Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 23-10-2010, 01:11 AM
Master
i see thanks!
Old 25-10-2010, 07:42 AM
sunny shine

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
I was reading about attunements, the course.. it says the master opens us up to energies and opens third eye? is this true? my concern is what energies we are being opened up to.. i know it's to help acces our healing but can it open us up to anything negative? any expierences? thanks

I think you have just asked the most important question for a beginner.

Depends on the master who is attuning you, the place should also be energized properly. Just pray to divine source to show you the right person.

I picked my master with just my intuition at hand. I have completed two levels successfully.
Old 25-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Master
thank you sunny!
Old 27-10-2010, 09:02 PM
SilverAngel

Angel1

Hi to All,

As a Reiki Master/Teacher myself I have given lots of Attunements to all Reiki levels. My personal experience with Reiki is absolut positive. Working with this divine energy is incredible. Even the animals loving it and come when ever I start a Reiki session on myself or giving Reiki to Mother Nature in my Backyard. when I am doing this the animals are coming very closly, no Fear just pure curiosity and Love

Reiki never harms or interferes with your own Free Will!!! The only thing I am not happy with is the offering from many websites about "Distance Attunement" I know that Distance/Remote Healing works and I have contacted it numerous times myself. Although I am still the old school when it comes to Attunements with Hands on!!! the Student need the contact of a Master/Teacher.
Well that´s it from me for today

Silverangel

Last edited by SilverAngel : 27-10-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 29-10-2010, 03:01 PM
LightFilledHeart

Reiki never harms or interferes with your own Free Will!!! The only thing I am not happy with is the offering from many websites about "Distance Attunement" I know that Distance/Remote Healing works and I have contacted it numerous times myself. Although I am still the old school when it comes to Attunements with Hands on!!! the Student need the contact of a Master/Teacher.

I'm a Reiki Master/Teacher also, and I have to agree. I think many of the Internet sites that offer attunement from a distance are a sham. My other concern is that they turn out Reiki practitioners who lack assurance and confidence, which hampers their ability to open fully to allow the Reiki energy to flow through them to others. I can't tell you how many such have approached me with questions and concerns...things that SHOULD have been answered and assuaged by their teaching master during the course and its accompanying attunements.
Old 29-10-2010, 05:05 PM
sunny shine

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart

I'm a Reiki Master/Teacher also, and I have to agree. I think many of the Internet sites that offer attunement from a distance are a sham. My other concern is that they turn out Reiki practitioners who lack assurance and confidence, which hampers their ability to open fully to allow the Reiki energy to flow through them to others. I can't tell you how many such have approached me with questions and concerns...things that SHOULD have been answered and assuaged by their teaching master during the course and its accompanying attunements.

I have experienced distance healing work very well just like how you do it in person. So why not attunements? though i have not personally had any distant attunements, just curious
Old 29-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Yozhik

Rosewater:

The goal of Reiki attunement is to make us open (or, probably, more open) to universal energies around us and able to better channel it to others.

Whether we open up to positive or negative energies, in my opinion, is a matter of our intention.

For example, many, when starting to practice Reiki, wonder if giving somebody Reiki, they can "take on" negative energy from the person receiving. I think, and this is only my opinion, if you fear (negative emotion) getting negative energy from somebody, you become more likely to get it.

So, I think it's your attitude and your intention that influence the quality of energy you access.
Old 29-10-2010, 06:54 PM
SoaringSpirit

Distant attunements DO work. Think about it logically, if you can send reiki energy for a distant healing, then you can send an attunement distantly, its the SAME energy....
Old 29-10-2010, 07:41 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny shine
I have experienced distance healing work very well just like how you do it in person. So why not attunements? though i have not personally had any distant attunements, just curious

I'm certainly not claiming to be an expert nor to speak for other Reiki Masters, I am simply expressing my personal opinion Long distance healing is NOT the same as an attunement.

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 30-10-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 30-10-2010, 04:16 PM
SilverAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringSpirit
Distant attunements DO work. Think about it logically, if you can send reiki energy for a distant healing, then you can send an attunement distantly, its the SAME energy....

No its not the SAME energy. the Attunement process is a guided one which first enables the student to receive the divine energy through his/her conscious mind into the sub-conscious mind and than into the centre of the heart where our unconditional Love is at home.
Also during the Initiation the place where the Teacher and the student(s) are is prepared safely by the Teacher at first, to make sure all unwanted energies and influences are kept out.
When a Reiki Practitioner is giving a distance Healing session, he/she is aware of the correct process to do before starting the session.
This, you will learn from a Teacher during a Reiki Class and not through distance where you "just" read about things and try to keep them in your mind so you wont forget them. And don`t forget you don´t have no practical part eiter. Which is important because how will you know to put your hands on (which you have to know before going into any kind of distance process at all) and why you are keeping certain steps during a Reiki Session.
Reiki is taught in classes for a reason like other modalities as well. Otherwise when it is all the SAME we just think of it and sending it out not knowing what we are doing with it, because it has/ will work some how.
Sorry not true! Even in distance work the energy has to be called in and has to be properly guided where it should go, as well with the proper protection you would do in an one on one session.
I am working with Healing Energies and Frequencies since 1992 and also learned the hard way but that would be a total different Topic.

Love & Blessings