Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-04-2024, 07:50 PM
Master
The difference between very large numbers and infinity.

A while ago I was having a discussion with a mathematician online. It was very educational. He pointed out that huge numbers are still not infinity. You could say that all the atoms in the universe add up to a huge number, but it would not be infinity.

Which leads me to speculate that God and His consciousness is probably a huge number but is not infinite. Omni-consciousness is kind of an impossibility.

The reason I say that is because in my life I have experienced much UN-consciousness. Things and places where consciousness does not reach. Besides - if omni-consciousness existed there would be no relativity what so ever. There would just be the absolute. No parts, people, ants, leaves, atoms etc.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-04-2024, 09:27 PM
Ascender
God is infinite, relative too is infinite; that's my opinion.
Let's take mathematical symbol pi for an e.g., it never ends and it contains all possible number combinations. But at least that can be talked about in language while higher realities within God even defy the power of our human brains to comprehend.
Old 01-05-2024, 02:14 AM
Master
That depends greatly on what/who you think God is.

I will note that even the physical part of you is infinite. Your electrical and gravitational field continue to expand infinitely (unless someone deletes the universe).

If you define consciousness like a scientist as part of the physical universe, then it being very large or infinite depends entirely on if the universe is infinite.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
That depends greatly on what/who you think God is.

My theory is that if God was infinite then there would be enough wealth and love for everybody. But my senses pick up that many of us are left wanting. Imagine if the mind, the ego and our desires were satisfied to the full. Imagine no poverty or disease. Imagine that everyone has enough love. That is what infinity implies. Instead we have a world where there is endless suffering.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:05 AM
Ascender
I can just say that God is too great to be comprehended by us, but one of the things we can do is to have a personal relationship with loving God. I even feel shy of saying that as i'm nobody to describe God; saying this influenced by my more direct experience.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
I can just say that God is too great to be comprehended by us, but one of the things we can do is to have a personal relationship with loving God.
I even feel shy of saying that as i'm nobody to describe God; saying this influenced by my more direct experience.
I second this. Oh, except I'm not shy about it! LOL

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-05-2024, 09:11 AM
Master

infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My theory is that if God was infinite then there would be enough wealth and love for everybody.
The question pre-supposes many things like
1. God is concerned only with human species on earth and no other species
2. Only problems of humans are worth discussing and resolving and there is no need to talk and think of other species problems .
3. Prosperity is grand panacea of all ills .
4. Prosperous people are full of love and are devoid of greed and fear. Conversely poor people are unable/incapable to experience joy of pure love.

Obviously the premises of the question do not withstand scrutiny of God and in all probability the question too does not hold water .

My understanding of all the grief and suffering in the world is to provide people with infinite suspense / thrill/ mystery / excitement / joy /challenge to the seekers . Suffering and grief are happiness delayed and NOT denied .

God is infinite for the right asking and behaves very much stone-like-finite , limited and even unconscious if we do not meet His criteria.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
...God is infinite for the right asking and behaves very much stone-like-finite , limited and
even unconscious if we do not meet His criteria.
Could you explain this more, thanks.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-05-2024, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
discussion with a mathematician No parts
No one thought of it, but there is a relationship between infinity and uncertainty, but relativity exists as an infinite because the relationship between dual entities is a definite quantity, but what that quantity is, is utterly indefinable and completely abstract. In short, duality is infinite, yet no single 'part' exists in and of itself.
Old 01-05-2024, 01:29 PM
Master

infinity and unconsciousness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Could you explain this more, thanks.
First a small clarification - this is general statement and there is no far or remote alluding to anyone or anyone's statement.

Now for me infinite is relative like the wealth of top billionaires is infinite when compared to ours though it definitely has some numbers though very large.

Spiritually God is infinite as we can not count and compare the value of everything we get like fresh air , food , water , sunlight ,friends and family ,sleep , our digestive system etc. Deficiency of any of these can lead us to disorders and we dont know ourselves how to control it / create it.

Now one crucial thought that came up is there is unconsciousness . I would only say that consciousness is there but we dont know how to feel it . Below examples will illustrates .
1. Vast deserts contained fossil fuels which propel the entire transportation of the world .
2. A stone may be diamond , bulk medicine , rare earth material . Only the experts can know. For laymen everything is same.
3.Air carries radio waves and wifi signals .This was same even before its discovery.
4. A small atom can generate electricity for cities or can destroy cities if exploded in right way. Only nuclear scientist can do that . For laymen like me it simply does not have consciousness .

Now coming to quoted statement God may shower lot of wealth on someone and may not give any wealth to someone. That's because He create a story viz HIS-story ie history with myriad role players to bring variety and fun in our life. He can not change role at random . Now if one wants to change his/her role in the universal script , he/she needs to convince this universal script writer (ie God) , he/she is the best role player for the same.

The way normal play writer/director gauges the suitability of every actor for every roles , God too does check and allows a role change for the suitable one. That is His exclusive and final prerogative . In this sense depending on context God may sound different to different. Normally prayers,due diligence, modesty ,honesty , fairness are the thumb rules by which He goes. Those who know His ways , he is infinite and those who dont know it or fail to know it may say God is unfair / finite or does not even exist.

Hope my contention on this is clear.