Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 23-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Is it a genetic-primal survival response?
A mentally triggered ego response?
A purely chemical response to certain stimului?
Spirit(s) acting through us?
Anger isn't instaneous - it builds up slow enough that neurochemicals could be responsible, but of course none have been found. Indeed, the only one I can think of that's even closely 1-1 related to an emotion is oxytocin & trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
It amazes me how such emotions seem to quickly well up "out of nowhere"
Perhaps the "subconscious-Id" is manifesting itself .if we permit-invite it.
Sensitives certainly are influenced by spirits who love conflict.

WE have no idea if such a domain as Id or Subconscious actually exists , but the model apparently seems to work well enough.
We have subconscious programming operating our heart beating, speech etc but as a hypnotherapist of 16 years experience, I don't believe in a unitary subconscious intelligence. I'm more inclined to the torchlight model.

I know for a fact that dark forces fuel most of the anger and may even push us towards it.

And it's uncontentious that anger causes far more problems than it solves in humanity.

Still the Bible and Yogananda state that we were created from a progenitor of the chimpanzee so maybe there was some positive intent there too.
Old 24-06-2012, 04:30 AM
Henri77

For me it seemed damn near instantaneous,(surprising) often enough. Though yes, sometimes it's a result of mounting irritation. Particularly with noisy inconsiderate people.

I rarely get angry so my memory could be distorting the experience.

Recall being enraged when I saw someone being bullied, and it felt virtually instantaneous those few times.

My father related, fighting 5-6 men one time.... he said some force gave him the strength.... unlike me he was an athlete & boxer, familiar with physical conflict.

I'm not debating, simply relating personal experience.

(regarding gorillas-chimps)
The opening of 2001 has a scene where 2 groups of man-apes face off grunting & challenging one another.
It struck me this is exactly what we see when city gangs confront one another. Verbal threats and challenges.

It seems little has changed in 3 million years.

Anyway the topic was controlling anger.... so I'll let this go.

Old 25-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Rage channeled correctly might be the answer. If not the answer, a posible avenue of persuit.

Yes! Channel your anger, use it for good cause, in this it won't look like anger at all, just you "getting the dishes done!"
Old 25-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Dew

Anger... I have a mars in Scorpio and to master it is an herculean task for me in this life time. I try my best to manage it by always reminding myself that what gets hurt in me and therefore creates anger is the ego... not the real me. It´s a 24 hours/day exercise... not easy... but it´s worthy!! :)
Old 06-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Celeste

You're lucky Insensitive1. Usually when you bottle up anger, eventually it's like a pressure cooker that explodes (at least my experience).