Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 07-06-2014, 04:09 PM
UnicornRedefinesButt

I've just gotten Lucky with these kinds of things, like, I've had thoughts inside of how certain numbers fit within various situations.

I'll give You an overview of my numbers Now!
1 = Now | Won | Uni
2 = Both | Towards
3 = Rainbows | Believe
4 = Forever | Present
5 = Celebrate | Explode
6 = Hell turned Heaven
7 = 'h'eaven
8 = Omega | Ultimate | Infinity
9 = Mountaintop

My Luckiest number of All" 8:41
Old 19-06-2014, 02:34 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous
How do you know when you get a "sign" for something or if you have just attracted that specific event by yourself?
For example, I was thinking about moving to someplace for a while and suddenly, out of nowhere, I started to spot trucks of airline companies everywhere and people started randomly talking about the exact place where I want to go.
it is both.i do not find signs to conflict with loa but to coexist.
Old 19-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
How do you know when you get a "sign" for something or if you have just attracted that specific event by yourself?
For example, I was thinking about moving to someplace for a while and suddenly, out of nowhere, I started to spot trucks of airline companies everywhere and people started randomly talking about the exact place where I want to go.

I see synchronicity as aligning with your intuition. Deepak Chopra explains it in his book about coincidences. It's two dimensions bleeding into each other.
Old 20-06-2014, 09:28 PM
joelr

Quote:

Our minds filter huge amounts of information every second and our subconscious decides which information is relevant and should be put into our awareness. So one thing that happens is any subjects weighing on your mind will cause you to notice any outside phenomena that is related.

There was a forum I used to visit where right after the movie "The Secret" came out some folks were getting obsessed with signs and synchronicities. Some thought they were going to win the lottery, some were obsessed with license plates, but nothing definitive ever came out of it. This was over a period of many years.

I would think some type of communication from an outside source would more likely come in the form of some type of revelation or intense feeling. It's helpful to take into account what confirmation bias actually is when interpreting reality:

"In psychology and cognitive science, confirmation bias (or confirmatory bias) is a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors.
Confirmation bias is a type of cognitive bias and represents an error of inductive inference toward confirmation of the hypothesis under study.
Confirmation bias is a phenomenon wherein decision makers have been shown to actively seek out and assign more weight to evidence that confirms their hypothesis, and ignore or underweigh evidence that could disconfirm their hypothesis.
As such, it can be thought of as a form of selection bias in collecting evidence."