Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 27-10-2013, 12:48 AM
Seeker

Absorbing energy

Why sometimes, when I meet some people I feel bad and tired? If I am absorbing negative energy, how can I stop this?
Old 27-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Master

Are you an empath?
Old 27-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Seeker

Hi White Warrior, I don't know actually.

I can perceive when a person is happy or sad, but I think it is common and people in general know how to identify these feelings, however it causes me some kind of bad feelings when the person in not ok.

This is very intense when I am emotionally connected to the person. Sometimes I can feel, even in long distances, if the person is happy, calm, sad or worried.

Feelings of worry/anxiety are the worst to me, because I have physical symptons like headache, nausea or insomnia.

I dont know if it is just my anxiety and coincidence or if it is due to the person's energy .
Old 31-10-2013, 07:55 PM
kayvee

Some people just suck the energy out of you without realising it! You could do with learning to protect yourself, in an auric egg, or with a blue cloak, that's what I do.
Love and light
Old 08-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Guide

from experience, i find that when i am feeling the love properly in my heart and i am channeling or preferably am an instrument for the love and light, it gives me a barrier from receiving any negativity from others. it's taken me a few years of workshops, meditation and practice to be at a more comfortable level now.

http://www.open-your-heart.org.uk/

the link has a lot of heart work practice that you can download. obviously you're very sensitive to it, but with heart practice it'll get easier to not get pulled into it. i use it all the time with angry people and i sympathize more with them and they feel so much better for it. all this without absorbing their junk. ;)
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 09-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Seeker

Thank you
Old 09-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Master

The person with the neg. energy , or they are getting your energy could be what is know as a psychic vampire . They will tell you a sad story to steel your energy .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_vampire
Old 10-11-2013, 02:42 AM
Seeker

Do you know how can we switch these bad energy frequencies during a conversation, for example. If I am fine, with a good frequency and some person in different frequency starts to talk to me, always my energy is changed.
I feel the other frequencies stronger than mine. If the person is happy, I will be happy, if the person is sad, I will be sad also...
Old 10-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky
Why sometimes, when I meet some people I feel bad and tired? If I am absorbing negative energy, how can I stop this?
Tiredness is usually a sign that they are draining your energy. Feeling bad can be from being drained, absorbing their energy, or from an energy incompatibility.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Guide

part of feeling drained is because somewhere in you either wants to help or gets caught up with the other person's drama. sometimes their drama or issues are much stronger than what we can handle depending on our current spiritual level.

as one grows spiritually, one's heart opens more and more. this allows the love from the Creator or the Source of Love to come in more freely into our hearts, physical/non-physical and out of ourselves to be shared with others. The more open our hearts are, the less drama we absorb. from my experience and from taking many workshops and constant daily practice, when i approach people with drama or problems, i'm more able to remind myself to be in my heart so that it'll open and share the love with others. in that way, i do not absorb or get involved. sometimes i still do that because i feel bad for people, but i'm learning not to feel bad and to realize it's their problem and that i shouldn't make their problem mine. unfortunately, there are times i still get caught up in the drama because as i grow spiritually, i become very sensitive to what's right and wrong and if i don't ask to turn the switch off, i can get very angry. that's when i smile some more, let the love flow more and ask for help to not interfere and to let the love speak for me so that i'm not coming from a place of anger when i'm reprimanding someone, but from a place of real love.

practice, practice, practice every day. some days you'll go backwards and then take giant leaps forward.

if it interests you, the open your heart uk website has a lot of downloads you can look into to practice. there's also a free usui reiki level 1 attunement which i posted recently in the reiki board. it's given the 1st of the month every month at 6:30pm-6:45pm. you can use it for self-healing and most importantly, to open your heart even more. opening your heart will then balance the rest of your body's system. we'll still have our problems, but it'll make us feel better about it.

hope this discussion give you better understanding of your situation. you are not the only one, pretty much everyone has this problem one way or another.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16