Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-06-2012, 03:36 AM
Master
A simple message and a real God

Today I went to church actually I just returned.

It was a very informal gathering with normal everyday people who had just got up out of bed on sunday morning in a disused club building. The message was simple, the singing and music not super professional. The people were warm and friendly.

There was no deep theology or rational of Gods existence, just an intimate time with believers with each other and God.
The pastor was discussing how spending more time seeking God in prayer will increase the experience of him.

Some people got prayed for out the front when the offer was given for those who wanted prayer could come forward for itand I watched as 2 people out of 6 were filled with the holy spirit is such ways that they were fully overcome with emotion to the point they had to lay down. some were crying because of the intensity of emotion they felt. (this is a beautiful thing to experience).

It is also an act of caring for each other.

What goes on here? No staged trickery or hype. Its just a normal day in Gods church with about 60 people in where he shows up in the lives of believers who needed encouragement.

We are just normal people like anyone and that pastor is just a normal guy that works for a living too.

Last edited by Lightspirit : 17-06-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 17-06-2012, 03:57 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Today I went to curch actually I just returned.

It was a very informal gathering with normal everyday people who had just got up out of bed on sunday morning in a disused club building. The message was simple, the singing and music not super professional. The people were warm and friendly.

There was no deep theology or rational of Gods existence, just an intimate time with believers with each other and God.
The pastor was discussing how spending more time seeking God in prayer will increase the experience of him.

Some people got prayed for out the front when the offer was given for those who wanted prayer could come forward for itand I watched as 2 people out of 6 were filled with the holy spirit is such ways that they were fully overcome with emotion to the point they had to lay down. some were crying because of the intensity of emotion they felt. (this is a beautiful thing to experience).

It is also an act of caring for each other.

What goes on here? No staged trickery or hype. Its just a normal day in Gods church with about 60 people in where he shows up in the lives of believers who needed encouragement.

We are just normal people like anyone and that pastor is just a normal guy that works for a living too.

Yea! You see a lot of that sort of thing over in Haiti, and among many of the old customs of the once primitive races.
Old 17-06-2012, 04:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-word
Yea! You see a lot of that sort of thing over in Haiti, and among many of the old customs of the once primitive races.
Do they have little christian churches like that there? I like them they feel more homely and everyone knows your name if you stay there a while.
Old 17-06-2012, 04:18 AM
S-word

I have never read of any primitive race before Christ, who rolled around in the dirt babbling incomprehensively like some demon possessed person, which had a little christian church in their village. Please tell me more.
Old 17-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Master
Quote:
I have never read of any primitive race before Christ, who rolled around in the dirt babbling incomprehensively like some demon possessed person, which had a little christian church in their village. Please tell me more.

I was talking about a nice pleasant gathering and nothing else. People being overwhelmed with emotion from an intense personal experience they were having after someone praying for them and putting hands on.

A couple of tears of joy never hurts anyone. sometimes peoples reaction to the filling can be different as it can be a VERY intense experience and often unexpected.

I had a good day today being a part of it and I guess am on a high now from it. I was only watching this time. This is normal for some churches all the time, and now I have tasted it I want to be part of this more as I have only seen it over the last 2 years.

I guess that is why in my posts I don't need to over think stuff because if you see tangible things happen in front of you it really reinforces the presence of God as something external to us that can come in in a supernatural way. I had such a good feeling watching it and now am encouraged to go back and visit another church tonight.
Old 17-06-2012, 06:29 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
I was talking about a nice pleasant gathering and nothing else. People being overwhelmed with emotion from an intense personal experience they were having after someone praying for them and putting hands on.

A couple of tears of joy never hurts anyone. sometimes peoples reaction to the filling can be different as it can be a VERY intense experience and often unexpected.

I had a good day today being a part of it and I guess am on a high now from it. I was only watching this time. This is normal for some churches all the time, and now I have tasted it I want to be part of this more as I have only seen it over the last 2 years.

I guess that is why in my posts I don't need to over think stuff because if you see tangible things happen in front of you it really reinforces the presence of God as something external to us that can come in in a supernatural way. I had such a good feeling watching it and now am encouraged to go back and visit another church tonight.

I know mate, I was simply being a little facetious at your expense for which I sincerely apologise, even though I do not accept that the greater majority are speaking in any true tongue, but simply babble because they believe they have to if they wish others to believe that they have received the Holy Spirit. I'm sorry if that offends you, but thems is the facts.
Old 17-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Sybilline

Wow lightworker, that must have been nice. :) I have attended a Christian gathering many times before, they are very warm and nice except for the Catholics (the mass is very scripted and nobody really wants to talk, lots sleep, too). :P
Old 17-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Master
I find that they are warm and nice, as long as you believe what they believe, if you don't, then they think your being lead by Satan, how patronizing is that lol.
Old 17-06-2012, 08:06 AM
S-word

I have been into some of the charismatic churches, where they all want to hug you and it makes my skin crawl. I swear that I can smell the pompous. pious self righteousness oozing from their pours.
Old 17-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:
I have been into some of the charismatic churches, where they all want to hug you and it makes my skin crawl. I swear that I can smell the pompous. pious self righteousness oozing from their pours.
He he, I know what you mean and its soooo true, sad, but true.