Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-01-2023, 06:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
JUSTBE I would just like to ask you if you have have ever been robbed, assaulted, raped, betrayed, bashed to a pulp, humiliated or defamed etc
Perhaps you would be more understanding/accepting of other peoples feelings of “satisfaction” when karma has come back to the perpetrator.
This is about all suffering. The whole host.

I’m not devaluing feelings, I’m not condoning others in their choices to hurt and harm. I’m compassionate and understand deeply what these kind of experiences do to others. I’m also aware of where my inner peace and joy radiates from. From understanding all suffering and not harbouring ill intent towards others.

I’m emphasising that the what you feel is important for you as you feel them. Feelings are temporary and changing, but if your someone who feels enjoyment from others karma ongoing, you will never fully be free from suffering. Our feelings change the whole experience.

Holding onto hatred or retribution or fueling your feel good feelings from seeing others suffer doesn’t register in me, as understanding suffering.

You’ve moved the op feeling from enjoyment to satisfaction which means you are in some way trying to soften the initial feeling, but then again your showing what I’m sharing about how things change when we let go and find peace and compassion for our own suffering. There is no ill will within those streams. That is healing your own suffering more complete.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:56 AM
Master
It is okay to seek justice but I'm not sure it's good to really enjoy someone getting what they deserve because that is the thrill of revenge. Perhaps it is better to have some detachment towards it, but have some satisfaction that justice has happened. Satisfaction is different to me than actually celebrating and enjoying someone getting what they deserve. Of course, not easy to do this.

I mean, I think it's good that poachers and torturers and murderers get punished but it's all still a sad affair that people got to that point that they became that. There are no winners.
Old 09-01-2023, 10:14 AM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
. I personally don't recommend revenge but I do think that people eventually reap what they sow.
True that people will reap whatever is sown.

Say, one willingly wants to hurt the other as a revenge for the other one's action. That Will/desire to hurt other, create/sow another karma of their own. If one is not willing to hurt others, but be as an agent in the process of reaping ( never hate the other who hurts/hate oneself), then no new karma is created. If one enjoys other one's karmic effects (good/bad), it holistically creates new karmas based on the type of bondage/thoughts.

If one is okay for such new karmas, and ready to undergo pain for enjoying in watching someone's pain, then nothing wrong. There is no right or wrong. Just a choice, to add up Karma or not.
Old 09-01-2023, 03:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm thinking if we say we enjoy it when people are hurt and justify that by our knowledge that they hurt others, that falls into the category of ill-will, which is the same as 'bad kamma'.
Nice. We actually find it very complicated. So much of what is spiritual goes against what is natural. Their karma, your karma from it. Karma has it's rules so to speak.
Old 09-01-2023, 03:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
Hi everyone. I think this is an interesting topic because alot of people might say "you should never wish bad things on anyone." Maybe it might just be a waste of your energy to wish bad things on somebody but I personally don't believe there's anything wrong with enjoying when they get their's.
There's no specific word for this in English, but the Germans have one. They call it "Schadenfreude." It means, the sadistic enjoyment of someone else's misfortune.

I try to be a good little Birb Whisperer and never do this but...when a really evil person gets theirs, I can't deny I get a little shiver of Schadenfreude lol. I try to be loving and understanding of people who make mistakes (because we ALL make mistakes sometimes) but...I'm only human!

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 10-01-2023 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 10-01-2023, 07:12 PM
Master
If they burned me in the fire- I would enjoy.. but yet I attract quite good circumstances

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 10-01-2023, 07:39 PM
It just occurred to me - if God watches while a lion hunts, scares and devours a little helpless animal...and female
spiders eat their males...I'm not going to feel bad about smiling when the speeding, swerving driver gets pulled over.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-01-2023, 07:54 AM
Master

Re Miss Hepburn post

I agree with what you said GOD DOES NOT PUNISH. IMO

Well as I’ve stated earlier on this subject before it got totally out of hand is that having a smile at justice/satisfaction/joy at coming back to a person is ok and quite normal for us humans. Still can’t see anything wrong with that.

BUT when that joy/satisfaction/justice takes a hold on you and permeates every part of your being and you become obsessed with it long term then of course it’s NOT a good thing.

As I’ve stated before many times, it’s all in having the balance. We are not robots we are human beings and like a child we are still learning, growing and evolving.

That’s all I’ve got to say on the subject. So let’s agree to disagree.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Nice. We actually find it very complicated. So much of what is spiritual goes against what is natural. Their karma, your karma from it. Karma has it's rules so to speak.
To me, at least, spirituality is neutral, and it's not really about the kamma you generated in the past that is now fated on your path. The idea is let the inevitable be, stop generating new kamma and remain neutral as the old 'sankaras' expire. However, I don't want to sound dead like a stone-face, so I think it's important frame the kamma story within the context of purification, where the expiration of old sankaras empties the lifeform of hangups that impede ones true self-expression.
Old 11-01-2023, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I agree with what you said GOD DOES NOT PUNISH. IMO

As I’ve stated before many times, it’s all in having the balance. We are not robots we are human beings and like a child we are still learning, growing and evolving.

That’s all I’ve got to say on the subject. So let’s agree to disagree.
I don’t see it getting out of hand. It’s an open healthy discussion looking at all sides of the picture being shown here.
If god does not punish them why in earth in your godly self, would you take enjoyment from others punishment or retribution?

Who do you aspire too?

God as an all loving forgiving entity or god as someone who enjoys seeing others suffer?

I’m only bringing god into the picture because you and others have done so.