Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 11-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Knower

Reiki 1 class in 2 weeks

Hello everyone! I'm signed up for a Reiki 1 class 2 weeks from today. I've read to eat healthy and drink lots of water. I'm a vegetarian so that isn't difficult. I am doing self Reiki right now, but have not been attuned from a master, only online.

I do have a lot of self baggage and I'm trying to work on it as much as possible. Is there anything else I should do to prepare myself?
Old 14-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Experiencer

Try not to go into the class with any expectations. You'll receive exactly what you're supposed to receive from it. Now that's not to say don't set your intentions. Setting intentions is also important.

I don't know that you need to really do anything to prepare... Maybe meditation along with your self Reiki.

Good luck and enjoy! It's terribly exciting!!
Old 14-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphyretwins
Try not to go into the class with any expectations. You'll receive exactly what you're supposed to receive from it. Now that's not to say don't set your intentions. Setting intentions is also important.

I don't know that you need to really do anything to prepare... Maybe meditation along with your self Reiki.

Good luck and enjoy! It's terribly exciting!!

Thank you for your reply sapphyretwins. I'm excited about it and want to get myself on the right track.
Old 16-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Experiencer

I can sense your enthusiasm and it warms my heart! I participated in a Reiki I and II workshop and it was an AMAZING experience. I have no doubt that your experience will be wonderful as well!

I'm glad to read that you are working on yourself. As you heal yourself, you heal the world.

I can't wait to hear how your class went!
Old 19-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Disa

I can't wait to hear how your class went, too!

I received my Reiki I&II certification in March and I'm going for my Advanced/Master class next week.

It's all very new to me and I'm excited to find an active forum about Reiki.

I wasn't told ahead of time to do anything specific. I did go into it with no expectations and I was completely satisfied with the class.

I'm looking forward to the next class and finding out where Reiki will take me next.

Best of luck to you and please report back :)
Old 19-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Master
Hi, I agree with Sapphyretwins and Disa. Expectations and over-preparation will add nothing to the event/experience, and possibly could diminish it. I found the outcome of my attunement was different from and more than whatever expectations I might have had - the attunement did me a tremendous amount of good.

Of course, in terms of your life in general, it's good that you've self-analysed and come to an awareness of your "baggage". But you'd do best, I think, to put such considerations aside and leave an open, relaxed mental & emotional space for the occasion of your first attunement.

Your sign-up for the training & attunement is good news.
Old 21-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Knower

Thanks for the tips. I am trying to stay loose and just go with the flow. I'm more worried about the traffic getting to the class than anything else at this point. :)

I'm looking forward to meeting the master and learning. I hope my attunement goes well and I will feel Reiki flowing more than it is now. I have purposely stayed away from reading any more books until I complete Reiki 1. I will report back after my class!

Disa - best of luck in your class!
Old 21-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Disa

Thanks, Tail11! (My class is coming up on Saturday.)

I was also worried about the traffic at the first class and driving downtown to an unfamiliar area, but you know what? It ended up being almost a straight shot- such an easy drive with almost No traffic and No rain that day:) I think things just work out the way they are supposed to :)
Old 22-04-2014, 12:12 AM
Knower

I hope for the same Disa, but Sacramento has a huge road repair on Route 50. I won't have to use that route, but the alternate is going to be busy! I'm going to give myself an extra hour travel time to ensure I get there on time.

On a side note, my self Reiki treatment last night was better than ever. I thought of the Chakra colors at each point and it helped a great deal.

I hope that both of our travels are fast and uneventful this weekend. I have a Friday night and Saturday schedule.
Old 23-04-2014, 04:06 AM
Bellazoey

Meditation helped me immensely. I highly suggest it although you don't have to by any means. I was also told not to eat any meat for at least 3 days before but you don't have that problem! (Neither do I lol)