believe in Divine Oneness, and that includes them!

LightFilled Heart, thanks for the acknowledgement. Everything has a spirit and I know that aliens would be included in that. I saw a huge UFO when I was 15 and had absolutely no fear of it. I felt that it was aware of my observing it.. Personally I fear FOR the aliens. Our expectations will be that they provide all of our problems since they are so much more advanced than we. Our energy problems, our health problems, our in-fighting problems~~~~ the list is endless. And when they want us to do it on our own, this world will turn on them.

However something is brewing in the world. Too many UFO sightings being made public, retired Air Force officers going network public , So American governments going public with their task forces, TV series, even more UFO movies. If you back up a few steps and begin to look at the larger view, there is a pattern developing.