Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-04-2022, 01:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdronin
I have made a slight change in my method,-Breath deeply as muscles relax progresively
That is what it is good to do because that will help enormously. Keep relaxing then do an ap technique. If technique does not work then it is because we are not relaxed enough. Keep going back to relaxing then technique and keep repeating. It will work if you are deeply relaxed. That is what I am going to do for now on. After reading ScienticExplorer on how he does it and after reading an ap book, it has made me realise that the reason I am having problems is because I am not relaxed enough. I read it is extremely difficult to ap if you are not deeply relaxed. That is the main reason why it is taking a long time to succeed. Lying on the back is not relaxing so it takes longer to relax. As we know lying on the side we have a high chance of falling asleep.

The other problem is falling asleep. I am the same as you. I do not get an indication that I am about to ap and I fall asleep. At times I do get a warning but a lot of times I do not not. I am going to go back to looking through my closed eyes and getting into the habit of it. That will give me an indication that I am getting close.

ScientifExplorer had a good idea about keeping a record of how we are doing. I have started that. I have a spreadsheet and I type if there was anything different that happened, even twitching, jerking, hand moving etc. Even if nothing happens I still write it. That will help keep it in our minds that we are serious about wanting to ap and hopefully making it easier. The authors advise to keep a diary.

I would suggest to keep doing the relaxing and technique for ap for at least one month. That is what William Buhlman says to do. It might have been longer than one month. Things may not work straight away but it might start working soon with practice. Also keep up the meditation. It helps to relax.
I have not been able to access the forum. It was lucky that I got into it. There have been problems.
Old 12-04-2022, 06:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdronin
-Visualize you are in an elevator going down and you see the rock wal and the floor number, but most importantly feel the going down sensation.
Do a technique that is easy for you and you enjoy doing it. If the technique is hard then it will be harder to do. If you like that technique then that is good. The feeling down sensation sounds really good. That is likely to help you a lot to ap.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:20 AM
Experiencer

Thanks a lot AstralSuzy for sharing this, yes, its true, when we lay on our back its not confortable at all so we take our time to relax, still this is something I manage to do more or less accurately (I think), at least I manage to not feel the limbs position so it has to be well that way I think. What I do for this that mostly I havent changed from start is progressive muscle relaxation, I think thats probably the method most people do which is relax from feet to head by contracting and relaxing the muscles. I never try on the side because as you said its adviced to not do that as the risk to fall asleep is a lot bigger, also as they say this position isnt kept for long time naturally.

Im not entirely sure of how these techniques work but from what I see there are techniques that relay on the fact that we can detect signs of falling asleep and assume we are able to brake before reaching that point and going back to awake state, but other techniques I believe just make our mind focus into maintaining some image for a time making us into a kind of trance that combined with the muscle relaxation that took place before then should make ap possible, as said Im not sure all techniques are like this but I believe its similar to this, then for me at least its easier to keep an image in mind like said going in an elevator and while doing that keep me awake until ap shows any signs like vibration sounds etc

Yes, ScientificExplorer idea to keep track of what we are doing and what we get is good, Im not writing down all things I try but I write these that gives me some kind of different sign, so far only slight vibrations and/or spasms.

Im not sure how long I have been trying to ap, maybe 2 months, well anyway I wont give up while Im alive, Im sure it will work soon.

Yes, in that book they mentioned that the falling down sensation is a kind of common element to different techniques they describe so Im sure its important, from all he described I think elevator is more familiar to me and probably to anyone, others he mentioned are using a ladder to go down or going downstairs or going through some smoke rings while falling, also fall just like a feather, still elevator sounds the easiest to mimick to me.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:33 PM
Master

Now that I relax deeper in the mornings it does not take me long to get out of my body. My problem is I zapped out without realising it and I was dreaming. I fell asleep. I forgot to look through my closed eyes. There is a sign and it keeps happening. When my breathing gets quieter by itself that is the time to look through my closed eyes. I could do a relaxing ap technique instead of looking through my closed eyes. By doing the technique I will know that I am leaving my body. I feel the movement. It is obvious. I will try that next time.
When I was dreaming I was with my deceased pets then I woke up. I laid down on my side and I fell asleep and I was dreaming again. It was the same dream of my deceased pets. This time I was lucid. I knew I was dreaming. My mistake was I did not get myself aware so it was like a dream.
Old 12-04-2022, 09:57 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for sharing this AstralSuzy, indeed its somehow easy to relax but what usually is hard is to avoid falling asleep, in fact some people say its because we try to enter a kind of trance and trance leads to sleep, well thats a theory from someone. If you notice the signs that ap is coming thats good, I dont see any sign of falling asleep aside from when I wake up and remember the dream. I will remember to see through eyes, this seems to be important, and surprisingly in the books they dont mention this a lot.

Speaking of dream, Im glad you dreamed of your pets, I know its lucid dream and its different but still its good, also some people say in some dreams we connect with reality too, like real souls, so who knows.

Also I havent made any progress, noticed some little spasms or little vibrations but I cant tell it was near to what they say is ap, just remember that some time ago when my schedule was so bad and I was going to bed at dawn I used to feel like a little earthquake was happening here, at that time I didnt know about ap, but now this came to me, makes me wonder if sleep deprivation and maybe going to bed at dawn makes the vibrations happen...

I live in an area that is not used to earthquakes but we have suffered like a few every year or so, and never really intense stuff, but this thing I used to feel looked like that, maybe it was just my mind remembering a recent earthquake in the area because it was frightening even as it was not intense.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:08 PM
Master

Do you notice if your breathing is getting more relaxed or perhaps it makes no difference.
Old 13-04-2022, 08:32 AM
Experiencer

So far I see nothing is different, aside from the spasms I notice sometimes nothing changes
Old 13-04-2022, 10:32 AM
Master

It looks like our only option is to look through our closed eyes.
Old 13-04-2022, 09:05 PM
Master

It seems that I do not have any signs that I am going to ap. This morning I fell asleep. I did not think my breathing was relaxed but I zapped out of my body and I fell asleep. I did not remember any dreams or anything. Next time I am going to look through my closed eyes a lot sooner even if I think it is too soon to ap.
Old 14-04-2022, 12:54 AM
Master

I do not know if this link on how to stop falling asleep while trying to astral project will help you. Have a look at it and see what you think.

https://spiritdistrict.com/every-tim...i-fall-asleep/