Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 07-06-2011, 05:25 PM
spirit72

Talking There finished!!! YAHHhhh:O)

(((Hi))) My twins ( Ben & Bonnie) are finished... it has taken me two days to sculpt the babies, and put them together, paint them and make sure there all moving right...
Then it has taken four days to make all there clothes, and little chairs, and I am really pleased with them

I am really proud, it has taken months of practise to get them to this standard, just waiting for more clay to make some more :O)...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1020.JPG (99.2 KB, 42 views)
Old 07-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Master
OMG how cute I'm amazed you have a lot of talent to do that, thanks for sharing...so so cute.
Spiritlite.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Master
So adorable~is this the first time you've done this? That's amazing!

Old 07-06-2011, 05:38 PM
scorpiowitch66

They are adorable!! Well done!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:45 PM
spirit72

Arrow

Nooooooooooo lol I have been doing these for quite a few months now, and have over 20 in my collection... Thanks for your lovely comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
So adorable~is this the first time you've done this? That's amazing!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 PM
iolite

They are amazing!! So, I have questions...

What sculpting material are you using....
How did you learn to do the faces....
How did you get started????

My daughter and I have been playing with sculpy for a few years now and if you have any tips and hints or books about doing faces, we would really love it. We've been playing around trying to do fairies without much success.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:20 PM
angelleem

Love them you must have sooo much patience :)
Old 08-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
So cute - I love them! You are really talented! I really like the little sleepy one :)
Old 08-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit72
(((Hi))) My twins ( Ben & Bonnie) are finished... it has taken me two days to sculpt the babies, and put them together, paint them and make sure there all moving right...
Then it has taken four days to make all there clothes, and little chairs, and I am really pleased with them

I am really proud, it has taken months of practise to get them to this standard, just waiting for more clay to make some more :O)...
Those are amazing! Great work! :)
Old 08-06-2011, 10:01 AM
spirit72

Arrow

Hi there, Iolite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
They are amazing!! So, I have questions...

What sculpting material are you using....
I use Super Sculpey Polymer Clay
How did you learn to do the faces....
I found that watching youtube was a great help, to understand the ratio's to the face, and working from picture, even if you have a doll to hand turn it side on and study the side view, gives you great clues as to were to build the face up... I always use a small ball on tin foil inside the head.O and also you could order a push mould from Ebay, of a baby face for sculpy clay, they really help to get the idea and you can adjust the features to open eyed smiler or sleeping baby...
How did you get started????
I have been making these babies since I was small, but it was only plasticine available then, and you could not fix it :O( I got back into sculpting these when I discovered the wonders of sculpy a few years back, and it's been a learning curve since... One thing I would say though is don't use the oven to cure your models... I use a heat gun that I got with my Genesis paint (heat cure paint) with small 5 second blast of heat is cures without the flap surface were the clay has sagged, and you have more control, I normally just use a heat proof dish, and once it is fairly solid push the peace around under the heat to cure...
Hope this helps, if I can be of any more help please just ask, or P.M me good luck

My daughter and I have been playing with sculpy for a few years now and if you have any tips and hints or books about doing faces, we would really love it. We've been playing around trying to do fairies without much success.
I have just finished a baby fairy, he is on youtube here is the link take a look, he is only 4cm tall lol
http://www.youtube.com/user/spirit72.../6/uvWGg8Ic0go
My other babies are on there two, and you will see the change over the years, as I improved..