Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 01-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Lemon Balm as a tea is wonderful for anxiety (as is Lavender, Chamomile, and Catnip too).

If you can get fresh Lemon Balm, it is extremely potent - this is what I did as I was given fresh Lemon Balm, dried it in my apartment and made it into a tea. It was far more potent than the dried stuff that sits around in health food stores or even when I had purchased it from a company.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Master
Hmm Lemon Balm never tried that.
Valerian, Kava Kava etc never works for me even if I get the root and simmer and drink still doesn't work, Lemon Balm sounds great.
Spiritlite.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Lemon Balm is very yummy - the fresher it is the more lemon taste it has. If it's been sitting around it's not as 'lemony' tasting.

I used to grow some in my apt. that I had before I moved, but a combination between me being nutty for it, it not having enough room to grow, and toss in a few bugs here and there...kind of did it in.

No problem though - I can always visit someone who has it growing in their yard and take a load.

I had attempted to grow some herbs - Lemon Thyme, Lemon Basil, Tarragon, Lavender and Lemon Balm...but...it was a domino effect - when one went, the rest followed suit.

Lemon Thyme is quite yummy too...although I don't think it has any 'relaxing' properties.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Master
Yeah I used to make my own tinctures and boy I made them strong and they were great, I made kava kava tinctures I know I have the book that gave me instructions how I think I'll do it again because the store bought tinctures are way too weak for me.
Spiritlite.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Oh that's good for you to make your own - then you know when things are 'just right' for you and you can control them in other ways too.

A very good book on tea is: "20,000 Secrets of Tea" which has all these different herbs listed for herbal teas.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Summerland

You all have me convinced. I am going to try that asha -whatsis. I have recommended Passionflower also to relax and help sleep. But I know that my cortisol levels have to be thru the stratosphere. High cholestral is a killer on my fathers side. I cannot take any sort of statins (which is really okay as they are very dangerous) and of course my cholestral is very high. If ashawagandha can help as much as spiritlite says, I am hunting up some tomorrow. I am tired all the time and when the stress gets really bad I have awful flare-ups of fibromyalgia.To get to sleep in the morning after work I have to take ativan or elavil which leaves me all groggy. I appreciate all this great advice and info, folks!
Old 07-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Master
SUmmer also to let you know that you need to take it for at least six weeks to feel and get the true effects......
Spiritlite.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I'd recommend getting the NSI Ashwagandha from Vitacost...Summerland - it's not much and plus if there is anything else you want to buy they have wonderful discount prices on many great things.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Master
I love how catnip makes cats so so frisky but calms us humans down.
Spiritlite.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Kapitan_Prien

That's cause it's a kitty aphrodisiac (sp)... I like to call it 'Kitty Wacky Weed'.