Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 29-04-2023, 10:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes, it was years in the making with an ageing population. We can't keep up the welfare state if a huge chunk of the population is retiring. So people that are able to work in their 60s may as well work a few more years.
Some have to work when they are not fit because they cannot afford to live.
How many people do you know that can retire at 30 ????
Old 29-04-2023, 10:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Some have to work when they are not fit because they cannot afford to live.

And those people deserve a different approach..
But there's also fit people retiring well before their mid 60s. In France they're now complaining about two more years of work, and I think in Greece they used to retire in their mid 50s. I mean, it's great people want freedom and no work burdens but collectively we have to pay for the welfare state. It's either working a few more years for those physically able to, or it's squeezing the welfare state..
Old 29-04-2023, 10:16 AM
Master

Quote:
And those people deserve a different approach..
But there's also fit people retiring well before their mid 60s. In France they're now complaining about two more years of work, and I think in Greece they used to retire in their mid 50s.

I mean, it's all great people want freedom and no work burdens but collectively we have to pay for the welfare state. It's either working a few more years for those physically able to, or it's squeezing the welfare state..
Granted... And it's fine if people CHOOSE to work as long as possible .... I don't have a problem with that.
And yes, the welfare state IS paid out of the working person taxes.
Oh , but just wait until you need help from the welfare state and it's a different story....
"Thank you for all your taxes for the last several decades missus... What's that you say? Can you have a bit back now ? ... Errmmmm , sorry .. NO..".....!!!!!
Always knew I should have been a famous footballer AL ..LOL..
Old 29-04-2023, 10:39 AM
Master
Most of the males in my family,I would guess well over 90% of a big family have passed away under 62yrs.So likely no retirement for me or any of my male relatives.It's another brainwashing con anyway as the worle is OVERPRODUCING and OVERCONSUMING so the actual opposite will benefit,consuming less and reducing production is helpful to us and the planet.
Old 29-04-2023, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
It's another brainwashing con anyway as the worle is OVERPRODUCING and OVERCONSUMING so the actual opposite will benefit,consuming less and reducing production is helpful to us and the planet.

Overpopulating is a big one too..
Old 29-04-2023, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Overpopulating is a big one too..
If you analyse it the problem is not with numbers but the greed-other systems balance on Earth,systems that contain billions and trillions of entities so numbers is not the problem,there are trillions of trees yet we realise we need more as we are destroying them,humans who lived a humble life could expand and actually aid the planet.Greed has been identified as a base problem since humans could reason,for some to accept greed as a normal aspect then push it into a wider philosophy causes problems.It,s caused many problems with the car here,where numbers of an high maintenance machine are causing problems for many.An horse for instance gives back it is a natural part of the environment and we could adapt to more of them,they would be good converters of veg matter and producers of nutrients for food crops,what do cars do?
Old 29-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Master
But not addressing overpopulation means not tackling the problems. It means more consumers and more land required for people to live, to grow food, and use resources. I know you want everyone to consume less, but without a much smaller population it would just mean more billions of people living in poverty. That's not what people want. We aren't all going to live like poor monks. Not that this would even help, just look at Bangladesh, lots of poor people but fishing population goes down because more and more people around.
Old 29-04-2023, 02:35 PM
Master
If we manage to cut population by half but allow people to become twice as greedy,what has changed? Anything other than dealing with our own greed would come under a genocidal agenda, including unnatural ways of birth control,if you believe in a soul what gives us the right to block their paths by stopping the birth?The idea that monks live a poor existence is not correct to my knowledge as I have spent time as such and lived OK,even the bees are usually well stocked with honey even in areas we are destroying,the town bees should be as oppulent as the rain forest ones,but they struggle due to us-so much for expanding industry,you cannot grow crops on roads and in big industrial factories.
Old 29-04-2023, 02:40 PM
Master
I'm also not sure about the fish population problems,we import fish from such places that is far cheaper to buy than native species and fairly naff Basa v Cod it's a ridiculous state of affairs especially being an island.
Old 29-04-2023, 02:44 PM
Master
Quote:
If we manage to cut population by half but allow people to become twice as greedy,what has changed?

Who said we need to be ''twice as greedy''?

Quote:
Anything other than dealing with our own greed would come under a genocidal agenda, including unnatural ways of birth control,if you believe in a soul what gives us the right to block their paths by stopping the birth?

Well, if you go into that direction... what gives ''the soul'' the right to enter this world and kill off lots of women during childbirth? I mean, that was pretty normal everywhere for most of human history, in which case all these ''souls'' were femicidal maniacs, choosing to be murderers at birth.

Quote:
The idea that monks live a poor existence is not correct to my knowledge as I have spent time as such and lived OK

Okay for you but not for most of us out there, who want to get more out of life than minimalism.