Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 18-01-2017, 11:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odstar
Has anyone successfully attuned themselves to Reiki? If so, i would love to see some tips and tricks! I did try once, but it didn't work out. Helpful suggestions appreciated

Everything is just a tool to use in the way that works for you.

When I did my reiki over fifteen years ago, we had a ritual that is nothing like they teach now.

Intention flows where it goes..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 27-01-2017, 09:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Everything is just a tool to use in the way that works for you.

When I did my reiki over fifteen years ago, we had a ritual that is nothing like they teach now.

Intention flows where it goes..

I received my Level 1 just over a month ago, practicing on myself is entirely different from others. The energy is amplified so much more when working with family or friends vs the self. But I spent the better part of a month only doing self practices to get the hang of it so maybe it helped prepare the other part.
Old 28-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odstar
Has anyone successfully attuned themselves to Reiki? If so, i would love to see some tips and tricks! I did try once, but it didn't work out. Helpful suggestions appreciated

Reiki literally means Universal Energy in Japanese. Therefore, it would be logical to conclude that it is accessible to everyone in human form with the right intention, awareness, and practice. We are the Universe itself disguised as separate entities inhabiting a planet while animating organic matter!

Usui, the founder of Reiki, awakened to his own Universal Nature and finally understood why and how the Buddha and Jesus had the ability to heal. His quest is then complete. Reiki, or Universal Energy has always existed regardless of Usui becoming aware of it or later turning it into a tradition and a practice.

There are many healers who have always used Universal Energy to heal that was not attuned to Reiki. Some of them never even heard of Reiki (the tradition and practice), but naturally and intrinsically use it to heal. That is just who they are by nature.

With that being said, attunement is the hallmark of the modern day Reiki tradition. From my own experience and understanding, I think attunements serves as a balancing and re-calibration of the energy centers allowing a more free and dynamic flow of energy. It doesn't hurt to get attuned. However, if you already are connected and open to your own Awakened healing gifts, it can be a bit redundant.

For example, I had already been using energy healing prior to becoming attuned in the Usui tradition. After becoming attuned, I didn't feel any different, I heal just the same. The only thing that I notice that affects my ability to heal is not so much in the attunement but in my level of Awareness to my own Divine nature, the same Divine and Universal nature that we all share.

So in conclusion, yes, technically you can become "attuned" without being in a specific tradition and without a teacher. However, if you are a strict adherent to the Reiki rituals as the practice itself, then that would be a no. Even if you are a master healer that can resurrect the dead, without attunement, it would not be considered or recognized as "Reiki" by those who practice it. I hope that makes sense.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬