Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-08-2021, 11:55 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
I've told you. Sorry if you can follow, but that's it.
Ok, thank you.
Old 25-08-2021, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
I'll grant you the peacemakers.
I can find Dharma in each and everyone of Them and you don't have to grant me anything , it's not about me
Old 25-08-2021, 12:15 PM
Deactivated Account
There is a fundamental, universal logos (people seeking to demonstrate "discernment" pick each word to bits but it seems pretty clear to me and simple to understand) which makes itself known according to the various dispositions of sentient beings, each appropriating it according to their capacity to understand. This is upaya, or convenient means, a Mahayana teaching, easily found by googling.

If others wish to pick words like "blessed" to pieces and argue about which Faith "owns" it or originated it or whatever, count me out.
Old 25-08-2021, 12:20 PM
Master
Quote:

If others wish to pick words like "blessed" to pieces and argue about which Faith "owns" it or originated it or whatever, count me out.
You can see beyond the words , your 'Blessed'....
Old 25-08-2021, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
It's really horrible writing in parts
Is it? Mybe you could personally point out what part is horrible, mybe .....
Old 25-08-2021, 01:23 PM
Eelco

Quote:

It's not about the word blessed. It's about taking the concept of the beatitudes, whatever or wherever they emerged from and fabricating a connection to the Buddha's teachings. As far as I can see, there isn't one. And the discussion about how to go about it or the examples provided look far fetched.
Event though the sentiments are easily understood and superficially well meant. I see some serious drawbacks in adopting them as a practice as they are layed down now.

But then I doubted the intention for honest investigation from the start in this thread. So that may be what has colored my words here as well.
Old 25-08-2021, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:

But then I doubted the intention for honest investigation from the start in this thread. So that may be what has colored my words here as well.
Cause and effect
Old 25-08-2021, 01:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
It's not about the word blessed.

That is basically the problem. Blessed are the merciful. It's "not about" mercy either!

Its about who said it, when they said it, who "owns" the words, whether or not it can be a basis for practice etc etc etc ad nauseam.

Which is obviously preferable to actually being merciful.
Old 25-08-2021, 01:43 PM
Eelco

Yawn. I'm sorry sky. But dropping the obvious does not a conversation make.
Old 25-08-2021, 01:49 PM
Eelco

Quote:

Which is obviously preferable to actually being merciful.
Correct. And now look if being merciful is part of the path to end suffering. Or being poor for that matter. Or to mourn?